The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
The Ginge Reaper

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu May 07, 2020 10:17 am

I havent heard anything about refunds tbh
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

andy a

Post by andy a » Thu May 07, 2020 10:21 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:17 am I havent heard anything about refunds tbh
I suspect there will be a number of very pissed off individuals around the 20th of this month then!. Whilst I'm sure there would have been a way to keep the monies paid separate I bet they weren't and so all the people that paid will be unsecured creditors who will get little or nothing back.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu May 07, 2020 3:54 pm

The bottom line is once the loan to Enterprises is written off Limited is also insolvent. Limited being the owner of Enterprises will be last in the queue should there be a dividend.

EDIT: The limited accounts should have provided for the doubtful debt adjusting the Balance Sheet accordingly as the facts were known
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 am

Interesting on how things are a bit different here. Basically here in good ol 'merica companies just borrow more money to pay off debt. When you can't borrow anymore you file bankruptcy and start over. No one gives a shit about incompetent directors and preventing them from screwing up another company. In fact failed businessmen who cheat on their taxes go bankrupt a couple times are likely to become president of the USA
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Ginge Reaper

Uncle Des blames Covid-19 for liquidating the BDO

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Randall
Site Admin

Re: Uncle Des blames Covid-19 for liquidating the BDO

Post by Randall » Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Predictable.
The size of the brass balls on the cunt.

Tommy has been an unhappy camper for a decade.
Time to pack his tent away

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri May 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Tommy backed Des for the job in the fucking first place, my sympathy is limited.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri May 08, 2020 2:29 pm

That fact had escaped me.
Be blaming spanish flu, Ebola or the black death by the time it wraps up.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri May 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Same shit different day

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri May 08, 2020 2:33 pm

Des now named as a director on the parent company. As for Enterprises...

07 May 2020
Termination of appointmentof Justin Paul Speake as a secretary on 7 May 2020

Was only added 9 days previous

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri May 08, 2020 2:35 pm

As it appeared on tsod, very much a "My eyes!" BDO special.

Tommy and Des experiencing major meltdowns, threats and all the usual. Just another day then.

Seems the 'board' is blaming liquidation on the coronavirus... a suitably tasteless final act. Add plague to the wheel of blame, Gaz mate.

It was all going to be so beautiful. :roll:

………………

TT:

I suppose we all try and live our lives, with honesty dignity, and a sense respect for our fellow man, unfortunately nothing seems off the agenda to the BDO board as witnessed last night by the latest communication. It is really important that you read this carefully and do not miss any of this illuminating statement:

"Future of British Darts Organisation secured Commercial arm British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd files Notice of Intention to Appoint Liquidator The commercial arm of the British Darts Organisation - British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd – is set to file a Notice of Intention to appoint a liquidator in a move that will secure the future of grassroots membership darts in the UK. British Darts Organisation Enterprises Limited was founded on 30 May 1980 and has its registered office in Tonypandy, Wales. It has been the commercial arm of the sports membership body the BDO, since its formation. The Directors of the BDO have taken the difficult decision to liquidate the commercial arm as a result of the COVID crisis. British Darts Organisation Enterprises Ltd has faced increased cashflow pressure following the cancellation of a major event in Spain on the very day the country went into lockdown and due to social distancing, for the foreseeable future we are not able to run any of our other events. Given this the company faced a cashflow crisis which it could not trade out of. A BDO Director, stated: “The British Darts Organisation has a long and proud record of standing by and for its members. Today’s announcement does not change that in the least. Our focus is ensuring the longevity of the organisation and despite this setback and some tough decision making, we are committed to making the BDO a success for its members. British darts is safe.” “We are and will remain totally focused on our members and the Notice of Intention to appoint a liquidator does not change this.” A Creditors’ Voluntary Liquidation (CVL) is a formal insolvency procedure which involves the directors of an insolvent company voluntarily choosing to bring their business to an end. “The Directors will work closely with the Administrator to ensure creditor claims are addressed. However, our message to the membership is that our organisation is financially secure and that our commitment to British darts as a sport for everyone remains now and in the future,” concluded a BDO Director."

Whilst all the country in fact all the world is suffering the daily catastrophic consequences to this pandemic, as a society we are all dealing with family, loved ones and friends succumbing to this devastating situation, yet the BDO would have you believe that the reason the company has failed is because of this disease, it is an absolute outrage that they could even contemplate issuing such a communication, never mind trying to find justification is this fabrication of a document. I see the author or authors of this travesty , haven’t even got the common decency to sign their names to this, and I not surprised they should hang their heads in shame, they are lower than a snakes belly.
I don’t care what they choose to do to me, I don’t care about darts, and whether someone wants to play in this that or the other event, to stoop as low as this, says it all for me, about them and the people who support them, if they concur with the above as anything other than a disgrace, and seriously you want people like this to represent you. If this is where our sport has taken us, well you can have it for me, it isn’t me, it isn’t how I was brought up and it’s not how I have brought my children up, the end may justify the means to everyone on here but it doesn’t to me.

