Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by Rogg » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:22 pm

"Boom"

Michael Smith: "I don't think BDO should be in Grand Slam, why should they be in our tournament?"

not a girl

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:41 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:22 pm "Boom"

Michael Smith: "I don't think BDO should be in Grand Slam, why should they be in our tournament?"

Well said!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Matt Porter from 29:40. I mean, listen to it all if you like.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/skysports ... -podcast-1
not a girl

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:43 pm

dartsweekly wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:01 pm A bonus podcast as we were joined by Michael Smith and Peter Wright on the eve of the Champions League this weekend
Found Smith's "every tournament is just practice for the World's" comment very strange, as I do most times he tries to say anything of substance. That's not a mentality you would hear any top player in any sport have, real mental midget stuff.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

JH01

Post by JH01 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:13 am

I hope the bastard never wins a major, and with that approach, he never will.

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:52 am

Malanax wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 am https://dartsnews.com/smith-admits-hung ... e-at-home/

More smith comments
You can tell he was mentored by Gando.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 am

Malanax wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 am https://dartsnews.com/smith-admits-hung ... e-at-home/

More smith comments
He says "You spend all year working your arse off really to be in the Top 16 for the seeds" when he skipped half of them this year and was rubbish in the ones he went to. I've heard him say he can't get up for the floor events either so seems like he's happy with the money he's banked in the last year and thinks he's above slumming it now. He'll regret this attitude inside 18 months when his big money starts coming off his ranking cos he won't get gifted a run to the World's final every year.

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:37 am

https://dartsnews.com/price-wants-crack ... -like-that

And here is Price actually comparing him being booed to the racism from crowds in football :lol: , made your bed now lie in it.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:22 pm

The constant crowd abuse is getting very tedious., however complaining it to racist attacks is just plain stupid.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 pm Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/26/des-jack ... 95428/amp/
Zeyes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm Not to mention that he starts out only talking about making the org more professional "at our level", which is totally fine and nobody would find fault with, but then he goes on to say:
‘In about four weeks’ time, provided everything falls into place, the things we will be announcing will put us back to the status that we had.

‘There was a time that nobody wanted to know the PDC, it was only 20 years ago, and the BDO was everything.

‘I don’t want that to happen again, I want us to have an equal footing, I want it to be 50% BDO and 50% PDC.
How's this coming along?
not a girl

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:10 pm
Rogg wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:53 pm Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/26/des-jack ... 95428/amp/
Zeyes wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:13 pm Not to mention that he starts out only talking about making the org more professional "at our level", which is totally fine and nobody would find fault with, but then he goes on to say:
‘In about four weeks’ time, provided everything falls into place, the things we will be announcing will put us back to the status that we had.

‘There was a time that nobody wanted to know the PDC, it was only 20 years ago, and the BDO was everything.

‘I don’t want that to happen again, I want us to have an equal footing, I want it to be 50% BDO and 50% PDC.
How's this coming along?
Give him time, it takes a while to ''dot an I and cross a T'', and to drive home in a hissy fit from Essex

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Live Darts one of the better outlets for darting news. At least they ask decent questions maybe not as hard hitting as I would like but better than the rest.
https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20191021/
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

dartsweekly

Post by dartsweekly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:47 am

NEW PODCAST! The Weekly Dartscast Episode 129 with Paul Nicholson, Corrine Hammond, European Championship and World Masters Reviews, World Series Finals Preview and more

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:16 pm

Nicholson???
I'm out.

Cinnamon Bun

Post by Cinnamon Bun » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:34 pm

Randall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:16 pm Nicholson???
I'm out.
Can't stand the bugger
One of the many members of the "get Chris Mason off comentary" institution.

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Could not pay me to listen to that idiot Nicholson

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:07 pm

In goes the boot, possibly by a Canadian but who's concentrating? It's always a joy:
https://nnsl.com/nwtnewsnorth/congrats- ... -montreal/

And finally …

Good Idea: Finalizing the draw for the World Masters darts tournament.
Bad Idea: Finalizing the draw for the World Masters darts tournament with fake names.

There’s a reason why the British Darts Organization is looked upon as a joke by some these days and its latest stunt didn’t do anything to repair the reputation.

The BDO has hosted the World Masters tournament since 1974 and it’s the oldest major tournament still in operation. This year’s edition was held in Purfleet, England featuring players from around the world that qualified to be there. Including those who didn’t even exist.

It all began with all qualified players being forced to pay an entry fee to play. What tournament on the planet forces its participants to pay an entry fee for what they’ve qualified for? Ridiculous. Some of the international players didn’t pay the fee (because they weren’t told they had to) and weren’t in the original draw. Because of that, Des Jacklin, the BDO’s chairman, announced there would be a redraw of the players.

Jacklin took the blame. Alright, fine. Mistakes are going to happen but then the fake name business came in. The apparent reason why is because they could be replaced with real players if too many showed up. Anyway, the redraw occurred, which caused more confusion because no one knew what board they were playing on and there were no scorers at each board either, causing more confusion.

And imagine Keith Way of Yellowknife had the chance to play in this dosh but turned it down. He went to Romania instead for the World Cup, where at least organizers there had a clue.

It finally got sorted out and the tournament actually happened with a real winner in the end – John O’Shea of Ireland – but the BDO has been mercilessly mocked and harangued because of this. Can’t wait to see what its version of the world championship will look like. The Professional Darts Corporation, where anyone who has any sort of skill plays, will be dishing out more than $4 million in December. Who knows what the BDO will be handing out?

Until next time, folks …
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Has Glen had a stroke? A fine piece of work: https://asumetech.com/duzza-will-not-pa ... -of-death/
“You’re under no circumstances heading to get an uncomplicated attract in the Grand Slam in any case but that opening match in opposition to Michael is likely to be massive for me.

“Now that I know who I will be participating in, I’m itching to get back on the observe board tonight and start out making ready for my video games mentally.

“It is really a good opposition, I have beloved every single moment I have played in the Grand Slam and if I experience anything like the significant I acquired at the Entire world Matchplay then it will be an astounding emotion.

“In the PDC you working experience the big disappointment of shedding to Ricky Evans in the European Championship and by the time you happen to be on the plane household you have bought the Grand Slam to glance ahead to.

“I’m about the moon to be enjoying at the Grand Slam and I will be very pleased to signify the BDO as their environment champion for a single previous time.”
not a girl

Captain Hobo

Post by Captain Hobo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:46 pm

^^^
Seems like it was translated into another language then back to English.

Still makes more sense than anything Chizzy says.
"The United States will be the first nation to land an astronaut on Nars"