Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Justin Credible

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:44 pm

ESPN america is showing the World Champs already

Pieter

Post by Pieter » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:54 pm

Pieter Verbeek ‏@PVDarts180 3m3 minutes ago
In an interview with Dartn.de Mensur Suljovic said he changed his mind regarding a Premier League invitation. (1/2)

''If I get an invite to play in the Premier League, I'm 99% sure I will accept the invite''.

:D

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Pieter wrote:Pieter Verbeek ‏@PVDarts180 3m3 minutes ago
In an interview with Dartn.de Mensur Suljovic said he changed his mind regarding a Premier League invitation. (1/2)

''If I get an invite to play in the Premier League, I'm 99% sure I will accept the invite''.

:D
I'm 100% sure he'd stink the event out
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Justin Credible wrote:ESPN america is showing the World Champs already
They are only streaming it on the ESPN3 website.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:52 pm

ah ok.....skweezit said something about it on epsn and saw a pdc tweet saying something similar so just presumed it was a genuine tv channel

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Knowing the history of ESPN and how they do business. I wouldn't be surprised if Hearn is just about giving this shit away to them or at least got a package deal for them with the PL. ESPN is not in the best of shape right now, losing a steady stream of subscribers, viewers and ad revenues. It is the big sucking money pit of the Disney empire. They aren't going to take chances on anything right now, especially darts as they got burned a couple times with it.

I think this is the reason the WSOD in vegas is going to be on Fox. ESPN didn't want to pay squat for it.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:53 pm

A dejected Vincent, break out the tissues.

We Desire Information.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:45 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Philth winding down. Wonder if he'll play the UK Open floor qualifiers this year? If not, his next appearance at a ranking event might be the Matchplay and with gawd knows what seeding. Twould be sad somehow to see him tumbling down the rankings.
http://www.skysports.com/darts/news/122 ... his-career

"It's my last year so I don't want to put myself under too much pressure," he told Sky Sports News HQ.

"I don't worry about it now. I go up there nice and relaxed. If I win, I win. If I don't it's not the end of the world anymore.

"Competitive-wise, I think whatever I earn this year then that will go towards my ranking and if that qualifies me for the year after, 2018, then I'll play. If not then I'll bow out."

"In 2018 I'll still do the Premier League if I'm invited," he said. "It's an invitational and if Barry [Hearn] said 'if you want to do it, then you can do it'."
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Rogg wrote:Philth winding down. Wonder if he'll play the UK Open floor qualifiers this year? If not, his next appearance at a ranking event might be the Matchplay and with gawd knows what seeding. Twould be sad somehow to see him tumbling down the rankings.

"It's my last year so I don't want to put myself under too much pressure," he told Sky Sports News HQ.

"I don't worry about it now. I go up there nice and relaxed. If I win, I win. If I don't it's not the end of the world anymore.

"Competitive-wise, I think whatever I earn this year then that will go towards my ranking and if that qualifies me for the year after, 2018, then I'll play. If not then I'll bow out."

"In 2018 I'll still do the Premier League if I'm invited," he said. "It's an invitational and if Barry [Hearn] said 'if you want to do it, then you can do it'."

That was a good interview and I liked the way he came across, honest, sincere and realistic, as well as sober. If Phil handled himself this way in all his interviews I would like him alot more. I could forgive him for the scots. lasses incident...after all he was a celebrity and they are supposed to let you do that when your famous, according to the president elect of USA.
We Desire Information.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:42 pm

The arrival of mvg was much needed.
Had Taylor gone out on top, we'd be watching the world's thinking, he's only winning because Taylor ain't playing

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:52 pm

no one denies MVG is a class player, and darts can make the most of him.

for its 2 things
1. seeing one player completely dominate is sickening after spent the last previous 2 decades seeing taylor do it, and in no rush to do it again.
2. I dont like MVG. Seems like a total cunt on and off the oche.
How a kid can let himself get that fat and out of shape is a disgrace, add in his bad gamesmanship by coughing behind opponents back, his fistpumping and acting the prick.
His off the oche antics of fucking prostitutes, his overflated ego and arrogance, and how he we all know he as leader of the pdc clique went bitching to uncle barry to have klaasen removed from the world cup.

Hunchback cunt wont shake klaasens hand cos he dont like sexual degenerate...yet MVG the hypocrite cunt visits prostitutes and kissed the hole of taylor with a criminal record for sexual assault.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:54 pm

For all that, I like him.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:11 pm

cannibal wrote:
Rogg wrote:Philth winding down. Wonder if he'll play the UK Open floor qualifiers this year? If not, his next appearance at a ranking event might be the Matchplay and with gawd knows what seeding. Twould be sad somehow to see him tumbling down the rankings.

That was a good interview and I liked the way he came across, honest, sincere and realistic, as well as sober. If Phil handled himself this way in all his interviews I would like him alot more. I could forgive him for the scots. lasses incident...after all he was a celebrity and they are supposed to let you do that when your famous, according to the president elect of USA.
Very down to earth inntit. I think his preferred means of exit has always been the Alex Ferguson way of winning the big one then strutting off forever having conquered all cunts one last time.

He'd still love to do it that way I'm sure, but a slide down the rankings and fading out is now looking more likely, something I never thought he'd do. Happily it seems he will at least get to do a farewell tour on the Premier League circuit. That'll be nice, and more than a little emotional.
not a girl

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Is this Phil's annual retirement statement, or is that still to come?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Is this Rout's weekly retirement statement, or is that still to come?
Sure there's many more to come mate
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Is this Phil's annual retirement statement, or is that still to come?
Not sure really. I'm still expecting the "five more years" announcement of an announcement before the Premier League returns, the same one he's been making since 2008.
not a girl

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Or he could switch to the BDO. He could rape the field for 25 more years.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:23 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Or he could switch to the BDO. He could rape the field for 25 more years.
tony eccles had the same plan but the police put an end to his raping

Robert Ross

Post by Robert Ross » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:Or he could switch to the BDO. He could rape the field for 25 more years.
tony eccles had the same plan but the police put an end to his raping
Can't fault him for trying though.