This is what has brought the company to administration.
Facts.
Who told the BDO Counties meeting that the BDO had a 10 year contract for the O2. ?

Who told the BDO Counties Meeting they had a 7 year contract with AEG (tickets)?

Who told the BDO Counties Meeting the O2 was a free venue?

Who changed the draw in the World Masters which ultimately led to the WDF withdrawing recognition from all BDO events.

Who reduced the player’s prize money on the day of the event for the World Masters?

Who told the BDO Meeting that no accounts would be presented as they were not looking good, but would be presented in January after the World Championships and judge us then (didn’t happen).
Who demanded players sign a contract for the World Championships, knowing they had not the funds to honour the contracts.?

Who didn’t pay the production company for transmission of the World Masters?

Who didn’t pay invoices for Sportotal since last June?

Who didn’t pay the prize funds in contracts to the players for the World Championships?

Who didn’t pay agreed invoice for 247TV at the World Championships?

Who promoted during the World Championships as a sponsor an illegal unregulated betting company, who dropped off the face of the earth during the event, and never paid any monies into the BDO?

Who allowed over an extended period of time “The good Name of the BDO” to be played out like a soap opera, on Network TV around the World, British and world tabloid press, and a laughing stock on social media?

Who took virtually all the money out of limited and told the accountant that it would be repaid in January (didn’t happen)?

Who threatened a county official with solicitors for asking for an EGM to ascertain the finances of the company in January?

Who has ultimately brought about the liquidation and decimation of all the assets of the company? This is easily identified by looking at company’s house and previous filed accounts.

Who resigned blaming everyone else other than themselves, along with a side swipe at all the County membership, only a few weeks ago, and still didn’t present a current financial report, (still outstanding to this day) before they resigned leaving Frank Branscombe on his own statement saying he had received little help from the outgoing Directors.?

Who was trying to railroad counties into committing to the future of the BDO by 15th May, when on their own admission they wouldn’t be able to inform the same county members the financial ramifications of their activities and the resulting consequences from their activities until 20th May.
(BDO Letter 6th May The only thing we can comment on at this point is, “an insolvency practitioner has been instructed to assist with getting the company (BDO-E) into Liquidation and we are hopeful that we will enter formal Liquidation on or around 20th May”)
Why was 15th May so important or in fact one county was given the deadline of 8th May?

For god’s sake have the decency to take responsibility for your actions, especially this absolutely diabolical attempt of shifting responsibility onto the unfortunate people in our society many of whom are our players and their families

This is my private posting, discipline me, sue me, send me the famous solicitors letters, I don’t care this is not acceptable at any level, and for those who find it is, then please don’t cross my path, or attempt to breath the same air as me, because you are not welcome in my space.
Tommy T

not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri May 08, 2020 2:41 pm

On ve day as well

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 pm

The administrator will do a quasi audit going back years and he's likely to find year on year of cash being wasted.

At one point there was over £800k in the bank and Pages Lane. Pages Lane was sold and the proceeds along with the reserves have been pissed up the wall. Delusional Des was by far the biggest disaster but there's a fair few past directors might have some awkward questions to answer

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Fri May 08, 2020 3:50 pm

I'm surprised they haven't blamed Tommy Cox and Sid Waddell.

Emulsfier

Post by Emulsfier » Fri May 08, 2020 4:16 pm

I dont tend to wish misery and misfortune on anyone, but I do hope the Selectas get what they deserve eventually.
Boring Brendas number one and (almost) only fan.

Smithys number one and (definitely not) only hater.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri May 08, 2020 4:16 pm

Am gonna merge this with the other thread

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Fri May 08, 2020 7:38 pm

M H wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:16 pm Am gonna merge this with the other thread
+1

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Fri May 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Lol i love it, the glorious meltdown of two morons.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Fri May 08, 2020 9:58 pm

Ross, Bob wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:38 pm
M H wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:16 pm Am gonna merge this with the other thread
+1
You appreciate an adequate piece of modding when you see one, Bob. I've always liked that about you.
not a girl

ChrisW

Post by ChrisW » Fri May 08, 2020 10:17 pm

M H wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:44 pm The administrator will do a quasi audit going back years and he's likely to find year on year of cash being wasted.

At one point there was over £800k in the bank and Pages Lane. Pages Lane was sold and the proceeds along with the reserves have been pissed up the wall. Delusional Des was by far the biggest disaster but there's a fair few past directors might have some awkward questions to answer
For a company worth less than 1M really?