Current OoM

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Fiss Plaps

Re: Current OoM

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Barney unsurprisingly plummets to nearly out of the top 32: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/12/25/rank ... ampionship

Today's top 32 and pre-WC comparatives courtesy of Ochepedia:
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:47 pm

As one poster at TsoD has just said, now it will be very interesting to see what will happen when the World Cup of Darts is around now that Klaasen has overtook RvB in the standings.

What will MvG do given that he and Klaasen are not on speaking terms?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bojeru

Post by bojeru » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:50 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:47 pm As one poster at TsoD has just said, now it will be very interesting to see what will happen when the World Cup of Darts is around now that Klaasen has overtook RvB in the standings.

What will MvG do given that he and Klaasen are not on speaking terms?

This already happened when Klaasen made the semifinals at the Worlds 3 years ago. If I remember correctly, Barney replaced Jelle because of "personal reasons".

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Let's not forget that van de Pas could overtake Barney and solve the headache if he makes it to the quarter finals..

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:33 pm

If Barney doesn't play the tour there is a good chance that Wattimena overtakes him as well
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:32 pm

There you go....

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:02 pm

PDC vs MvG, who needs who more conundrum? How bad do the PDC need MvG to compete in the WCup? I don't think MvG needs the hassle of Jelle as he appears to still be pissed off at him, and I suggest rightly so. OTOH the bigger man forgives and moves on if the other party has made the moves of contrition. Honestly I don't know but whatever. But I think PDC needs MvG in the WCup more than MvG needs to be in it. Will be interesting to see who bends to whom; or whom bends to who, ffs Ginge whats the proper Queens English grammar here lol
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:06 pm

cannibal wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:02 pm PDC vs MvG, who needs who more conundrum? How bad do the PDC need MvG to compete in the WCup? I don't think MvG needs the hassle of Jelle as he appears to still be pissed off at him, and I suggest rightly so. OTOH the bigger man forgives and moves on if the other party has made the moves of contrition. Honestly I don't know but whatever. But I think PDC needs MvG in the WCup more than MvG needs to be in it. Will be interesting to see who bends to whom; or whom bends to who, ffs Ginge whats the proper Queens English grammar here lol
What caused the fallout between MvG and Klaasen?

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:09 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:06 pm
cannibal wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:02 pm PDC vs MvG, who needs who more conundrum? How bad do the PDC need MvG to compete in the WCup? I don't think MvG needs the hassle of Jelle as he appears to still be pissed off at him, and I suggest rightly so. OTOH the bigger man forgives and moves on if the other party has made the moves of contrition. Honestly I don't know but whatever. But I think PDC needs MvG in the WCup more than MvG needs to be in it. Will be interesting to see who bends to whom; or whom bends to who, ffs Ginge whats the proper Queens English grammar here lol
The under-aged girl that Klassen sent text messages to was related to MVG's missus. (I think)
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Spudface

Post by Spudface » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 pm

Think PDC will change the rules for the World Cup. Possibly defending Champions field the same team (providing both are still active) which could be a final goodbye for Barney the way he is going...or a Captain picks rule where the highest ranked player from each country picks their partner but I think that would be a mistake. World Cup definitely needs MVG more that other way round. Am I right in thinking the year Klaasen withdrew he was also a Premier League wildcard or was given one year following? Remember thinking they would let him in Premier League if he got injured for world cup or withdrew

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:03 pm

Spudface wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 pm Think PDC will change the rules for the World Cup. Possibly defending Champions field the same team (providing both are still active) which could be a final goodbye for Barney the way he is going...or a Captain picks rule where the highest ranked player from each country picks their partner but I think that would be a mistake. World Cup definitely needs MVG more that other way round. Am I right in thinking the year Klaasen withdrew he was also a Premier League wildcard or was given one year following? Remember thinking they would let him in Premier League if he got injured for world cup or withdrew
Klaasen "withdrew" from the World cup in 2016, and was in the PL 2017. Some others suggested that the World Cup snub played a part in his PL invite.

The rules don't mention anything about the qualification criteria, other than "32 pairs representing different nations selected at the discretion of the PDC". They always picked players based on the OoM though, apart from 2016. when both Wright and Klaasen withdrew from the WC, presumably due to the PDC pressuring them.

Honestly I think the PDC should tell MVG to fuck off if he objects to playing with Klaasen. I don't think the decrease in audience/revenue would be that great, just because a single player, even MVG. Let Klaasen play with Wattimena/Barney/Benito. It's not only important because Klaasen has earned his place in the event, but they need to show that no single player is bigger than the PDC itself. They shouldn't bend to a player like they did with MVG and Ando in 2016.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Updated Order of Merit at the Last 16 stage.

