Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Robert Ross

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Robert Ross » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:11 pm

Hutchy72 wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:FOUR world-class darts professionals are set to play in front of a sold-out Woodsetton crowd.

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/1 ... to_Dudley/

An ex con with a history of assault and benefit fraud, A complete jobber that took 24 attempted in the pdc in a row to reach a third round of a comp, a paedophile and an abo.

Wow
Must be in aid of the same Hospice that Cave-ins career currently resides.

Cave-ins career was declared dead long ago. Or was it stillborn?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Schalke 04 is fast becoming my favourite Bundesliga club. Translated bla bla so you get the gist. From their match last Saturday.

"We have a dartboard in the cabin for a few days," explained Burgstaller after the game at Sky . "We've prevailed before, we'll be so cheering when we score a goal."

Among the royal bluewashes an elite has already formed in the internal competition. "Four players are on the same level: Burgstaller, Goretzka, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and I," explained Alessandro Schöpf.

Huntelaar had long been a big dart fan. In the previous year the Dutchman was even at the Darts World Championship in London, which is being broadcast by SPORT1 . There he also met his countryman and darts superstar Raymond van Barneveld.

http://www.sport1.de/fussball/bundeslig ... 1486849895
not a girl

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:38 am

what sort of pretentious cunts name their kid MacKenzie for a first name.

Pompous little cunt too and yer wan looks a a uptight cunt

[youtube][/youtube]

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Darts in America has finally made prime time TV
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bac ... d=45801447

certainly this means the turning point for darts in the American market, sure to take off and become a professional sport.........never.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm

???

WTF , all I saw was a clip of some bunch of faggots, attention whores, needy bitches, annoying yankee cunts ranting on about some shit that is supposed to pass for entertainment.

No it was not the bdo.....

Mr. Saldaar

Post by Mr. Saldaar » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:55 am

cannibal wrote:Darts in America has finally made prime time TV
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bac ... d=45801447

certainly this means the turning point for darts in the American market, sure to take off and become a professional sport.........never.
No doubt about it, U.S. darts was in a much better place 9-10 years ago. Besides the Desert Classic, didn't we have a couple of Players Championship events in Atlanta and Hartford? Not to mention, an American player (Gary Mawson) getting to a PDC final. I even recall ESPN covering Premier League games and the World Cup on their secondary channel now and then. Shame.

ITG

Post by ITG » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Resort man cleared after liking post that mocked Holocaust victims on Facebook

Ollie Cowan

A SOUTHPORT man who wrote “Awesome” under a vile Facebook post mocking the victims of the holocaust has been cleared of sending a communication of an offensive nature.

Former professional darts player Lee Hayes, 42, of Brooke Close, appeared for trial at Liverpool Community Justice Centre on March 2 to contest both the offence of sending the offensive article and obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty.

The court heard that a man had seen an entry on a local website which caused him to look at Hayes’s Facebook account.

There he discovered a post making a joke related to the Nazi concentration camps on his timeline, which Hayes had commented on with the word “Awesome.”

Police subsequently attended Hayes’s address on October 20 but he refused to go with officers for questioning.

Represented by solicitor Nick Archer, Hayes said that he used to be a professional darts player and had been tagged by one of his three or four thousand friends on Facebook in the offending post which he said originated from Funny.com.

He admitted making the comment and said that after doing so, the post was added to his timeline which was open to the public.

He insisted that he had not sent it to anyone and did not intend any offence. He said: “I just seen it as a little giggle. To be honest I am the worst for history.

“It was just adult humour. You cannot even smile, you can say a word out of order these days.” He told prosecutor Alison Clarkson that he had seen Roy Chubby Brown in Blackpool in 1990s make a similar kind of joke related to the concentration camps, saying “Everyone in the house was in hysterics”, but said he now understood it was offensive and apologised.

Regarding the offence of obstructing a police officer, he admitted making threatening comments, saying that was because of his bipolar condition, but insisted that he had not actually been arrested so did not have to go with the police.

The court was shown police bodycam footage, however, and District Judge James Clarke said an officer could be heard making reference to the fact that he had been arrested.

The judge therefore found him guilty of obstruction as he said the video clearly showed him refusing to go with the officers.

Acquitting Hayes of the other charge, however, Judge Clarke said that it was a “matter of common sense” that the image on Facebook was grossly offensive but said that given that Hayes had not tagged anybody, or posted it to anybody, he was not satisfied that he’d intended to cause distress or anxiety to anyone, which Mr Archer had emphasised was an essential element of the charge.

The court heard that Hayes had been given a suspended prison sentence at Preston Crown Court last September for offering money to someone when his wife was facing a trial, “in the hope that it would go away”. His wife Samantha was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court last June for biting off part of a woman’s ear at a darts tournament at Birkdale Labour Club.

Hayes was fined £150, ordered to pay costs and victim surcharge of £280, and told that Preston Crown court would be informed of the conviction.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Hey ITG. you do know anything you post here from dolefinish was already posted on here first.

It was here that posted that....check out the lee hayes thread.

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:36 pm

LOL

ITG

Post by ITG » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:37 pm

actually i was sent it on fb from someone who reads tsod, but they told me you posted it on there as well when i asked where it was from after i posted this.

they do not post on forums but they read your blog regularly.

last time i met him in person actually his words were "did you read justin's blog at the weekend?" :lol:

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:39 pm

in the gravy wrote:actually i was sent it on fb from someone who reads tsod, but they told me you posted it on there as well when i asked where it was from after i posted this.

they do not post on forums but they read your blog regularly.

last time i met him in person actually his words were "did you read justin's blog at the weekend?" :lol:

Yep I posted it on TSoD after here.
I thought TSoD needed something other that rout starting yet another pdc are cunts thread

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Seriously darts in Africa advancing past darts in America. They are getting about double what Canada and America have on avg for participation in PDC events in recent years. Also spectator numbers at least 5x what has been gotten for events here, and that is being generous.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Local ... t-20170313
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation