The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
cannibal

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by cannibal » Tue May 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Seriously He is out of his element here. Running the local criminal construction racket, waiting tables, and grifting the local idiots in Turkey and Cyprus, does not prepare one to negotiate successful sponsorship deals for major tv markets. Does not even give one the qualifications to make sure the tea and biscuits are supplied to the meeting room.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed May 29, 2019 8:03 am

Apparently (and I havent seen this) Ross Montgomery has posted a link on BDO Fanatics confirming that the 2020 Worlds will still be at Lakeside.

So much for all these new venues then......
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed May 29, 2019 9:41 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:03 am Apparently (and I havent seen this) Ross Mcnoloyalty has posted a link on BDO Fanatics confirming that the 2020 Worlds will still be at Lakeshite.

So much for all these new venues then......
Never mind, stand down, this "link" was apparently just to the Mastercaller website which had a placeholder page for the 2020 event and is guessing at the venue, just like how its page for the WDT 2019 says Preston. Ross is a gullible sod.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Wed May 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Jim Williams crying about losing 129 ranking points because of shit organisation.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Well three of the events dont exist anymore, so what does he fucking want? :roll:

As for the WDT, then they should really have stayed on until the event was next held.

And moaning at the end about having to defend more points? He doesnt understand how rankings work, clearly. In any case he still gets to "defend" his WDT points before the Slam, they just come off for a few months first.

Safc

Post by Safc » Wed May 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Why didn't he just play challenger tour and and try to qualify for ally pally through that and tell the bdo to do one the fucking tool

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Wed May 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Haven't got much sympathy for Jim Williams, what does he expect from the BDO. Same shit different player.

Should of bit the bullet and done what Jamie Hughes did stuck with the challenge Tour.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed May 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Actually turns out the Belgian events are still on, just moved in the calendar, so of the 4 events he has had points removed for he still gets to defend 3 of them anyway before the Slam and Lakeside cut offs.

Moaning about fucking nothing!

StevieBoy

Post by StevieBoy » Wed May 29, 2019 3:10 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm Well three of the events dont exist anymore, so what does he fucking want? :roll:

As for the WDT, then they should really have stayed on until the event was next held.

And moaning at the end about having to defend more points? He doesnt understand how rankings work, clearly. In any case he still gets to "defend" his WDT points before the Slam, they just come off for a few months first.
No Des said he is increasing tournaments, prize money, sponsorship and bigger venues he has to believe him

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed May 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Safc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:50 pm Why didn't he just play challenger tour and and try to qualify for ally pally through that and tell the bdo to do one the fucking tool
:lol: +1

He does seem awfully confused all the time. Hopefully next time he's at Q-School he'll have achieved the astonishing and decided beforehand whether or not he wants to have a bloody tour card.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 pm

StevieBoy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:10 pm
The Ginge Reaper wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm Well three of the events dont exist anymore, so what does he fucking want? :roll:

No Des said he is increasing tournaments, prize money, sponsorship and bigger venues he has to believe him
Possible question marks over the Masters................
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed May 29, 2019 5:17 pm

Safc wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:50 pm Why didn't he just play challenger tour and and try to qualify for ally pally through that and tell the bdo to do one the fucking tool
He was also on the verge of a tour card if memory serves correctly. But performed terribly on the final days of Q School.

He should give Q School another go. It should be much easier to get a tour card next year. The likes of Duzza, McGeeney, Hughes, etc, obviously won't be attending. It'll be easier to put a run together.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 pm

M H wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Not again surely ? :lol:

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Thu May 30, 2019 3:05 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:17 pm
He was also on the verge of a tour card if memory serves correctly. But performed terribly on the final days of Q School.

He should give Q School another go. It should be much easier to get a tour card next year. The likes of Duzza, McGeeney, Hughes, etc, obviously won't be attending. It'll be easier to put a run together.
Yes, Q-School did rather neatly drain the BDO of its UK - to use favoured mushroom terminolgy - 'big guns.'

Williams seems the only remaining player even remotely comparable to Duzza n Yozza. Hinges, McKinstry, Hamilton and Newton will probably enter again next year. Reynolds... Kenny... don't know about Smith-Kneel. Blugh.

Jimbo had a strong first two days last time and was fully on course. When he did this on the final day I assumed he'd chucked it in on purpose:

(77.37) Colin Osborne 5-1 Jim Williams (73.65)

:shock:
not a girl

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Thu May 30, 2019 3:33 pm

An unnecessary reminder that colin osborne exists, there.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu May 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 pm
M H wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Not again surely ? :lol:
As far as I'm aware Winmau won't be associated with it this year
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Rogg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:05 pm Yes, Q-School did rather neatly drain the BDO of its UK - to use favoured mushroom terminolgy - 'big guns.'

Williams seems the only remaining player even remotely comparable to Duzza n Yozza. Hinges, McKinstry, Hamilton and Newton will probably enter again next year. Reynolds... Kenny... don't know about Smith-Kneel. Blugh.

Jimbo had a strong first two days last time and was fully on course. When he did this on the final day I assumed he'd chucked it in on purpose:

I can imagine that Waites might give it another go as well. I could actually see him, McKinstry and Williams sneaking a tour card next year. Newton and Hamilton are probably fucked at this stage. They will probably remain on the Challenge Tour and in the BDO.

Mitchell and Harms will be BDO lifers. I doubt either will ever attend Q School.
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:25 am I will debate with anybody on here without becoming indignant and self righteous. I certainly never get angry.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Thu May 30, 2019 8:28 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:34 pm
Rogg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 3:05 pm Yes, Q-School did rather neatly drain the BDO of its UK - to use favoured mushroom terminolgy - 'big guns.'

I can imagine that Waites might give it another go as well. I could actually see him, McKinstry and Williams sneaking a tour card next year. Newton and Hamilton are probably fucked at this stage. They will probably remain on the Challenge Tour and in the BDO.

Mitchell and Harms will be BDO lifers. I doubt either will ever attend Q School.

Good.
They're all here!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu May 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Looks like Preston Guild Hall has shut down this week.

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:54 pm

The future's bright...

Richard Veenstra is officially the new BDO - Official British Darts Organisation men’s world number one after the latest BDO rankings have been released ⭐️
They're all here!