Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Fiss Plaps

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by Fiss Plaps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:00 pm

Biaoeur wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:53 pm Apparently Fallon skips the Indigo to participate in the German Celebrity Darts World Cup this Saturday:

https://www.prosieben.de/tv/die-promi-d ... ock-107382
Alle Teams der "Promi-Darts-WM" im Überblick:

Fußballer Max "KK10" Kruse + Darts-Weltmeister 2020 Peter "Snakebite" Wright
Handballer Pascal "The Bull’s Eye Baller" Hens + Darts-Vize-Weltmeister 2020 Michael "Mighty Mike" van Gerwen
Fußball-Legende Luca "The Italian Top" Toni + Fallon "Queen of Palace" Sherrock
Moderator Daniel "The Early Bird" Boschmann + Phil "The Power" Taylor
Kommentator Frank "Darts Ninja" Buschmann + Max "Maximiser" Hopp
Influencerin Sarah "The Hurricane" Harrison + Gerwyn "The Iceman" Price
It'll have a bigger crowd than the Indigo, that's for certain.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:13 pm

:lol: :lol:

She's with Luca Toni, now that's a top team!
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:00 pm
Biaoeur wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:53 pm Apparently Fallon skips the Indigo to participate in the German Celebrity Darts World Cup this Saturday:

https://www.prosieben.de/tv/die-promi-d ... ock-107382
Alle Teams der "Promi-Darts-WM" im Überblick:

Fußballer Max "KK10" Kruse + Darts-Weltmeister 2020 Peter "Snakebite" Wright
Handballer Pascal "The Bull’s Eye Baller" Hens + Darts-Vize-Weltmeister 2020 Michael "Mighty Mike" van Gerwen
Fußball-Legende Luca "The Italian Top" Toni + Fallon "Queen of Palace" Sherrock
Moderator Daniel "The Early Bird" Boschmann + Phil "The Power" Taylor
Kommentator Frank "Darts Ninja" Buschmann + Max "Maximiser" Hopp
Influencerin Sarah "The Hurricane" Harrison + Gerwyn "The Iceman" Price
It'll have a bigger crowd than the Indigo, that's for certain.
Guaranteed to earn more

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Watching the BDO's since there's nothing else interesting on the telly. Saw Paul Nicholson giving comms, asked my mom if she knew who he was. Couldn't even guess he's a darts player.

Then I asked her: "What do you think his nickname is?"
So she said: "Nick the d***"
Can't stop laughing

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:02 am

vizIIsto wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:41 pm Watching the BDO's since there's nothing else interesting on the telly. Saw Paul Nicholson giving comms, asked my mom if she knew who he was. Couldn't even guess he's a darts player.

Can't stop laughing
:lol: :lol:

Pigpen

Post by Pigpen » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:13 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:41 pm Watching the BDO's since there's nothing else interesting on the telly. Saw Paul Nicholson giving comms, asked my mom if she knew who he was. Couldn't even guess he's a darts player.

Can't stop laughing
not so far from the truth - even the scorers call him that :D

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:05 pm

if you can handle the culture shock... yay decade.

not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Leighton Bennett talks with Live Darts after losing to Keane Barry

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:27 pm

tungsten tossers wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm Leighton Bennett talks with Live Darts after losing to Keane Barry

Oh dear, so Barry wasn't the better player then
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:30 pm

If he didnt act like a little cunt people wouldnt moan about him. Dont believe for a second one of the 2,355 people behind him hasen't pointed this out to him.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Lincolnshire.
They're all here!

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:47 pm

I'm getting a rather Nicholson-ish vibe from Bennett. Yeah, he sounds level-headed until you actually pay attention to what he's saying, not just how he's saying it. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a similar career, too, a couple of years of decent but not spectacular successes with an overblown stage persona and then his head goes.

Worst case scenario, he's another Arron Monk.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Zeyes wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:47 pm I'm getting a rather Nicholson-ish vibe from Bennett. Yeah, he sounds level-headed until you actually pay attention to what he's saying, not just how he's saying it. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with a similar career, too, a couple of years of decent but not spectacular successes with an overblown stage persona and then his head goes.

