Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Thorn

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by The Thorn » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Good win for Williams, now all he needs is to grow a pair. Would be a shame to let this momentum go to waste. Quite a decent list of winners recently, and most of them really capitalised on this win afterwards. Price, Clayton and even Searle last year.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Trueblue32

Post by Trueblue32 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:26 pm

The Thorn wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:37 pm Good win for Williams, now all he needs is to grow a pair. Would be a shame to let this momentum go to waste. Quite a decent list of winners recently, and most of them really capitalised on this win afterwards. Price, Clayton and even Searle last year.
Of the wastrels left behind, Jimbo is probably the one player in the top 16 I like watching throw more than the others.
Saying that, look at the other 15 :lol:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Trueblue32 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:26 pm
The Thorn wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:37 pm Good win for Williams, now all he needs is to grow a pair. Would be a shame to let this momentum go to waste. Quite a decent list of winners recently, and most of them really capitalised on this win afterwards. Price, Clayton and even Searle last year.
Of the wastrels left behind, Jimbo is probably the one player in the top 16 I like watching throw more than the others.

Must I?

Trueblue32

Post by Trueblue32 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:49 pm

Randall wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Must I?
Tune in on Friday
You know you will :D

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Trueblue32 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:49 pm
Randall wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Must I?
Tune in on Friday
You know you will :D
The pdc darts I can sell to the mrs as it's good tv.
The bdo shit is impossible to justify putting on.

Safc

Post by Safc » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:45 pm

I will be watching the Euro Tour will put the Catas on if it over laps the Euro Tour

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 pm

The JDC World Championship is now played for The Tommy Cox Trophy.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/08/30/jdc- ... honour-cox
not a girl

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:38 pm

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/09/05/worl ... lZgW4SsBUg

Hopefully this is not the "huge announcement" for North America that Hearn was talking about.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Was Peter cetera was in CHICAGO! LOL

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am

The PDC has spoken on the bounceouts

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/08/23/reje ... d-analysis

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:12 am

A more accurate assessment: Unicorn boards are shite.
They're all here!

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am

Wasn't this already published? Thought i saw it before on the PDC site.

Would not be surprised if next year we see a rule on points and knurling. Unicorn can't be too happy having their boards looking like a used bog roll.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:00 pm

Interesting to see that Whitlock is not on the list of highest rejection rate, considering he has been very vocal about it.
Surprised to see Price having the highest rejection fate of the top 10 too

mad jock

Post by mad jock » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Justin Shite :lol: :lol:

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Shitlock did what he had to do by making his own points. I would like to see them up close. Think it was nico who said that he has acertain technique to sharpening them. I have messed around with various patterns scuffing the points and I found alternating the strokes in circular around the point and then a stroke or two along the length works best....ok lets see what kind of response that last bit gets. Fire away
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Rocky on the Challenge Tour & ProTour: https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20190918/
The Portsmouth thrower picked up his first Challenge Tour title July and finds himself in joint fifth position on the Challenge Tour Order of Merit with just four events remaining. Jenkins, however, has criticised the compact scheduling of Challenge Tour weekends which sees four events held across two days, admitting that they are mentally and physically demanding.

He told Live Darts: "I find it very hard. Them boys on that Challenge Tour deserve a medal. I think it's wrong, I think the PDPA should do something about it. Two ProTours in one day, getting up early and mentally trying to play darts is totally wrong, no other sport does two in one day. The youth [Development Tour] do two as well so it must be hard for them. If the pros tried to do it, you'd see a few of them struggling. It's a long, long day, 13 hours and it's a very hard tour."
All well and good until this bit:
"For a few years I've always said that the ProTour should be number one seed versus number 128 because then the Challenge Tour players that come in to the ProTour would play the top seeds. You could have two Challenge Tour players playing in the first round and two ProTour players playing, that's wrong and it should never happen."
Maybe if you want to get thumped every match, Andy...
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:17 pm

IDK about the Challenge Tour bit. It's tough to play 2 events a day but it's also tough for a complete amateur to travel that distance to play 1 game a day. The vast majority of the CT players will never have a tour card, let alone be a full time pro.

A fullly seeded Pro Tour is complete insanity though.

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Fiss Plaps wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:00 pm Rocky on the Challenge Tour & ProTour: https://www.live-darts.com/category/dar ... -20190918/
The Portsmouth thrower picked up his first Challenge Tour title July and finds himself in joint fifth position on the Challenge Tour Order of Merit with just four events remaining. Jenkins, however, has criticised the compact scheduling of Challenge Tour weekends which sees four events held across two days, admitting that they are mentally and physically demanding.

He told Live Darts: "I find it very hard. Them boys on that Challenge Tour deserve a medal. I think it's wrong, I think the PDPA should do something about it. Two ProTours in one day, getting up early and mentally trying to play darts is totally wrong, no other sport does two in one day. The youth [Development Tour] do two as well so it must be hard for them. If the pros tried to do it, you'd see a few of them struggling. It's a long, long day, 13 hours and it's a very hard tour."
All well and good until this bit:
"For a few years I've always said that the ProTour should be number one seed versus number 128 because then the Challenge Tour players that come in to the ProTour would play the top seeds. You could have two Challenge Tour players playing in the first round and two ProTour players playing, that's wrong and it should never happen."
Maybe if you want to get thumped every match, Andy...
Well, the top 32 are seeded, that's good enough for me, would be a bit boring if everyone was seeded and we see the same games week in week out.

Don't see what else they can do for the Challenge Tour, it's semi-professional, how many can afford to have ten weekends away just playing the one event per day?

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:04 pm

thegentle wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:32 pm Well, the top 32 are seeded, that's good enough for me, would be a bit boring if everyone was seeded and we see the same games week in week out.

Don't see what else they can do for the Challenge Tour, it's semi-professional, how many can afford to have ten weekends away just playing the one event per day?
I've wanted to see the Challenge Tour & Development Tour have a top 32 seeding system as well. They could base the initial seeds for the CT off a combined UK/EU Q-School Order of Merit and the DT seeds off the previous year's DT Order of Merit.

I can understand why it wouldn't be desirable to introduce it though. However, both minor tours have produced some silly games in the first round of both where two guys who really shouldn't be playing each other at that stage end up doing so.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 pm

The Thorn wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:17 pm IDK about the Challenge Tour bit. It's tough to play 2 events a day but it's also tough for a complete amateur to travel that distance to play 1 game a day. The vast majority of the CT players will never have a tour card, let alone be a full time pro.

A fullly seeded Pro Tour is complete insanity though.
Its tough having 4 challenge tours in a weekend. But i'm in favour of more Challenge Tour Events and really they should be qualifier for each of the Pro tours.

So 30 Challenge Tours/30 Pro Tour events.
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan