Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Ginge Reaper

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:07 pm

Its because its funny as fuck and should be mocked and highlighted as much as possible.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. We did reach out to Little Richard a few weeks ago, but he told us he wasn't in the mood to do any media. We'll definitely be trying again to get him on. We've also made contact with the WDF about getting their chairman on as a guest.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:15 pm

cannibal wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm I like and appreciate their show, it's not perfect by any means and yes some post production and sound quality control would improve it but it's the best available regular darts podcast that I am aware of so glad to have it nonetheless.
not surprised because darts fans will settle for some right pile of dog shit just because it has something to do with darts.
heard around the swedes dinner table: best regular dog shit available please pass me some more.
I pay for the majority of my food so I choose the quality to my liking. If somebody cooks me some food for free I wouldn't tell them to "fuck off your food is shit" even if I thought it was because i'm not an asshole.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:08 pm

It was a good interview with Pipe and interesting to hear him say (claim?) that if and when he loses his card that is him done, he would not do Q school.

I'm never quite sure what to make of him.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:27 am

Just when you thought things were bad for Arsenal.

If darts players were Premier League teams: Who to support at the 2019/20 World Darts Championship

https://www.live-darts.com/pdcdartsnews ... all-teams/
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:42 am

Rogg wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:27 am Just when you thought things were bad for Arsenal.

If darts players were Premier League teams: Who to support at the 2019/20 World Darts Championship

https://www.live-darts.com/pdcdartsnews ... all-teams/
They can fuck right off with gando

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am

NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 134 PDC World Championship Preview special with Benito van de Pas and Sam Ellard

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:03 pm

dartsweekly wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 am NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 134 PDC World Championship Preview special with Benito van de Pas and Sam Ellard

Ok....Thanks

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Porter on many topics.

On Uncle Des, re his Slam moan: "They're not his picks because it's not his event"... chuckle.

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:24 pm

not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Steve would be better suited to Lakeside I think. Should play Searle next round. Can't they both lose?
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:15 pm

West has had some great results but he couldn't be accused of consistency.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:30 pm

More from Uncle B.

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:16 pm

Well that's one way of framing it. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10643312 ... prize-cut/
PLEASE ROCK UP - BDO bosses beg Fallon Sherrock and Co not to boycott World Championship after selling just 15 PER CENT of tickets

BUNGLING BDO bosses have begged Fallon Sherrock and other stars not to boycott their World Championship — despite slashing prize money by up to 60 PER CENT.

In a grovelling letter to players just five days before the nine-day tournament starts at The O2, the BDO admitted they cannot guarantee promised prize money as they have managed to sell just 15 per cent of the tickets.
Darts legend Bobby George, a two-time Lakeside finalist, blasted the BDO, screaming: “What a f*** up!”
:shock: :)
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:52 pm

Scott Mitchell admits 'I'm very sad' that BDO World Championship will not take place at iconic Lakeside venue

"Lakeside is the home of darts for me and I’m very sad that it’s not at Lakeside. It’s just a perfect venue.

"It’s just so easy for the fans and so easy for the players. You walk in the place and the hair on the back of your neck stands up and that’s after 11 times of being there.

"I just hope that we can get Lakeside back as a venue for some sort of darts because it really did make darts.

"Darts didn’t really come to the fore until we went to Lakeside. It has a massive place.

"But we’re at the O2 now and we’ve got to deal with that at the Indigo rooms and I played there in a couple of exhibitions and I know the atmosphere there can be great too.

"So let’s hope that we can get the place with people in it and get the atmosphere for them so that they can create the atmosphere for us."

The BDO event has been in the headlines this week after prize money was cut following disappointing ticket sales of just 15 per cent of those available across the nine-day competition.

Mitchell said: "When you move away from somewhere like the Lakeside, there are fans that just go to the Lakeside because it’s the Lakeside.

"They’re not bothered whose on the telly or whose on the stage, they love going to Lakeside and watching darts so you sell many, many tickets from just that alone and because they’ve been for 20 years on the trot.

"It’s that sort of fan you get at Lakeside. When you move away there’s always apprehension."
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Rogg wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:52 pm Scott Mitchell admits 'I'm very sad' that BDO World Championship will not take place at iconic Lakeshite venue

"Lakeshite is the home of darts for me and I’m very sad that it’s not at Lakeshite. It’s just a perfect venue.

"It’s just so easy for the fans and so easy for the players. You walk in the place and the hair on the back of your neck stands up and that’s after 11 times of being there.

"I just hope that we can get Lakeshite back as a venue for some sort of darts because it really did make darts.

"Darts didn’t really come to the fore until we went to Lakeshite. It has a massive place.

"But we’re at the O2 now and we’ve got to deal with that at the Indigo rooms and I played there in a couple of exhibitions and I know the atmosphere there can be great too.

"So let’s hope that we can get the place with people in it and get the atmosphere for them so that they can create the atmosphere for us."

The BDO event has been in the headlines this week after prize money was cut following disappointing ticket sales of just 15 per cent of those available across the nine-day competition.

Mitchell said: "When you move away from somewhere like the Lakeshite, there are fans that just go to the Lakeshite because it’s the Lakeshite.

"They’re not bothered whose on the telly or whose on the stage, they love going to Lakeshite and watching darts so you sell many, many tickets from just that alone and because they’ve been for 20 years on the trot.

"It’s that sort of fan you get at Lakeshite. When you move away there’s always apprehension."
Really?

Scott mate, try disengaging gob and engaging brain
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Jollees had its moments, yes. Bristow won only 1 of his world titles at Lakeside. Mitchell is some country club romantic, keeping it polite.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:24 pm

And totally ignores Ally Pally and the NoTW which was huge in the day and live on ITV.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 am

Ally Pally NOTW had crazy fans. Between the leek waving and people climbing the rafters there was no best of order. Use to be footage of it on youtube.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:28 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/other ... sport.html

Stealing Wrights limelight, hope he comes back, be fun watching him get beat up, by a nobody
Last edited by mad jock on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.