The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Tommo

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by Tommo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:38 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:27 pm Robert MacDougall (other board member) claiming on Fanatics that Des is in HOSPITAL :roll:
I hope it's nothing trivial.
They're all here!

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm

cannibal wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:07 pm
oche balboa wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:22 pm WDF plans will be a little different.
Will they? And how different? Let's be honest WDF is pretty inept itself. Im little less judgemental towards them but they haven't done much ever. Ok till smacking the BDO recently. But that was a no brainer given the violations and the WDF sport affiliations they had no choice I think and stay in orgs that have sporting integrity as their goals. I said that last part half heartedly in all honesty.

WDF is the logical choice to step in just not convinced they can pull it of succesfully. They have one or two shots to get it right. If not TV will be off the table for some time for the amateur side of the game.
As they have held talks with the PDC obviously Barry wants something from them and that's for them to grow AND stay in their lane as an amateur body in exchange for the PDC helping them logistically and financially so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Matt Porter minnion sent there to oversee things.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:53 pm

not a girl

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 pm

I like Wayne Warren but people are losing sight when talking about feeling sorry for him, it's irrelevant who won the tournament as far as prize money issues go. All players are in the same boat and Warren like the rest deserves no sympathy for being in this situation.

The players should probably have as a group boycotted until there was a definitive prizepool and guarantee of funds but they all danced along merrily with the attitude of "something is better than nothing" and having done so in my eyes have lost all right to cry afterwards and definitely lost any right to sympathy.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 pm

SuperSwede wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm As they have held talks with the PDC obviously Barry wants something from them and that's for them to grow AND stay in their lane as an amateur body in exchange for the PDC helping them logistically and financially so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Matt Porter minnion sent there to oversee things.
I think that your hoping for the best possible situation in a close relationship with the PDC actually overseeing things. That is a pipe dream. Not surprising as didn't you also believe PDC\Hearn influenced directly Fallons decision to bow out of the Indigo fiasco?

I think Hearn\PDC have expressed directly what their intentions are for the grassroots. Maybe your not listening very closely but it certainly isn't their intention to be directly involved in overseeing or even interfering. The position of the PDC is one more of "we hope that someone cultivates the grassroots, as we (PDC) benefit from that" Sure they may throw money at it, but it will be in small amounts and with the same attitude that sponsors throw money at the local youngsters team, in that it is just a charity throw away. You don't expect ROR on that you do it for just Charity.

Why does the PDC care about WDF even tho they have been an inept org; is the outreach they have to many countries. I would argue that the BDO Masters is far more important to the growth of darts than the BDO World Championship. A semi serious and progressing player in some far away land has more chance of getting to that and making something happen than they do getting to the BDO WC. This is why the WDF has to be looking at salvaging the Masters in some form. It is opportunity for more players and maybe, just maybe one of those hundreds is someone who can progress to the next level. It isn't about the UK, they have the ED, SCO, WDO, etc... to take care of plenty of events to happen on the grassroots level. Add to that those players have easier access to the PDC DT and PDC CT.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 pm

cannibal wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 pm
SuperSwede wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm As they have held talks with the PDC obviously Barry wants something from them and that's for them to grow AND stay in their lane as an amateur body in exchange for the PDC helping them logistically and financially so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Matt Porter minnion sent there to oversee things.
I think that your hoping for the best possible situation in a close relationship with the PDC actually overseeing things. That is a pipe dream. Not surprising as didn't you also believe PDC\Hearn influenced directly Fallons decision to bow out of the Indigo fiasco?

I think Hearn\PDC have expressed directly what their intentions are for the grassroots. Maybe your not listening very closely but it certainly isn't their intention to be directly involved in overseeing or even interfering. The position of the PDC is one more of "we hope that someone cultivates the grassroots, as we (PDC) benefit from that" Sure they may throw money at it, but it will be in small amounts and with the same attitude that sponsors throw money at the local youngsters team, in that it is just a charity throw away. You don't expect ROR on that you do it for just Charity.

