Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO

The Ginge Reaper

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:00 pm

Fuck me, some mainstream media coverage!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Does he think anyone gives a fuck?

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Rogg wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:Is this Phil's annual retirement statement, or is that still to come?
Not sure really. I'm still expecting the "five more years" announcement of an announcement before the Premier League returns, the same one he's been making since 2008.
lol true he has been doing that one for some time. But here is why I think this time its different and real. Usually in his interviews win or lose he was always talking about the darts the set up, practice and how he is going to get it right, going to get my spot back on the OOM, blah blah blah. I can't remember when that kind of talk from him pretty much stopped but I think it was around the time of the smashing he took in the PL final 2016. Since then I think he has been resigned that MvG owns his ass. Sure he isn't going to roll over but it pretty much is written MvG now is better than him. And of course he can't push Ando around anymore either.

I am sure PT will be along and give a more detailed analysis with a better time line. :lol:
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Wonder what Tommy Cox thinks...

Fuck me! Just checked on the off chance, here we go:

Toe Knee Green @tonygreenBDO Jan 3
@TommyCox_PDC are you looking forward to Ross Montgomery's usual first round exit? #Lakeside

Tommy Cox @TommyCox_PDC
@tonygreenBDO TBH I didn't know he was playing.Perhaps he will reach Round 2 this year, who knows ? haven't heard him put up as a Champion!
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Wahey!

He's got a tough draw as well, hopefully he loses first round
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Wahey!

I've not looked at the draw since it was made (twice)... will go and have a look now.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Rogg wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:Wahey!

I've not looked at the draw since it was made (twice)... will go and have a look now.
He says in the article today who he plays :D

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:28 pm

midget spewing more shit.

hope he is "hammered"

Surreys finest

Post by Surreys finest » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:51 pm

I didn't realize Ross the Dross was 54. If he had ever acheived anything in darts I would call him a has been. He hasn't so I'll just call him a bitter old failure.

As has been said before he should be absolutely hysterical with love and gratitude for the PDC's existence. Without the top players in darts fucking off he would never have qualified for a world championship.
"John Walton trying out Q school is like a vicar trying gangsta rap"

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 am

not a girl

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 am

the bubble is bursting

fatknut

Post by fatknut » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:48 am

"He is due to face Dutchman and last year’s semifinalist Richard Veenstra first up"

He doesn't stand a fucking chance!!!! Unless he's planning bringing that hammer to lakeside to introduce it to Veenstra's fingers, he'd still find a way to lose.

Bookies in Veenstra's favour too, what a fucking tool he's going to look even more like

bullseye

Post by bullseye » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:07 am

Ross the Toss in confident mood......tool.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Can't get this to load properly... can anyone see what Durr is saying about the PDC? Possibly there is a podcast.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/bdo- ... t-12414078
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Rogg wrote:Can't get this to load properly... can anyone see what Durr is saying about the PDC? Possibly there is a podcast.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/bdo- ... t-12414078
BDO World Championships: Glen Durrant on Lakeside hopes, practising with van Gerwen and PDC speculation
Middlesbrough tungsten thrower and Lakeside favourite Glen Durrant recorded a special edition podcast with Gazette writers Adam Steel and Dominic Shaw

Will this be Glen Durrant's year?

The Boro tungsten thrower kicks off his BDO World Championship campaign on Saturday, heading for Lakeside as the number one seed and bookies' favourite.

And ahead of his appearance at Frimley Green, Durrant sat down with Gazette sport writers Adam Steel and Dominic Shaw to record a special edition podcast.

Duzza talks about how he started out in the game he loves, his dream of lifting the world trophy on the famous Lakeside stage and responds to the speculation about a potential move to the PDC.

And there's delightful anecdotes in there as well, including the daunting experience of a practice session with two-time PDC world champion Michael van Gerwen.

Durrant talks World hopes

Duzza kicks off the 2017 edition of the Worlds on Saturday when he plays Nick Kenny in the opening first round match, live on Channel 4 (1pm).

The BDO No 1 has won 11 tournaments over the course of the past year and reached the second round on his debut at the dual code Grand Slam of Darts.

That blistering run came on the back of a frustrating quarter-final defeat in Frimley Green to eventual champion Scott Waites last January, following an even nearer miss in 2015 when he lost a sudden death world semi-final to Martin Adams.

But Durrant says he currently has all of the ingredients in place for a winning world championship recipe, especially after enjoying a successful trial run at the Lakeside in November when he made it back-to-back World Masters title wins.

“I’m feeling on top of the world at the moment,” the 46-year-old said.

“I’m thinking I can win every tournament now, and I would be very disappointed if I came home without the world title.

BDO No 1 Glen Durrant would be 'most welcome' in the PDC
“On reflection, I just wasn’t ready to win the Martin Adams game at the Lakeside - I understood why I lost.

“Against Scott Waites last year, 4-2 up, 2-0 up and 140 ahead, I should not have lost that match.

“That will haunt me for the rest of my life, because last year I was ready to win Lakeside.

“But this season has turned out to be my best-ever, which I’m very proud of.

“I retained the World Masters at the Lakeside and had five of the top seven averages at the Finder Masters and averaged over 100 twice, and I didn’t feel like I was in top gear.

“The Lakeside is a different week to the other 51 in the year, but it’s not often I throw under a 90 average now.

“I’m consistenly around the mid-90s and if someone can beat that over three, five, seven sets that’s what they are going to have to do.

“Because I won’t be having a bad game at the Lakeside. The rest have got to go up there and try to beat me."

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:33 pm

bet he bottles it

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Ta Ginge, don't see any supposed comments on 'PDC specualtion' in there though.

I liked:
“The Lakeshite is a different week to the other 51 in the year, but it’s not often I throw under a 90 average now.

“I’m consistenly around the mid-90s and if someone can beat that over three, five, seven sets that’s what they are going to have to do.

“Because I won’t be having a bad game at the Lakeshite. The rest have got to go up there and try to beat me."
Is it 1995?
Last edited by Rogg on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Rogg wrote:Ta Ginge, don't see any supposed comments on 'PDC specualtion' in there though.

I liked:

"I’m consistenly around the mid-90s and if someone can beat that over three, five, seven sets that’s what they are going to have to do."

Is it 1995?
There is a podcast so perhaps its in there. Link on that page when you get to open it.

What was the PDC average in the quarter finals just gone? Says it all really.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:37 pm

Isn't 'Peterborough Today' the rag that's always doing pieces on Spineless? Article today by Alan Swann... "give me a ticket to the darts."
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... -1-7755846
2016 wasn’t a bad sporting year... Can 2017 top it? I doubt it, although the following would deliver good cheer to the Swann household at least.
---
14) I finally get to watch the PDC World Darts Championships live. It looks so much fun.
And an enormous pic of MVG winning the title with the caption 'I want to be there when mighty Michael van Gerwen next wins the World Darts Championship.' Lovely stuff.
not a girl