Darts articles in the Media thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Darts articles in the Media thread

Post by The Thorn » Thu May 02, 2019 4:14 pm

"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.
No you couldn't, you fat bastard. You couldn't even climb on a speedway bike let alone ride it.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport ... h-to-darts
"I could go ride in speedway with Nicolai Klindt or Chris Holder but that does not make me as good as them," said Mitchell.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"Only time will tell but I wish him luck and hope he does well.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
#dartsforall

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:11 pm Scott Mitchell on Rafael van der Vaart. I don't think I can achieve an opinion on this.

"It sounds very negative but in darts you need to be able to do it yourself – there is no other person to do it for you.

"I am sure he can do it because if he didn't feel he could perform and do something, I don't think he would enter.

"To compete in a world ranking tournament is not like going to your local pub, up the Dog and Duck, entering a tournament of four pints of beer for the winner.

"We are talking about an international ranked event and he must be able to play, otherwise he would not be going to Denmark."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Jobbo's pissed-up Prague video where?
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat May 04, 2019 12:28 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Jobbo's pissed-up Prague video where?
I feel that this does the job. This was the BBC's final Lakeside, I can't imagine why. Tbf the deranged farmer is probably right that you wouldn't do this in your local pub.

not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun May 05, 2019 11:59 am

thegentle wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 pm

#dartsforall
Rather revealing that he didn't go in his favoured direction of sucking up to sportspeople and instead decided to be a pompous arse about it all. The preposterous diva doesn't want them on his own patch, clearly.
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm

where to fucking start on this fat useless fuck Mitchell and his opinion. Have we gotten so soft on this forum that quality criticism of this fat fucking heifer humper gets away with such little slagging on his stupidity?

On the issue of it isn't like speedway. Of course it is not as in speedway you have to show some proficiency to be included on a team. It isn't like darts where you can plunk your quid down and be in the draw of any event sanctioned by the BDO (excluding 3 "majors"). The fact that any useless pub crawling scum who can throw a dart can show up and put his quid down proves they aren't "professional" events. They are events that so called "Pro" players compete in against hundreds of amateurs.

On the issue of VDVaart's ability proven because he entered; see the previous point any useless fuck can show up and plunk his quid down to enter. It has nothing to do with ability. International event, local event whatever it is; are actually pretty similiar. You have the dosh and desire to play you can. So the only thing that really distinguishes these events is how many matches you have to play and the regional variance in talent. I am sure that there are some local events in the dog and duck that are loaded with talent given where they are in the UK. Denmark lets be honest isn't a hot bed of darting talent. The only thing that makes it worth while is the fact that a bunch of second tier players show up on mass to participate because it offer some shitty BDO points that can be cashed into play in some "major" events no one knows where the fuck they are going to be played. Because every year or two it is a rat scatter to find a sponsor and a TV deal. And Mitchell and the retard journalist label this "professional"?

This is just more proof that mushrooms are absolutely deluded in their thinking of how important the BDO code is or what it actually is. In reality is is a massive piss up tour for anyone that wants to give it a go and puts their money down to enter. A glorified dog and duck comp, that just happens to have a few hundred more useless cunts that either are weekend warrior shit or BDO travel club mental midgets that don't have the balls to compete against the best in a true system for professionals and aspiring professionals. i.e. BDO is by ever definition an amateur circuit.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed May 08, 2019 8:30 pm

cannibal wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm where to fucking start on this fat useless fuck Mitchell and his opinion. Have we gotten so soft on this forum that quality criticism of this fat fucking heifer humper gets away with such little slagging on his stupidity?

On the issue of it isn't like speedway. Of course it is not as in speedway you have to show some proficiency to be included on a team. It isn't like darts where you can plunk your quid down and be in the draw of any event sanctioned by the BDO (excluding 3 "majors"). The fact that any useless pub crawling scum who can throw a dart can show up and put his quid down proves they aren't "professional" events. They are events that so called "Pro" players compete in against hundreds of amateurs.

On the issue of VDVaart's ability proven because he entered; see the previous point any useless fuck can show up and plunk his quid down to enter. It has nothing to do with ability. International event, local event whatever it is; are actually pretty similiar. You have the dosh and desire to play you can. So the only thing that really distinguishes these events is how many matches you have to play and the regional variance in talent. I am sure that there are some local events in the dog and duck that are loaded with talent given where they are in the UK. Denmark lets be honest isn't a hot bed of darting talent. The only thing that makes it worth while is the fact that a bunch of second tier players show up on mass to participate because it offer some shitty BDO points that can be cashed into play in some "major" events no one knows where the fuck they are going to be played. Because every year or two it is a rat scatter to find a sponsor and a TV deal. And Mitchell and the retard journalist label this "professional"?

This is just more proof that mushrooms are absolutely deluded in their thinking of how important the BDO code is or what it actually is. In reality is is a massive piss up tour for anyone that wants to give it a go and puts their money down to enter. A glorified dog and duck comp, that just happens to have a few hundred more useless cunts that either are weekend warrior shit or BDO travel club mental midgets that don't have the balls to compete against the best in a true system for professionals and aspiring professionals. i.e. BDO is by ever definition an amateur circuit.
Spot on

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm

It's a long one, by someone who appears to be an American.

