Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Thorn » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Feel for him for his issues and everything. Not mocking him either for staying in the BDO, it's his decision. But some of those comments are beyond idiotic. "I like to be a person, not a number" That's a load of crap.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:15 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 pm I think they are coming back depressed.

Think about what they are coming back to.
Not to mention that they're usually just "coming back" to the BDO for the minimum time possible, until they can next try to get back into the PDC. They're depressed because they had to leave the PDC, not because they were in it. But with Harms having been thoroughly mushroomfied over the last half decade, it's no surprise he doesn't understand the difference.

The kicker for me in the interview was the closing part:
‘Winning the majors is the next aim,’ Harms continued. ‘It’s all on the day. I feel well, everything is alright so there’s no complaining there.

‘Being number one is already a surprise to me but we’ll see how it goes. I need to win the big titles, I’m done with the semi-finals.’
It still hasn't sunk in with some that the era of "big titles" to be won in the BDO is just about over. I hope Harms enjoys playing the next "world championship" in front of 200 people in whatever arena ends up offering Uncle Des the cheapest deal.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:48 am

Gando has perked up, the old grumpy man we saw at the end of last season has gone. Good to see he's happy, and I know he's just come back from a long lay off and threw a near 100 average, but he seems strangely OK with losing. Hope he's not lost that competitive edge in his absence

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:48 am

Cameron Menzies “schoolboy error” blows UK Open dream
https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20190301/
Cameron Menzies saw his UK Open title dreams shattered by a “schoolboy error” says TV pundit Chris Mason.

The Ayrshire ace was knocked out of the FA Cup of Darts after being timed-out from his Second Round match against Jamie Bain on Friday afternoon.

Menzies missed his five-minute warning after an excellent opening win over Wes Newton on the Main Stage, and Bain was subsequently handed a bye.

Mason said: "It was a bit of a schoolboy error. The general idea from most players is to stay close to the area you are playing in next.

"To be fair, there's so many players here in Minehead, it's quite tough to keep track of where to be at the right time.

"I think it's Cameron’s first UK Open so he’s probably just been caught out. I think he stayed in a different practice area just to keep playing.

"It's a genuine mistake from him and I feel sorry for him. It's an awful way to go out of the tournament especially having played so well in his first game.

"He was excellent in beating Wes Newton, with 10 maximum 180s in the game. It's just a shame he never got to play on."
not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:11 pm

They're all here!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:37 am

Nathan Aspinall admits losing his card was crucial in rediscovering his hunger for darts
https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/12 ... -for-darts

Speaking exclusively to the Sky Sports Darts Show podcast, he said: "I had my card in 2015. I was still working and I wasn't good enough, to be honest, and lost my card and then didn't win it back.

"It was probably the best thing that could have happened to me because it gave me my hunger back. I realised how much I wanted to be a pro darter, and I worked so hard on my game to win my card back.

"When I had my card the first time I took it for granted and thought I'd made it. I got a bit lazy. I had to lose it before I could realise how much I wanted it. You need that hunger and I got that back when I lost it."

---

"I had a good run at the worlds and it was all about backing that up," he said.

"I didn't want to be a one-shot pony, a lot of people have done well at the worlds or big tournaments before and never really backed it up and that was my big aim coming into the year, to qualify for major tournaments, and my first one back since the worlds and I won it! So I couldn't have really got off to a better start.

"I've always believed I had the game to do it but did I think it would happen in my second year as a pro? No. But it has happened and I have to grab that with both hands and kick on."
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:57 am

Quest secures exclusive free-to-air MotoGP Highlights from 2019
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/moto/quest- ... tory.shtml
Simon Downing, Head of Channel Quest said: “We are delighted to add MotoGP to our premium sport portfolio."
When will etc. etc.
not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 pm

They're all here!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Can only be positive

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm

If the claims are true then Fatpot did the right thing, and more than likely should have done it some time ago. Fatpot been around long enough to know what the day to day doings of a manager should be. He and his wife can work together to get her up to speed. Look its not fucking brain surgey, it is more a matter of discipline and keeping up with registration deadlines and travel. Get your ipod calender and scheduler cooking and get the fuck going. The thing they will lose is negotiating sponsor deals but that task can be passed on to people who specialize in securing those deals. Here in the states there are lawyers and agencies that is all they do, and I am sure experts in the UK exist as well. More than likely they can be had for a contingency fee with maybe a small retainer plopped on.

I admit even tho I am not a big Fatpot fan, I am anxious to see him get back to being a real competitor with the top players. When he is on he was a pleasure to watch back a couple years ago.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 pm

cannibal wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm If the claims are true then Fatpot did the right thing, and more than likely should have done it some time ago. Fatpot been around long enough to know what the day to day doings of a manager should be. He and his wife can work together to get her up to speed. Look its not fucking brain surgey, it is more a matter of discipline and keeping up with registration deadlines and travel. Get your ipod calender and scheduler cooking and get the fuck going. The thing they will lose is negotiating sponsor deals but that task can be passed on to people who specialize in securing those deals. Here in the states there are lawyers and agencies that is all they do, and I am sure experts in the UK exist as well. More than likely they can be had for a contingency fee with maybe a small retainer plopped on.

I admit even tho I am not a big Fatpot fan, I am anxious to see him get back to being a real competitor with the top players. When he is on he was a pleasure to watch back a couple years ago.
The game needs the fat idle cunt.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 pm

The game needs the fat idle cunt.

Totally agree!

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 pm

His game's been coming back to him so hopefully this is the final piece in the puzzle.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Agree he's far to talented to fall away completely but he needs to put the hours in and discipline himself. Snackpot in full flow is fantastic to watch
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm

Have these been posted here before? Anyways these are funny as fuck.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:15 pm

We Desire Information.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Aye saw the first one a few weeks back and the new one yesterday.

Outstanding.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:28 pm

I pmsl everytime a bead of sweat dripped off the fat cunt.
We Desire Information.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 am

Some of the Matt Porter quotes on what to do with next year's Premier League. Article is longer.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/29/pdc-chie ... n-9059737/
Of course, what the players and fans alike want to know is whether the contenders will be back for next year’s Premier League.

In short, nobody knows just yet, but there seems to be every chance that we will see something new when the tournament rolls around in 2020.

‘It’s too early to say,’ said Porter. ‘We’re pleased a change in format has been productive and positive.

‘But moments like John Henderson walking on in Aberdeen with a bag piper, are they one offs? Do they have the same impact second time around or do they have to be modified slightly?

‘There are plenty of other creative ideas out there that can be introduced if necessary. It’s not just a case of “that was great, let’s do it again” because it might not be as great second time around. So we have to take a view on everything.’
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm

Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... h-to-darts
"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"Only time will tell but I wish him luck and hope he does well.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
not a girl

Users browsing this forum: Amazon [Bot], Bing [Bot], Captain Hobo, Greipel, Majestic-12 [Bot], Robinski, Safc, Semrush [Bot], shenmue, skweezit, The Crow, Tibsy1, Tommo, tungsten tossers and 99 guests