Current OoM

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
thegentle

Re: Current OoM

Post by thegentle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 am

There'll also be a sheepshagger in the top 10 again, Gerwyn Price will enter unless he loses in the semi and Clayton wins the event in which case it will be him

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 pm

...Top 6, indeed.

Burton DeWitt‏ @bsd987
Gerwyn Price up to #6 in the world, as Max Hopp becomes the first German to reach the PDC Order of Merit Top 32.

not a girl

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 am

Rogg wrote:...Top 6, indeed.

Burton DeWitt‏ @bsd987
Gerwyn Price up to #6 in the world, as Max Hopp becomes the first German to reach the PDC Order of Merit Top 32.

On a related note, poor Krzysztof Ratajski, all that good work to qualify for the Players, the Grand Slam and win his tour card, and he draws the form player on Planet Darts. Could be some game that

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:48 am

Not hard to guess who the whole darting world will be rooting for in that game. Let Ratajski take that so the moaners can be happy
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 am

The Thorn wrote:Not hard to guess who the whole darting world will be rooting for in that game. Let Ratajski take that so the moaners can be happy
Love watching Price play, but I really like Ratajski, so I'll have no qualms about baiting Price...Welsh cunt!

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:56 pm

Burton DeWitt‏ @bsd987
Danny Noppert moves up to #47 in the world with a run to his first PDC Ranking Premier semi-final.

not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:51 pm

One win for either Aspinall or Joyce will send KP to QS
Two wins for Rowby, Stevenson, Devon or Barnard will also do the trick

Safe to say that I will be cheering these guys on in the first round

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/Rankings ... ey=17&pg=2

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Nobody would miss painter

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:40 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:One win for either Aspinall or Joyce will send KP to QS

Two wins for Barnard would provisionally be enough for Cody Harris to win a card as well. Imagine if they get drawn against each other with Benito on the line for the winner, it could actually be considered beneficial for Harris to lose...

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:31 pm

thegentle wrote:

Two wins for Barnard would provisionally be enough for Cody Harris to win a card as well. Imagine if they get drawn against each other with Benito on the line for the winner, it could actually be considered beneficial for Harris to lose...
Barnard has a real chance to help Cody now..
1st round v de Sousa and second round v Wattimena, which on his current form is certainly possible

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:34 pm

tungsten tossers wrote:
thegentle wrote:

1st round v de Sousa and second round v Wattimena, which on his current form is certainly possible
Not that Barnard himself if popular, but I'm sure there'll be a lot of us on here who will wish him well now

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:38 pm

thegentle wrote:
tungsten tossers wrote:
thegentle wrote:

Not that Barnard himself if popular, but I'm sure there'll be a lot of us on here who will wish him well now
True, I do like Cody but would be happier if Cammie was in Cody's position.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Both Cody and Menzies should have a tour card. The system is a mess

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm

The system may have more or less been fit for purpose in he past, but with free entry, fucktons of good players who otherwise wouldn't bother, and the possibility that a floor warrior can have a good day, it is a real lottery. With more and more BDO lads moving over this year, now is the time to make some concrete change to it. Dunno if Barry is that bothered mind

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:59 pm

If the PDC has any sense they are reading here. We always have the best ideas

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Dobey has overtaken Pipe in the Main OoM. I'm up for some of that. Hopefully Dimitri next.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Has nayone seen or made a rolling projected ranking thingy? I'm a bit worried about Pipe (howling!) etc.

Surely Dimitri will crack the Top 32 if he beats Humphries.
not a girl

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Changes? For what purpose? The reasons for change listed either don't exist or have no bearing on competitive reasons for ranking things.

The only problem I see wirh the PDC oom is the tournament payout structure is very top heavy so you get a few winners or placers who stick around for a little longer than there sell by date. PRO TOUR oom nets in the more current hot hands.

As far as fuckton of good players. Not convinced of that think you have a fuckton of mediocre players who show flashes of brilliance. I.e they flatter to deceive. Still think the top 4 players maybe 6 or so, standard and result wise are far ahead of the pack. Granted the top right now is probably in a bit of transition as a few are slumping and may be rolling out and a new one or two coming in but this time of year always accentuates this.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Rogg wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:05 pm Has nayone seen or made a rolling projected ranking thingy? I'm a bit worried about Pipe (howling!) etc.

Surely Dimitri will crack the Top 32 if he beats Humphries.
Going into today. Dimitri potentially one win away from entering the top 32, though van de Pas may yet keep him out by beating Alcinas. The madness of the bottom half of the draw means that Masters places are well up for grabs, if Lewis wins today it's very possible, dare I say likely, that someone relatively out of the blue will jump Clayton.

Edit: Chisnall is locked into the top 16, everyone between him and Clayton would need a fairly big upset to be overtaken. Not ruling anything out though!
Last edited by thegentle on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:50 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:32 pm Changes? For what purpose? The reasons for change listed either don't exist or have no bearing on competitive reasons for ranking things.

The only problem I see wirh the PDC oom is the tournament payout structure is very top heavy so you get a few winners or placers who stick around for a little longer than there sell by date. PRO TOUR oom nets in the more current hot hands.

As far as fuckton of good players. Not convinced of that think you have a fuckton of mediocre players who show flashes of brilliance. I.e they flatter to deceive. Still think the top 4 players maybe 6 or so, standard and result wise are far ahead of the pack. Granted the top right now is probably in a bit of transition as a few are slumping and may be rolling out and a new one or two coming in but this time of year always accentuates this.
I was talking about Q-School, my main gripe is that we get too many guys who have a good day or two and do fuck all else, yet others who have been consistently good at a decent level just miss out. I think we're all in broad agreement with the issues regarding the OoM, there's an increased prize fund for the Matchplay and the UK Open, yet I still think it's not enough (certainly for the Matchplay anyway), and that's not even starting on the other big majors