Darts for Darts’ Sake
How a pub game became the second-biggest televised sport in England … and maybe soon America

https://www.theringer.com/sports/2019/5 ... orporation
At his office in Essex, Hearn surveyed the more than 100 countries where darts is now shown on one device or another. “This world’s changing too fucking fast for an old man like me,” he said.

“I doubt that,” I said politely.

“I doubt that, as well,” Hearn said. “I’m just saying it to hear you say it.”
not a girl

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm

They're all here!

Gidra

Post by Gidra » Thu May 30, 2019 1:34 pm

Rogg wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm It's a long one, by someone who appears to be an American.

Darts for Darts’ Sake
How a pub game became the second-biggest televised sport in England … and maybe soon America

https://www.theringer.com/sports/2019/5 ... orporation
At his office in Essex, Hearn surveyed the more than 100 countries where darts is now shown on one device or another. “This world’s changing too fucking fast for an old man like me,” he said.

“I doubt that,” I said politely.

“I doubt that, as well,” Hearn said. “I’m just saying it to hear you say it.”
Some insightful words from "spotter":
“How many are here—8,000?” said Keith Deller, the 1983 world champion. “Maybe 1,500 might be proper dart fans. The rest are just coming out for a night.”
“They’re just robots,” said Deller. “It’s all about money now. I bet if you asked the top 20 ‘Do you love darts?’ about 12 of them might say no. It’s just a job.”

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu May 30, 2019 5:58 pm

Deller sounds bitter to me!

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:41 pm

Deller is just repeating what many have been saying for years. I think most know that the PL crowd is mostly made up of casual fans.

Most of them will have never heard of Des Jacklin or Ross Montgomery. For that, they should be envied.
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu May 30, 2019 8:36 pm

I agree about the premier league is made up of casual fans, but 6,000 not sure about that figure. Half the top 20 not loving darts where does he get that from. As for robots I think Deller was the most boring champion of the 80's!

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu May 30, 2019 9:08 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:41 pm Deller is just repeating what many have been saying for years. I think most know that the PL crowd is mostly made up of casual fans.

Most of them will have never heard of Des Jacklin or Ross Mcnoloyalty. For that, they should be envied.
Or the bdo full stop.
Lucky bastards

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:17 pm

Randall wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:08 pm
sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:41 pm Deller is just repeating what many have been saying for years. I think most know that the PL crowd is mostly made up of casual fans.

Most of them will have never heard of Des Jacklin or Ross Mcnoloyalty. For that, they should be envied.
Or the bdo full stop.
Lucky bastards
Piss-taking aside, those who attend the Premier League probably know who Adams, Hankey, and O'Shea are. At a stretch Waites. They will know about Lakeside as well. That's about it.
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:26 am

On the issue of PL fans being proper enough or not. I don't care why they are there. They are there and generating money for the PDC. I'm sure more than a few on the lash become dart fans at least casually.

PL and WC are a spectacle that still attracts the non fan. How many years has this been going on? Certainly seems like a long trendy thing that is still growing. How many trends have you seen last this long and still grow? So when do we stop calling the crowds trendy and non fans? After 5 years? Or maybe 10.

Point is these crowds been coming for years and think they would have moved on to the next trendy thing by now. So maybe... just maybe there is something more than just the night on the lash that is bringing these crowds back. Like most consumer choices this one relies on multiple product characteristics to entice the consumer. Only the stupid uninitiated pundit understand the dart going crowd as making their decision on one factor or even two.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:53 am

Issue of top 20 just a job, they don't love darts... Maybe so, but I doubt it, I would say they more then likely love their other options less than darts that is one of the reasons they are doing what they do.

Ok Barney and Gando not loving darts, but they are on their way out. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nothing is fun when your not winning. The Taylor era like this era there isn't much space for others to win because Taylor hoovered up everything. MvG doing it the same way.

There never has been as much opportunity to make living in darts as there is now. Players can make their own decisions about which events to play. If your good enough you don't have to play the full tour. Barney wasn't, Philth was as is or was Gando.

Top 16 is where it is at. Top 10 pretty secure there and don't need to play every fucking thing, yet how many of them do? And Deller going to tell me they don't love the darts. I think they at a minimum are less adverse to it then Deller thinks.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:06 am

In conclusion, Deller is showing evidence of being a bitter cunt. He lost Fatpot, his golden goose. Who else is he managing and how much exbo work is he himself doing as a one off wunder kid from 1980 something?

Best place for Deller is crammed in that little box in the dark recess of the sky production truck parked in the back lot of some 10,000 seat arena, where no darts fans fake or not, has to deal with him. He sits in darkness like Gollum stroking his precious 138 co mumbling precious and we hates Lewises.
We Desire Information.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Cant think deller gets much exbo work.
Doesn't scream entertainment at you.
Dour

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 pm

I think Deller's exbo work will have dried up once Bristow died. The two did a lot of exbo work together.

Bristow was obviously the draw.