Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Fiss Plaps

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Jesus!

2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:47 pm

M H wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:24 pm
PT13 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:31 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 am
PT13 wrote:
Randall wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Loads years back.
Gaz will be pleased
I bet a lot of darts fans did, and are far better for it. Bringing Basgooner to court for selling DVDs of sports matches for the fans is an absolute joke. These legal people who whinge about copyright infringement, while keeping everything locked away in a vault where the fans can't see any of it, are a big part of what's wrong with the current world. Darts fans (and football fans and snooker fans) are much worse off without Basgooner having DVDs of sports events to sell to the fans.
Are you actually crying?
No, just pissed off.
May I get this straight. Companies paying shitloads to broadcast and own the copyright are out of order in as much as they protect their investment and act against someone flogging knock offs?

In another scenario I assume you pay rent, mortgage or own your home? How would you feel if Basgooner broke in and decided to take up squatters rights?
I'm a darts fan. These copyright people are completely out of order because they keep matches throughout darts history hidden away from darts fans who want to see them, unless it's on or around broadcast date. Instead, they keep the matches locked up in a vault where nobody can see them. So for example, if I want to own on DVD the whole of the 2007 PDC World Championship, where do I go to own it? Are the PDC offering it? Are Sky offering it? If not, what the heck is wrong with Basgooner offering it?

If I were Sky and wanted to offer the matches to the fans myself, fair enough for warning Basgooner off or demanding a share of royalties from any of his sales, but if Sky have no intention of ever releasing the matches to the fans then I see nothing wrong with fans selling it at all. It can only increase the PDC's profile and darts' profile.

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm

MH stop making valid points for the evil corporations!

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:17 pm

StevieBoy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm MH stop making valid points for the evil corporations!
I don't even see how it's a valid point for them, when they have no intention of making those events available for the fans to watch and have basically decided to keep those events locked away in a vault where nobody can see them.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:33 pm

PT13 wrote:
StevieBoy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm MH stop making valid points for the evil corporations!
I don't even see how it's a valid point for them, when they have no intention of making those events available for the fans to watch and have basically decided to keep those events locked away in a vault where nobody can see them.
How dare they! Also how dare they keep the Mona Lisa behind glass when i want to touch it!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Without the big companies like sky there would be no events to want after.
Hardly a surprise they want to protect their investment.

PT13

Post by PT13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:55 pm

By locking darts events away from darts fans where the events can't be seen again? Makes no sense at all to me. That's no investment. It's just idling in a vault. It's not raising the profile of darts' brilliant history, nor is it costing them any money since they are not releasing them for the fans and have made zero indication that they plan to do so. The events should be made available to access and buy for the fans, especially when those events happened months or years ago, and are basically archival.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:19 am

PT13 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:55 pm By locking darts events away from darts fans where the events can't be seen again? Makes no sense at all to me. That's no investment. It's just idling in a vault. It's not raising the profile of darts' brilliant history, nor is it costing them any money since they are not releasing them for the fans and have made zero indication that they plan to do so. The events should be made available to access and buy for the fans, especially when those events happened months or years ago, and are basically archival.
The utopia you seek is wishful thinking.

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:20 pm

JeffJeffJeffJeff!!!! wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:53 pm Anyone ever buy any DVDs off of Basgooner?

https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/1755 ... -bt-sport/
Oh dear.

A person's extraordinary issues against a darts company can allegedly stop short of an unwillingness to make money out of their business.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Has our resident reaper has been accused of sending another soul to damnation yet?
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Rogg wrote:Has our resident reaper has been accused of sending another soul to damnation yet?
Yes ive been blamed for it elsewhere.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

PT13

Post by PT13 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:52 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:56 pm
Rogg wrote:Has our resident reaper has been accused of sending another soul to damnation yet?
Well, someone reported him. That person is no darts fan.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:55 pm

PT13 wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:56 pm
Well, someone reported him. That person is no darts fan.
He had a fucking website listing hundreds of events and promoted it on Twitter and Facebook. Hardly doing it under the radar was he? Hes a silly cunt.

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 pm

He probably should have gotten out of the business a while back. Barely anyone watches DVDs anymore. And companies are more inclined to go after copyright theft. So the rewards were probably dwarfed by the risks. At the very least he should have run the business through private email rather than social media.

If his Twitter page was public, then it's little wonder he got caught.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Aussie darts fans will be queuing for miles for tickets to see these two!

2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:48 pm

To be fair, Kev Painter does quite a decent exbo and is quite popular for exbos

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 am

Surprised no one brought up John Part crying like a bitch on facebook because he can't even win in the CDC anymore. Went out both days in the first round. He threw a 68.5 the first day.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:42 am

Part should get a mention for knob of the week for his sour grapes crying.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am

I don't think anyone really knows or cares about what Part is up to these days. The fat cunt is so entitled despite having done fuck all for quite a few years now.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

JH01

Post by JH01 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:00 am

Sadly, John's best days are well and truly behind him. He did ride his luck on his way to the UK Open QFs last year, don't think he made another last 8 the rest of the year. BTW, where is this crying video on facebook? Had a look, couldn't find it.