Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
vizIIsto

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by vizIIsto » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:26 am

cannibal wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:14 am Nice article good analysis. Only thing I would question is the choice of 2018 as a benchmark. The thing is you dont want to be using an outlier of MvG performance to answer the question is he in decline or even if he is facing better opponents. Not sure if 2018 is an outlier but you really want a better representation of MvG standard over a couple years.

Is kemp part of dart oracle? The article was credited to dart oracle not Kemp.

Darts Orakel is a collaboration between Christopher Kempf and Lendel Faria, inventor of the FDI rankings - which I had mentioned a few times when I ran the Fantasy comp. I was always a fan of his work and now he collaborated with my second favorite darts statistician to create Darts Orakel.
It's a pity the subscription is on the pricey side.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:14 pm

It's that time again.

Taylor, 60, said: “I’ll be back on the practice board, taking it dead serious and taking them all on at the Seniors.

“And if it goes well, and I get back to anywhere near my old standard, I’ll probably enter the UK Open next year.

“It would be great to rattle a few cages again. I would love to see the look on a few people's faces if they landed me in the draw.”
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/6800640/tay ... -comeback/
not a girl

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Rogg wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:14 pm It's that time again.

Taylor, 60, said: “I’ll be back on the practice board, taking it dead serious and taking them all on at the Seniors.

“And if it goes well, and I get back to anywhere near my old standard, I’ll probably enter the UK Open next year.

“It would be great to rattle a few cages again. I would love to see the look on a few people's faces if they landed me in the draw.”
I'm sure we will see him at the worlds in 2022 when he wins the seniors and Barry borrows an idea from snooker and puts the seniors champ in the draw.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:43 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:21 pm

I'm sure we will see him at the worlds in 2022 when he wins the seniors and Barry borrows an idea from snooker and puts the seniors champ in the draw.
You know exactly what to say to upset me.
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:14 am

Philth is going to walk this easy. Can see Hearn giving a spot to him. But think it will only be a one off. Only for Taylor maybe Adams. The standard is going to be absolute shit. If they get a senior tour; which I dont think they will, it will be painful to watch.

Philth will get bored with smashing these useless washed up has beens in the first year and then he will retire again.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Dfc180

Post by Dfc180 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:32 am

Emulsfier wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:21 pm

I hope he doesn't. But I do think a spot at the grand slam and couple of places at the UK open should be on offer for the finalists

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 am

Just get rid of all tours and make everything 100% invites
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Wade admits struggle in Premier League block: "Maybe I’m just going a little bit soft and in touch with my emotions"

James Wade was a late call-up to the line-up for the 2021 Premier League Darts after a positive Covid-19 test for Gerwyn Price but admits he has struggled with bubble life for one reason.

Wade spoke to the media following his win over Michael van Gerwen where he finally showed some form and said it related to his son, Arthur and not saying goodbye properly when he left.

“If I’m honest, people use excuses and I have in the past, I’ve probably struggled more this block section. I just keep obsessing that I didn’t give my two-year-old boy Arthur – and I know it sounds really silly – a proper hug and kiss before I left," said Wade.

“He was too busy watching Blue’s Clues. But I just said ‘I’ll see you tomorrow morning’. I’ve tortured myself the whole time that why I didn’t give him a little hug and my wife a hug and kiss.

“It’s really stupid and trivial. I was so annoyed at myself. I never used to feel like that but maybe I’m just going a little bit soft and in touch with my emotions. I felt really crap.

“I spoke to him – well he acknowledged me today – on FaceTime and it made me feel a lot better. But I will never ever leave home again and not give my little boy a cuddle. And my wife as well!”

He added: “It’s no secret I didn’t play amazing. I did enough to prevail. The most frustrating thing is how disconnected I’ve been from the previous two games.

“If I’m honest it’s because I didn’t think I’d be here. I’ve been doing a lot of manual work at home, that’s what I enjoy doing, I thought I’d come here get my appearance money and just shoot back home."

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 am

I'm sure he can bring home a nice toy for Arthur.

"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:38 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 am I'm sure he can bring home a nice toy for Arthur.

:lol:

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:51 am

Captain Hobo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 am I'm sure he can bring home a nice toy for Arthur.

:lol: :lol:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:28 am

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:47 am

Randall wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:28 am https://www.sportinglife.com/darts/news ... nge/190881

Ffs
I agree with Plastic aussie cunt!!
+1

He is right tbf

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Safc wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:47 am
Randall wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:28 am https://www.sportinglife.com/darts/news ... nge/190881

Ffs
I agree with Plastic aussie cunt!!
+1

He is right tbf
We have been saying it on here for years

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Credit to diarrhea mouth that was a good article. Raised a few good points. For me a great point that a ranking system that keeps a bit closer creates incentive for players to show up to PC and ET. It also is more interesting as a fan.

Even tho the PDC system isn't the best it's mitigated somewhat by various qualifying criteria as well as various ooms in use.
We Desire Information.

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:09 am

𝙉𝙀𝙒 𝙋𝙊𝘿𝘾𝘼𝙎𝙏!

Episode 1️⃣9️⃣6️⃣

🗣️ Special guests
Dimitri Van den Bergh
Jason Francis

🎯 Premier League opening week review
👩‍🦲 Reaction to World Seniors announcement
❓ Listener questions

Listen 👇

Co-hosts Alex Moss and Burton DeWitt are back with a new episode after the first week of the new Premier League season. First, Jason Francis (11:26), the co-promoter of the newly-launched World Seniors Championship, calls in to discuss his success in promoting seniors events in snooker, how the move into senior darts transpired, and his plans for the inaugural event in 2022. Next, Dimitri Van den Bergh (39:31) joins us to reflect on his first week as a full Premier League player, as well as the last nine months since winning the World Matchplay and recently moving home from Belgium to England. Plus, Alex and Burton look back on the first five nights of the Premier League, look ahead to next week's next block of four nights, make their picks with Low6 for Monday's fixtures, and also take on your listener questions. Enjoy!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:15 am

Fallon Hearn Porter on state of darts
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... e=url_link
We Desire Information.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:05 pm

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:57 am

Good job darts weakly on putting descriptions and time of segment. Makes listening easier. I never listen to entire show. Only go for interviews.
We Desire Information.

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:57 am Good job darts weakly on putting descriptions and time of segment. Makes listening easier. I never listen to entire show. Only go for interviews.
No problem. Thanks for listening. 😊