Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Neither did anybody else

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:29 pm
Rogg wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:02 pm Another interesting read in the company of DUZZA. He gives an impression of Jimbo's Q-School adventure that surprised me...

Glen Durrant: ‘I went to the World Masters and didn’t want to be there, there’s no sadness over leaving the BDO’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/23/glen-dur ... o-8380964/
They must be making it all up again.
The fanatics won't like it, if any of them survived the weekend.

The kicker being where he says of returning to his previous manager that "loyalty is very important to me"...
not a girl

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Jimbo should be favourite for the BDO World Championship next year..
YORKSHIRE GRIT

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Glen Durrant is treating the BDO like his ex bird.

Only last year he wanted be with her for life.

This year he's got a better bird.

And now he's sticking the boot in.

I hope it works out for him he may be crawling back.

And the silly cow will have him back with open arms!

You couldn't make it up! lol

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:37 pm Jimbo should be favourite for the BDO World Championship next year..
Jim and Mitchell would be my bet for the final next year, Ross the boss could end up winning it in his 70s if the decent players keep trying for the PDC card ..

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:56 pm

BDO chairman Des Jacklin: ‘It makes no difference to me where the World Championships are held, other venues are in the running’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/25/bdo-chai ... g-8391123/
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 am

Clearly a reference to the Ricoh Arena in that article then...
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 am Clearly a reference to the Ricoh Arena in that article then...
Including this absolute head-scratcher of a statement:
‘The money we’re talking about in football far surpasses the money in darts, either code of darts.’
As Jacklin surely isn't stupid enough (right?) to believe that companies sponsoring football will be getting interested in sponsoring his dinky darts org just because a tournament takes place at a football arena complex, he must instead be thinking that BDO supporters are stupid enough to believe it?

It's all getting very Warren Brown-ish in a hurry right now, post-Lakeside. #Carlsberg!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:48 am

Zeyes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 am
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 am Clearly a reference to the Ricoh Arena in that article then...
‘The money we’re talking about in football far surpasses the money in darts, either code of darts.’
As Jacklin surely isn't stupid enough (right?) to believe that companies sponsoring football will be getting interested in sponsoring his dinky darts org just because a tournament takes place at a football arena complex, he must instead be thinking that BDO supporters are stupid enough to believe it?

It's all getting very Warren Brown-ish in a hurry right now, post-Lakeside. #Carlsberg!
Lol, I was going to quote that part and mention Warren Brown. Some of Des' flourishes would make the architect of the #NewEra wince. Events of all kinds have been held in and around football grounds forever, including the PDC Masters next week as far as I know #Wow
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:13 pm

Zeyes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 am

Already said this is the new "New Era", and will end in tears like the last.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Jim Williams post Q-School Interview: ‘I will possibly do a few Challenge Tours’
https://dartsnews.com/jim-williams-post ... enge-tours

Sorry to have troubled you Jim.
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Disappointing attitude

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/26/des-jack ... 95428/amp/
‘I believe everyone who went and didn’t get a Tour Card will come back although playing Q School has enabled them to play the Challenge Tour as well.

‘The cost involved in playing a BDO event is a lot less than a PDC event, more than double for a PDC event.

‘If a player is a bit flush that month and can afford to travel to a PDC event, stay in a hotel, play the Challenge Tour then great.

‘If the following month they’ve only got £150 in their pocket then they can book into the British Open, or the British Classic, or an England Open, a Belgian Open, wherever.

‘They can play to where their budget lies.’
Is, um. Right. Is he alright?
not a girl

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Not to mention that he starts out only talking about making the org more professional "at our level", which is totally fine and nobody would find fault with, but then he goes on to say:
‘In about four weeks’ time, provided everything falls into place, the things we will be announcing will put us back to the status that we had.

‘There was a time that nobody wanted to know the PDC, it was only 20 years ago, and the BDO was everything.

‘I don’t want that to happen again, I want us to have an equal footing, I want it to be 50% BDO and 50% PDC.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:20 pm

"Provided everything falls into place"

Fucking professional is it not?
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:53 pm

Zeyes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm Not to mention that he starts out only talking about making the org more professional "at our level", which is totally fine and nobody would find fault with, but then he goes on to say:
‘In about four weeks’ time, provided everything falls into place, the things we will be announcing will put us back to the status that we had.

‘There was a time that nobody wanted to know the PDC, it was only 20 years ago, and the BDO was everything.

‘I don’t want that to happen again, I want us to have an equal footing, I want it to be 50% BDO and 50% PDC.
Maybe he's trying to say that he wants the BDO to have 50% of the PDC's professionalism.
not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:58 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:53 pm
Zeyes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm Not to mention that he starts out only talking about making the org more professional "at our level", which is totally fine and nobody would find fault with, but then he goes on to say:

Maybe he's trying to say that he wants the BDO to have 50% of the PDC's professionalism.
At this rate .50% of said professionalism would be a challenge.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:40 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 pm Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

‘I believe everyone who went and didn’t get a Tour Card will come back although playing Q School has enabled them to play the Challenge Tour as well.

‘The cost involved in playing a BDO event is a lot less than a PDC event, more than double for a PDC event.

‘If a player is a bit flush that month and can afford to travel to a PDC event, stay in a hotel, play the Challenge Tour then great.

‘If the following month they’ve only got £150 in their pocket then they can book into the British Open, or the British Classic, or an England Open, a Belgian Open, wherever.

Is there actually an entry fee for CT events? None for Pro Tour and book the hotels early is cheap as chips. Also costs a fucking lot more to do the travel around the shit holes of Europe
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:58 pm

M H wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:40 pm
Rogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 pm Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

Is there actually an entry fee for CT events? None for Pro Tour and book the hotels early is cheap as chips. Also costs a fucking lot more to do the travel around the shit holes of Europe
£50 for a single Challenge Tour event, so £200 if you enter the full set over a weekend. The rewards of success on the CT are high, I don't think that's up for debate. Prize money, tour cards, free Q-School, access to free-entry Players Championships, UK Open spots and a place at Ally Pally. Value is measured by each individual, anyway, and that's all. They don't seem to be struggling for numbers on this tour, quite the opposite in fact.

He brings up the costs of 'travel' and 'hotel' to play a UK PDC event (surprised he didn't mention food!), as though these aren't considerations if you enter the Belgian Open of all things. It's an old trick and hilarious stuff.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:54 pm

The latest instalment in the Des Jacklin "giddy giddy giddy" Metro files...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/29/leighton ... ssion=true
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016