Current OoM

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: Current OoM

Post by Randall » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 pm

PT13 wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
PT13 wrote:The ranking system will be increasingly distorted until 2020 anyway, with the World Championship winner's cheque reaching £500,000 by 2020. They should think of a points system instead of just basing it on prize money. Either that, or increase the prize money at the World Matchplay a lot more.
Or, here is a thought, players should do well in the worlds.
While half-assing the rest of the year?
Thats what the system now generates.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 pm

PT13 wrote:The ranking system will be increasingly distorted until 2020 anyway, with the World Championship winner's cheque reaching £500,000 by 2020. They should think of a points system instead of just basing it on prize money. Either that, or increase the prize money at the World Matchplay a lot more.
Indeed, they should distribute the prize money more evenly between the other major events.

As said here many times, the happenings now create a situation in which players don't give two fucks about anything other than Ally Pally. For that reason alone, I hope the likes of Lewis and RVB lose early because then they would be in deep shit.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:44 am

The solution is decreasing the distribution of the prize fund. It really is that simple. This would make it more valuable to show up at the et and the PC. Those you wouldn't have to change. The big gaps in the oom is a one of the reasons these lazy turds don't show up.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:54 am

Mabbsy wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:
Mabbsy wrote:Beppe not a fan of Loooooois and Wade there.

Fair play though :D
No Mabbsy.

I actually like Jackpot. Shame that he's lazy.

As regards Wade he is a good player but if during this year he has done fuck all I can't say the opposite, no?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more, totally wasting his talent on the ferries etc, needs to get on that Euro Tour next year and start taking it seriously again.
Same goes to Gary Anderson. The fact that he has lost number 2 to that clown has made me seeth a lot.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:00 am

Rogg wrote:Benito is one of 8 players to have reached the Last 16 of the Worlds in 2017, 2016 and 2015.

MVG, Wright, Anderson, Lewis, Taylor, Barney, Smith, Van de Pas

Great company there, but sadly he's the only one of them to have lost every time, an aggregate cunting of 2-12. That's who he is. He's also got 2 World Grand Prix quarter-finals on his current total, and lots of strong pro tour runs.
Is he Premier League material though?

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:01 am

PT13 wrote:
Kim Jong-Un wrote:
Or, here is a thought, players should do well in the worlds.
While half-assing the rest of the year?
+1

I feel that in certain events like the Euro Tour a quota should be introduced for top players to enter..... At least the Ranking would be more fair....

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:21 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Rogg wrote:Benito is one of 8 players to have reached the Last 16 of the Worlds in 2017, 2016 and 2015.

Great company there, but sadly he's the only one of them to have lost every time, an aggregate cunting of 2-12. That's who he is. He's also got 2 World Grand Prix quarter-finals on his current total, and lots of strong pro tour runs.

He has no consistency game to game in events.
He would be at the bottom of the PL after judgement night, almost guaranteed, and I like the guy.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:

Doubt it.
Might be in a couple of years but for me he's not a player who will ever be top 8 consistently
Probably will be in the PL at some point, can't see him doing any damage though.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:01 am

I agree with you.... VdP is a good player but not Premier League material....

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 am

Burton DeWitt@bsd987
Rob Cross finishes his debut season #3. Only Raymond van Barneveld has started from scratch and finished the year higher (#2).

not a girl

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:03 am

And when Phil Taylor's name is removed, everybody below him moves up a place.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 am

Fancy he will do better in the early majors next year, might not be far behind mvg with nothing to defend

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 am

Randall wrote:Fancy he will do better in the early majors next year, might not be far behind mvg with nothing to defend
At least they won't be in the same half of the draw as each other.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:09 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Randall wrote:Fancy he will do better in the early majors next year, might not be far behind mvg with nothing to defend
At least they won't be in the same half of the draw as each other.
cross will be past wright into second spot very shortly so its going to be final match ups.
not going to below number four in the rankings for two years based on this year alone unless gando wakes up for majors outside the worlds.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:12 am

Even if he was 3rd he will still be in the other half. Just hope he backs up 2018 with another decent year.

Wonder if it has finally sunk in for him yet?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:42 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Even if he was 3rd he will still be in the other half. Just hope he backs up 2018 with another decent year.

Wonder if it has finally sunk in for him yet?
Probably not, he seems machine like.
Be interesting to see where he is with no five years because at the moment he really does look like a young phil Taylor up there.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am

Not immediately, but by next January it's possible. Van Gerwen is defending over one million from his ridiculous 2016 season, and Cross is only about £30k behind him as per post-Worlds 2019.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Ted Evetts still sweating on Jenkins handing in his tour card!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Rogg wrote:Burton DeWitt@bsd987
Rob Cross finishes his debut season #3. Only Raymond van Barneveld has started from scratch and finished the year higher (#2).
True but I think Cross accomplishment is far greater than Barneys. Barney had years of experience and a couple paper championships in hand before switching., I.e proven talent.
Cross basically came from no where with little to no experience playing at the top end.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:53 pm

cannibal wrote:
Rogg wrote:Burton DeWitt@bsd987
True but I think Cross accomplishment is far greater than Barneys. Barney had years of experience and a couple paper championships in hand before switching., I.e proven talent.
Cross basically came from no where with little to no experience playing at the top end.
+ Barney is a depressing cunt