Worst case scenario, he's another Arron Monk.
Even that's far from a guarantee, Arron Monk was a solid tour player for a few years, whereas Bennett might be tired of darts this time next year

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:45 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:30 pm If he didnt act like a little cunt people wouldnt moan about him. Dont believe for a second one of the 2,355 people behind him hasen't pointed this out to him.
ok so act the cunt but be smart enough to realize your going to get blow back, and ignore social media. A proper cunt wouldn't give a fuck about what people are saying on social media. Pussy cunts care because they crave the attention.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:21 pm

cannibal wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:45 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:30 pm If he didnt act like a little cunt people wouldnt moan about him. Dont believe for a second one of the 2,355 people behind him hasen't pointed this out to him.
ok so act the cunt but be smart enough to realize your going to get blow back, and ignore social media. A proper cunt wouldn't give a fuck about what people are saying on social media. Pussy cunts care because they crave the attention.
Utterly this. Either be a shitbag or dont. Just dont whine like a prissy bitch when people point out you are a shitbag.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Biaoeur

Post by Biaoeur » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Last weekend in Russia, two WDF youth tournaments were played and the boys' ones both had 64 participants.

How likely is the chance that in the Sunday's tournament, the same 16 people crash out in the L32 that were knocked out in the L32 on Saturday as well? (Keep in mind that they all likely had to win a match before!)
This is what seems to have happened there.

A similar scenario happened at the girls' tournaments that had 72 participants. 15 of the 16 people out in the last 32 were exactly the same on the two days.

It sounds slightly odd to me, to be honest... you can check that under https://www.dartswdf.com/ranking_files/ ... etails.pdf and compare the results for "Izhevsk Open" and "Young Stars of Darts".

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:58 pm

I could barely imagine that as a possibility in case they played both tournaments with the same draw (not that I'd know why anyone would do that).

That being said, I've been skeptical for a while about the plethora of Russian WDF youth tournaments that have seemingly sprung up over the last few years with absolutely no equivalent adult tournament presence. Wouldn't shock me at all if that's not all on the up and up.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:29 pm

https://www.dartswdf.com/2020/01/13/wdf ... -for-2020/

WDF DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR 2020

The World Darts Federation would like to make our member countries and their players aware that we are currently revising our senior rankings criteria, so to launch a brand new system for 2020.

Discussions are ongoing between the WDF Executive, our nations and our commercial partners to ensure that our “2020 vision” of a viable global circuit for all players becomes a reality, with the addition of brand new WDF major tournaments within the next 12 months.

The WDF season runs from January to December and we will begin the calendar year with new tournament categories of GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE. We will also be introducing regional ranking tables for both men and women, to the benefit of all of our players worldwide. Full details will be announced in the coming days.

It is evident from the regular updates to our calendar with over 40 different countries already signed up for the 2020 season, that we have the full support of our members worldwide. This system is being developed by the WDF, on behalf of the nations that form the WDF.

All of the information that you require will be published as soon as it is available. We can reassure you that it would be beneficial to compete on the WDF circuit, with additional incentives soon to be announced.

Our first senior tournament of the year is the Las Vegas Open (January 17-19), followed by ranking events in Australia, Iceland and Canada. In mainland Europe, the season begins with two of our premier weekends, the Romanian Darts Festival (January 24-26) followed by the iconic Dutch Open Darts.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:06 pm

Still a day to go if you did want to buy the BDO. Top bid is currently an extremely competitive £5.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Dart ... 4049637303
not a girl

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:34 pm

I played a darts tournament in a hotel a few miles from my house back in the early 90s
My game started and it was played on one off these dart board stands, our marker was a big tall black fellow, dressed in all his BDO outfit off the time, think it was
a blue jumper ,white trousers. He was turning away and looking down, then put the score up, he was the Justin Shite of markers...no fekin wonder, i kid thee not , he was using a CALCULATOR !!, he could not count :lol: :lol: ....