Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
cannibal

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:52 am Of course, Des has never taken anything to social media...

wtf is des talking about? and lets get fair here, no doubt pauly is spineless but it is just as spineless to call some one out by a nick name many probably won't recognize with Pauly. Show des get your balls off that chain around paula's neck and man up and call out pauly by his name that everyone will know. Or is it that fact that you don't want everyone to know exactly who your calling out?
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Listened to the podcast, a bunch of softball questions. No follow ups on points of vagueness from Jacklin. And some of what Jacklin said was as vague as fuck, especially on the areas that they should have at least at this point have a clear strategy. For e.g. what kind of sponsorship strategy they are pursuing. He basically said he doesn't have a fucking clue how the sponsor strategy is going to work. One big sponsor or several sponsors different segments (men, women, lodging etc.) Then he claims he only has a say on the money amounts, but how can you say ya or nay on the amount if you don't have an overall plan for how the sponsorship system is going to work? The strategy required effects the amounts you should be looking for. Seems to me no title sponsor and the possibles they are talking to don't want to invest much so they want to chop things down into smaller bits. i.e. no bidding war here for a title sponsor someone can get this on the cheap, tit is a fucking fishing expedition for sponsors. The other thing is I highly doubt AEG is bringing sponsors to the table because if they were they probably would have laid out a plan how it was going to work. And wouldn't that step on the toes of Sportal who gets some kind of money out of all these sponsors and organizers? What AEG does is branding via their own vendors. So for e.g. Coors is their beer supplier not that you have to use them but if you do you get % discount and Coors gets to put up their ads allover the venue and more than likely gets a database of info on the people who showed up at your event. If you bring in an outside supplier or service your going to more than likely pay a % or fee to have the privilege to do that. AEG will have dozens of vendors for every little thing from decorating\design, lights, chairs, to food and drink. Bring in someone outside to do this, it will cost you even more the venue will make sure of that.

(ok I changed most to some in the second sentence. because honestly he wasn't as vague as I thought, certainly my bias was at play in saying most. The only thing he was really vague on was the sponsorship and that is a pretty important piece to the puzzle given the BDO history on that one)
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:40 pm

I always like Hearns interviews, it is always difficult to get good answers from a promoter as they tend to over hype all the time 24 - 7. Hearn here shows has an idea of an overall picture of how things fit together for their business strategy. Most promoters all hype all the time, granted Hearn is more than just a promoter he is the main salesman and face of the front office of the PDC. You get a sense that sure certain events are important but they all fit into an overall strategy that works and they know it is working because the market is telling them it is working. Good to hear they haven't written off India and Africa, think those places are good places for serious growth. Ok these markets aren't as valuable as Asia or America as far as potential, but they still are potential money makers. These markets seriously need grass roots development and I know Africa in particular are begging for help. This would be a good place for the PDC to have a go in venturing down the ladder to do something in grass roots and gain some experience in basically starting from scratch. This isn't something the PDC have done yet. This is the future if they want darts to be truly global, which right now it isn't by Hearns own admission; still only in pockets so they need to figure out in the long run how to fill in those spaces in between.

Expansion in the Worlds seems a serious possibility in the future, as well as, bringing younger than 16 players into the top tiers.

Hearns discussion of GSOD as in his previous comments confirms they gave the BDO carte blance on their GSOD picks. Still think this was stupid move by the PDC

Best sound bite from Hearn: "...Continue on our path to make darts a truly global sport...we mustn't take a parochial view of British darts fans, because it is a global sport...It's a big world out there and one that we intend to dominate."

What was the last question asked? I couldn't decipher what was asked.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Some good stuff here from Mason, love him or hate him, he makes some valid points here.

I mentioned softballs being tossed up in a previous post. So let me just say I threw up one of my own in a previous post on this thread, it is just hanging in mid air to be smashed by some useless cunt. Think in cricket this would be called a Pie Chucker...it is just waiting to be hit to the old cow corner so for the love god someone put me out of my misery and clobber that sucker as we say in the states.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:50 pm

No one willing to take a swing? Come on dartsweekly job in the fray. Not a set up genuinely hoping someone takes a shot at me as I deserve it.
We Desire Information.