Why does the PDC care about WDF even tho they have been an inept org; is the outreach they have to many countries. I would argue that the BDO Masters is far more important to the growth of darts than the BDO World Championship. A semi serious and progressing player in some far away land has more chance of getting to that and making something happen than they do getting to the BDO WC. This is why the WDF has to be looking at salvaging the Masters in some form. It is opportunity for more players and maybe, just maybe one of those hundreds is someone who can progress to the next level. It isn't about the UK, they have the ED, SCO, WDO, etc... to take care of plenty of events to happen on the grassroots level. Add to that those players have easier access to the PDC DT and PDC CT.
On Fallon I said they wouldn't let her go back to being seen as a BDO player, that they'd keep her busy and make it more than worth her while to basically abandon the BDO.

I don't think they are interested in being directly involved in grassroots and Hearn doesn't do anything that doesn't benefit himself and he's not shy of admitting that. I do think they would be interested in helping the WDF establish a base to work from and help them with some contacts because not only is it beneficial for the PDC to have a working system where people can enter darts at a local base it would also suit them to have a compliant little brother indebted to them and happy to toe the line of being the amateur side of the game and all bow down to the PDC type attitude.

Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 pm

Hey, I may have been gone for a while, but "it's the Masters that needs saving, not the 'world' championship" is my line! More seriously though - as I've been saying for a while, the Masters is how an amateur sport needs to organize its annual championship. Completely regionalized qualification to a sort of "champion of champions" final tournament, so that nobody has to trek around the world for 15+ competition weekends for "valuable ranking points" unless they actually want to.

For all I care the WDF can continue to have their World Cup on top of that, too, since that's primarily for countries rather than individual players. But something like the Indigo Championship is just completely obsolete for a sport tier that has no money.

oche balboa

Post by oche balboa » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Zeyes wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 pm Hey, I may have been gone for a while, but "it's the Masters that needs saving, not the 'world' championship" is my line! More seriously though - as I've been saying for a while, the Masters is how an amateur sport needs to organize its annual championship. Completely regionalized qualification to a sort of "champion of champions" final tournament, so that nobody has to trek around the world for 15+ competition weekends for "valuable ranking points" unless they actually want to.

For all I care the WDF can continue to have their World Cup on top of that, too, since that's primarily for countries rather than individual players. But something like the Indigo Championship is just completely obsolete for a sport tier that has no money.
WDF will have more involvement with the PDC. I think You will see the World Championship, World Masters, World Cup & Finder back under WDF hands
The Thorn wrote: ↑Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
Rather top myself than watch 1 minute of this shite

Thorn about Modus Super Series in 2021 - He now is an avid fan

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:04 am

Educationally subnormal.
They're all here!

ILAD

Post by ILAD » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 am

Tommo wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:04 am Image

Educationally subnormal.
That’s a joke surely?

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:12 am

What a car crash of a "statement" even if his intentions are correct.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:18 am

That's fucking embarrassing for everyone concerned. "Miss lead". "Hear by". Ffs, what a bunch of illiterate, thick mushroom cunts.

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 am

whereisman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:18 am That's fucking embarrassing for everyone concerned. "Miss lead". "Hear by". Ffs, what a bunch of illiterate, thick mushroom cunts.
Prize fund and "brake down" Ffs :lol:

a massive zebra

Post by a massive zebra » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:36 am

What a bunch of illiterate, moronic chavs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 am

tungsten tossers wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:30 am
whereisman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:18 am That's fucking embarrassing for everyone concerned. "Miss lead". "Hear by". Ffs, what a bunch of illiterate, thick mushroom cunts.
It's like reading a press release written by people who should be on the sunshine bus.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:45 am

whereisman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 am
It's like reading a press release written by people who should be on the sunshine bus.
Reminded me of that old image JC made.

whereisman

Post by whereisman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:19 am

Fiss Plaps wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:45 am
whereisman wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:41 am
Reminded me of that old image JC made.

Looks just about right apart from it looking far too green for the BDO to be anywhere near.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 am

Good god.

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:48 am

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Dart ... 4049637303

"Become the owner of a unique organisation where you can promise the players the world and not follow it up. Comes with a broken camera system, about 1.5 strobe lights, and tony greene gets thrown in for free. No pens or paper, just darts for windows (additional) cost.

Must hate the pdc, claim the players are competing in the best tournaments in the dart world and must use the phrase “home of darts” every televised event."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:28 am

Great effort