Random Dart Stuff

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
tungsten tossers

Re: Random Dart Stuff

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:11 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:05 pm Ever wanted to watch Kai Gottard v Thomas Khonlein in a best of 11? Now is your chance.
I got the beers in for this very occasion... :D

Safc

Post by Safc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:25 pm

Just get the Snooker on.

I've got safc match on tv and Ronnie on Laptop

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Safc wrote:Just get the Snooker on.

Ronnie not giving a shit today, that double was ridiculous just then
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Safc

Post by Safc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:31 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:29 pm
Safc wrote:Just get the Snooker on.

Ronnie not giving a shit today, that double was ridiculous just then
Didn't see the first frame but since then jesus Some absolute sitters that blue Joyce missed to middle was horrendous

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:33 pm

My century in every game bet @15s not going to get beyond day one
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Safc

Post by Safc » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:37 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:33 pm My century in every game bet @15s not going to get beyond day one Image
McGill v Walden dosen't jump out as free scoring match.

But for Ronnie or Bingtao or Gould to not get 1 would be a bit of a shock

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Gould has one but their game finishes tomorrow. Ronnie ruins it tonight.

Also have o7.5 50 breaks in every first round game @ 9s, so hopefully at least 2 frames this evening have a decent contribution.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:17 pm

Christ Rene Eidams is a completely different person now. Lost a whole Henderson in weight.

Caller is also mystified and almost called him Vincent :lol:
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:26 pm

Eidams goes 20 1 and 17 when on 76 :lol:

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Schindler plays Hempel in the German SL Final

https://tv.dartconnect.com/matchlist/pdceuhylopl21

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Was actually enjoyable, was a lot of pressure on every dart could tell it meant a lot to them, Schindler bottled 3 match darts for Hempel to break and then both missed more match darts in the decider and Schindler just sneaked the win

He is the German number 2 on recent form so fair enough that he’s in the Worlds even though he’s easily capable of getting there from the order of merit anyway

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 pm

I see that this is scheduled for the piss palace in May next year. Just to confirm that the place still exists.

http://www.lakesidesurrey.co.uk/showdet ... ts-2022-91

not a girl

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:37 am

Rogg wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 pm I see that this is scheduled for the piss palace in May next year. Just to confirm that the place still exists.

I like Webster but i'm not sure I see the selling point of him in that group. Must be a tag-on of an agent/manager of one of the others surely.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

Potter's Lake

Post by Potter's Lake » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 am

Works with one of them, won more at Lakeshite than a couple of others, plus he's TDF's darling commentator.

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:51 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:37 am
Rogg wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 pm I see that this is scheduled for the piss palace in May next year. Just to confirm that the place still exists.

I like Webster but i'm not sure I see the selling point of him in that group. Must be a tag-on of an agent/manager of one of the others surely.
Also beat both Taylor and RVB at the proper Worlds, which not many players can say they've done

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:32 pm

Just noticed that Dirk hails from a town with perhaps the strangest name ive ever heard of. 's-Gravenzande

Any of the Dutchies on here care to explain how a town with the first and third letters being an apostrophe and a hyphen came about?

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat May 01, 2021 4:02 pm

PDC & PDPA support social media boycott

The Professional Darts Corporation and Professional Darts Players' Association will support the social media boycott over the Bank Holiday weekend in a stand against online abuse and discrimination.

A range of sports, including football, rugby, cricket and tennis, as well as broadcasters including Sky Sports and talkSPORT, will not be posting across social media from 1500 BST on Friday April 30 until 2359 BST on Monday May 3.

The PDC and PDPA will be supporting the initiative, which is urging social media companies to take further action in preventing online abuse.

"We stand united with fellow sports, broadcasters and other partners in the fight against racism and abuse in any sport," said PDC Chief Executive Matthew Porter.

"The evolution of social media over the past decade has enabled a much broader interaction between sport and fans worldwide, but this has also given a platform for discrimination and abuse which has no place in society.

"We support the action urging for more to be done by social media companies to prevent online hate, as well as the UK Government's Online Safety Bill."

The PDPA launched an "ThinkDARTS" anti-abuse initiative in 2020 in support of members who have received online abuse.

"Many of our players will have received, and still receive, online abuse," said PDPA Chief Executive Alan Warriner-Little.

"In joining the much-publicised social media boycott this weekend, we stand alongside our players, the PDC and other sports and broadcasters in making this stance against the discriminatory abuse, while highlighting the importance of educating people in the ongoing fight against any discrimination.

"As a collective, all sports recognise the considerable reach and value of social media to our sport, its fans and the media. The connectivity and access, especially to supporters who are at the heart of sport, remains vital."

The PDPA's #ThinkDARTS initiative for players included the following guidance:
D - Don't engage or respond to abuse
A - Ask the PDPA for advice & support
R - Report abuse & integrity issues (& block culprits)
T - Take time out from social media if needed
S - Screenshot & send evidence to PDPA/DRA

Dfc180

Post by Dfc180 » Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:37 am

I'm not sure how a former world champ would fit into that group containing 2 other world champs either

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat May 01, 2021 7:23 pm

Emulsfier wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:32 pm Just noticed that Dirk hails from a town with perhaps the strangest name ive ever heard of. 's-Gravenzande

Any of the Dutchies on here care to explain how a town with the first and third letters being an apostrophe and a hyphen came about?
Bump in case anyone has an answer. Rather fascinated. It looks like Randall was attempting to spell Lucozade.
not a girl

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat May 01, 2021 7:41 pm

Rogg wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:23 pm
Emulsfier wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:32 pm Just noticed that Dirk hails from a town with perhaps the strangest name ive ever heard of. 's-Gravenzande

Bump in case anyone has an answer. Rather fascinated. It looks like Randall was attempting to spell Lucozade.
:lol: Or Randy is off to Gravesend...

I found this...

It’s archaic short form for “des”, which means “of the”. “Grave” is a form of “graaf”, Count.

The most well-known example is The Hague, the city which is called ‘s-Gravenhage (though nowadays, officially simply “Den Haag”, as in English). The Hague basically means “the hedge” (around a park or hunting grounds), which from the 15th century was the Count’s; therefore, “the Count’s Hague”, or “des Graven Hage”, or… ‘s-Gravenhage.

Likewise, ‘s-Gravesande would be “des Grave sande”, “the Count’s sands”, and in Dutch, we just add those words together to make a longer one: “the Count’s sands street” is therefore ‘s-Gravesandestraat.

It is very archaic though (not that many Counts around nowadays… I only know two)… and it wreaks havock on most navigation systems, where the ‘ isn’t expected to be the first character of a street or city name.