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:35 am

A full transcript from our interview with Des Jacklin last week https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/08/12/ ... ranscript/

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:21 pm

cannibal wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Some good stuff here from Mason, love him or hate him, he makes some valid points here.

I mentioned softballs being tossed up in a previous post. So let me just say I threw up one of my own in a previous post on this thread, it is just hanging in mid air to be smashed by some useless cunt. Think in cricket this would be called a Pie Chucker...it is just waiting to be hit to the old cow corner so for the love god someone put me out of my misery and clobber that sucker as we say in the states.

Always enjoy hearing Masons slant on things, one of the very fiew i can listen to..

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 am

Episode 115 of the Weekly Dartscast podcast and it's a busy one as we're joined by Nick Kenny, Kerrie Crompton, Richard North and Paul Hogan

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 pm

https://dartsnews.com/mcgeeney-on-switc ... n-able-to/

Considered himself world 129 when he was bdo number one.......

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Episode 116 of the Weekly Dartscast podcast and we're joined by Haupai Puha and Shane McGuirk. Give it a listen here if you wish:

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:55 am

A few bits from us ahead of the World Trophy:

Episode 117 of the podcast with Stuart Pyke, Dave Parletti and Casey Gallagher:

Darts experts make their World Trophy predictions (Men's): https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/08/26/ ... -part-one/

(ladies): https://weeklydartscast.com/2019/08/28/ ... -part-two/

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:09 pm

Priscilla and Aileen: lovers face each other in a big darts competition

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/sport/darts/ar ... -van-groot (translated)
Dartster Priscilla Steenbergen will probably not soon forget her coming debut on a major. The lady qualified for the BDO World Trophy and competes in the first round against Aileen de Graaf, her beloved.

"Yes, my girl has qualified for her first major tournament for next Saturday. Very proud of her. We just have to throw each other," says De Graaf on Facebook.

"Also for the first time in history, I think a couple should play against each other at a major tournament," she continues. "In any case, we are looking forward to it. And one of us will certainly continue."

Steenbergen and De Graaf are facing each other on Saturday afternoon. They play the third game of the afternoon.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:24 pm

Fucking filthy dyke cunts. Turns your stomach it does.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Found this article interesting coming out of South Africa. Good to see something different on darts and different types of people playing the game.
https://highwaymail.co.za/334120/scient ... the-darts/
We Desire Information.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:22 pm

I've not read it yet but here's a Q&A with Matt Porter.

https://dartsweb.wordpress.com/2019/09/ ... ew-porter/
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Just said no to pretty much everything lol. Agree with him on the Development Tour though, 23 is a proper age limit
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Safc

Post by Safc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:58 pm

That Q & A is a load of shit what a negative tit basically says nothing wrong with anything that's in place.

The Grand Slam basically will be staying with the 8 floor qualifiers

Trueblue32

Post by Trueblue32 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Safc wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:58 pm That Q & A is a load of shit what a negative tit basically says nothing wrong with anything that's in place.

The Grand Slam basically will be staying with the 8 floor qualifiers
Seriously?
Should never have a qualifier for it

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:27 am

NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast with Rowby-John Rodriguez, Luke Humphries, Arron Monk, Mandy Solomons, World Trophy and Austrian Darts Championship Reviews and more

LISTEN VIA THE LINK BELOW

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 am

In order to have the event as a ranking event, it’s important for us to have it open to the whole field of tour card holders so having qualifying places for eight players satisfies this criteria. Otherwise it becomes a bit too much of a closed shop for the top echelons
All the tour card holders have the opportunity to qualify on the pro tour all year round. Not to mention all those who play in the UK Open and World Cup.

At the least, the PDC should reduce the 1-day qualifiers to four.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.