2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

Spudface

Post by Spudface » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Spudface wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 pm Think PDC will change the rules for the World Cup. Possibly defending Champions field the same team (providing both are still active) which could be a final goodbye for Barney the way he is going...or a Captain picks rule where the highest ranked player from each country picks their partner but I think that would be a mistake. World Cup definitely needs MVG more that other way round. Am I right in thinking the year Klaasen withdrew he was also a Premier League wildcard or was given one year following? Remember thinking they would let him in Premier League if he got injured for world cup or withdrew
Klaasen "withdrew" from the World cup in 2016, and was in the PL 2017. Some others suggested that the World Cup snub played a part in his PL invite.

The rules don't mention anything about the qualification criteria, other than "32 pairs representing different nations selected at the discretion of the PDC". They always picked players based on the OoM though, apart from 2016. when both Wright and Klaasen withdrew from the WC, presumably due to the PDC pressuring them.

Honestly I think the PDC should tell MVG to fuck off if he objects to playing with Klaasen. I don't think the decrease in audience/revenue would be that great, just because a single player, even MVG. Let Klaasen play with Wattimena/Barney/Benito. It's not only important because Klaasen has earned his place in the event, but they need to show that no single player is bigger than the PDC itself. They shouldn't bend to a player like they did with MVG and Ando in 2016.
Yeah I agree with you to be fair just not sure it will happen. The sadist in me has been dreaming of an MVG and Klaasen pairing for some time. Didn't even realise about Gando and Krusty, interesting. I've seen the wives having a bit of a do on Twitter but that's all I'd seen. I'd imagine if I was Scottish I'd rather see Hendo in the team, win or lose.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Spudface wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 pm
The Thorn wrote:

Yeah I agree with you to be fair just not sure it will happen. The sadist in me has been dreaming of an MVG and Klaasen pairing for some time. Didn't even realise about Gando and Krusty, interesting. I've seen the wives having a bit of a do on Twitter but that's all I'd seen. I'd imagine if I was Scottish I'd rather see Hendo in the team, win or lose.
I'd rather see Thornton lol

Yeah that twitter spat was the reason for Wright not playing in 2016. Though there were some pretty serious allegations about Gary fixing a game in the PL, so I can see what the fuss was about. Even a year later when they lost first round to Singapore, it was clear the two don't really like each other

PT13

Post by PT13 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:10 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:06 pm
Michael van Gerwen and Jelle Klaasen used to be best friends. From 2006-2012, it would be those two and van der Voort hanging around a lot and giving each other support. In 2012, Klaasen sent indecent pictures of himself to an underage girl in texts, and I believe that underage girl was the sister of van Gerwen's then girlfriend/now wife, Daphne. When van Gerwen and Klaasen have played each other since then, there is no handshake, no eye contact, nothing.

Spudface

Post by Spudface » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:10 am

The Thorn wrote:
Spudface wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 pm
The Thorn wrote:

I'd rather see Thornton lol

Yeah that twitter spat was the reason for Wright not playing in 2016. Though there were some pretty serious allegations about Gary fixing a game in the PL, so I can see what the fuss was about. Even a year later when they lost first round to Singapore, it was clear the two don't really like each other
Ah yeah, obviously lol. Have heard an allegation of Gando betting against himself I'd like to think it isn't true. What PT13 said is exactly what I've heard piecing together press releases and Tweets. Remember the West brothers coming across as the Krays of darts on Twitter when it was going on.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:24 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:33 pm Updated Order of Merit at the Last 16 stage.

Clayton likely to secure a Masters debut then, and fair play to him, he's been exceptional at times this year. Max Hopp might find himself outside the top 32 come the semi-finals if Brendan Dolan makes it, which is a bit strange but with very little money to come off next year you'd expect him to rise further. Plenty of up and comers just outside the top 32, it seems we say this every year, but hopefully they'll manage to push out some of the guys who have been clogging up the rankings for too long

Sensur Muljovic

Post by Sensur Muljovic » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:24 am

I still feel they should stop the 2 year oom. It keeps off form players high on the rankings for too long

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:29 am

Sensur Muljovic wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:24 am I still feel they should stop the 2 year oom. It keeps off form players high on the rankings for too long
I think they should keep the 2 year system, but weight the last 12 months double so to speak. That way players aren't hanging on as much thanks to one good showing, but it's not too much in favour of players who hit a purple patch

Spudface

Post by Spudface » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 pm

thegentle wrote:
Sensur Muljovic wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:24 am I still feel they should stop the 2 year oom. It keeps off form players high on the rankings for too long
I think they should keep the 2 year system, but weight the last 12 months double so to speak. That way players aren't hanging on as much thanks to one good showing, but it's not too much in favour of players who hit a purple patch
+1