Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Thorn » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Shit cunt
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Greipel wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:18 pm Yes, one day old.
And already posted.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:44 pm

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:29 am

Can't even be arsed to practice for the Seniors, lazy bastard

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:54 am

Known Peter a lot of years and I doubt very much if that is the case, Not saying he will go all out between now and then but I bet he will put some serious effort into practice at least 2-3 weeks beforehand.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:42 pm

Zoom call: how the camera became the action in TV darts

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... n-tv-darts
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:36 pm

Journalist of the paper Rob Maul:

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:38 pm

Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:36 pm Journalist of the paper Rob Maul: Image
High level retardetry there.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:38 pm
Jimmi wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:36 pm Journalist of the paper Rob Maul: Image
High level retardetry there.
The Sun are used to printing shite.

“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Speaking of newspapers publishing shite...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/darts ... n-25707084

Christ where to start with that 🤣
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:47 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:42 pm Speaking of newspapers publishing shite... https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/darts ... n-25707084 Christ where to start with that 🤣
That explains why DBG is minted, Oxford singles and that.......

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:48 pm

He is not wrong though

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Who wrote that?

Rout?
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:15 pm

13 million?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:21 am

A quite haunting article on Duzza in the Guardian. I clipped a few quotes but it's worth reading the whole thing if you want.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... ampionship

----------
“If you look at the Premier League final, there was something creeping into my game,” he says. “It’s not a natural throw. It’s pretty mechanical. I knew I was extending my arm too far back. Then you begin to overthink, and you start losing, and the confidence aspect comes into it. Like a golfer having the yips, or a footballer who can’t score from six yards out ... I was in panic mode.”
----------
“I decided to go back to the local leagues, and that was an absolute disaster,” he says. “Every dart I was pulling and snatching. I went to Redcar races with my daughter and a guy shouted: ‘Now then Glen, are you still playing snooker?’ I said no. And he went: ‘Well you should be, because you’re shite at darts.’ And then about 20 people started laughing. People have such short memories.”
----------
“I don’t want Michael Smith and all them saying nice things about me. The last thing I wanted was sympathy. I want people to hate me. I want to get under their skin. Gerwyn Price called me a fat elephant once. The niceness is nice, but I preferred it when people were horrible to me. Because it meant I was winning.

“I’ve never once contemplated retiring. I’m realistic; I don’t have the dream of being a world champion again. All I want is to be competitive. I don’t want to be: ‘God, remember that guy who won the Premier League and capitulated within 18 months?’ I want to be someone who reached rock bottom, and started climbing back up.”
not a girl

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:24 am

Btw, Rob Maul wrote yesterday that Sherrock is expected to be in the PL.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:35 am

sennafan24 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:24 am Btw, Rob Maul wrote yesterday that Sherrock is expected to be in the PL.
Since Matt Porter and Uncle Eddie spoke on the subject I've been fairly sure that she will be. Now that they've opened the door, well... there is no scenario imaginable where Sky wouldn't pick her.
not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:10 am

Rogg wrote:A quite haunting article on Duzza in the Guardian. I clipped a few quotes but it's worth reading the whole thing if you want.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... ampionship

----------
“If you look at the Premier League final, there was something creeping into my game,” he says. “It’s not a natural throw. It’s pretty mechanical. I knew I was extending my arm too far back. Then you begin to overthink, and you start losing, and the confidence aspect comes into it. Like a golfer having the yips, or a footballer who can’t score from six yards out ... I was in panic mode.”
----------
“I decided to go back to the local leagues, and that was an absolute disaster,” he says. “Every dart I was pulling and snatching. I went to Redcar races with my daughter and a guy shouted: ‘Now then Glen, are you still playing snooker?’ I said no. And he went: ‘Well you should be, because you’re shite at darts.’ And then about 20 people started laughing. People have such short memories.”
----------
“I don’t want Michael Smith and all them saying nice things about me. The last thing I wanted was sympathy. I want people to hate me. I want to get under their skin. Gerwyn Price called me a fat elephant once. The niceness is nice, but I preferred it when people were horrible to me. Because it meant I was winning.

“I’ve never once contemplated retiring. I’m realistic; I don’t have the dream of being a world champion again. All I want is to be competitive. I don’t want to be: ‘God, remember that guy who won the Premier League and capitulated within 18 months?’ I want to be someone who reached rock bottom, and started climbing back up.”
And to think this time last year he was a leg away from the quarter-finals of the Worlds, he's really fallen off a cliff since then. Would probably make for an absolute shitfest of a match, but I hope he's somewhat competitive against Willie (let's be honest the dream is for him to beat Smiffy in round 3 lol)

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:26 am

Good interview, really hope this guy goes far