The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Zeyes

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by Zeyes » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:47 pm

If the sponsors really exist that are supposedly enabling these TV coverage deals, are they currently the dumbest people involved in darts?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:33 am

Zeyes wrote:If the sponsors really exist that are supposedly enabling these TV coverage deals, are they currently the dumbest people involved in darts?
Dumber than the bdo players??

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 am

Randall wrote:
Zeyes wrote:If the sponsors really exist that are supposedly enabling these TV coverage deals, are they currently the dumbest people involved in darts?
Dumber than the bdo players??
An important suggestion. Who says you can't win a world class title in the BDO?
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 am

um

"Former world darts champion Ted Hankey declared bankrupt after failing to qualify for major tournaments"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... d-12840093
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:32 am

Aye the three grand for getting to Lakeside would have really kept the wolf from the door ffs, sounds like he was made bankrupt by HMRC so must have owed them fucking thouands.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:42 am

Self groping Fitton and any other players stupid enough to hope and wait for the BDO to change get what they deserve. I highly doubt sportotal had a plan that was going to save the BDO. Their plan was to extort money from the events in order to get the BDO sanctioning and keep the WDT running losing a pile of dosh big enough for a large headed club footed mushroom to hide in. Or how about that plan to get a bunch of opens on TV using production standards that even a grade school AV club world find embarrassing.

During this entire time there existed an alternative, all he had to do was go play in the PDC. Fitton and the rest of them are like the village idiot who who chooses to go into a burning building just waiting and hoping the fire will go out on its own. Durrant is the worse tho, he is actually the village idiot who pours gas on himself then enters the burning building hoping he doesn't get burned
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:52 am

Rogg wrote:um

"Former world darts champion Ted Hankey declared bankrupt after failing to qualify for major tournaments"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... d-12840093
Time for the begging bucket to go round again?
Glorious news.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Aye the three grand for getting to Lakeshite would have really kept the wolf from the door ffs, sounds like he was made bankrupt by HMRC so must have owed them fucking thouands.
Yes, tens of thousands over a number of years. What has to be recognised is HMRC will only bankrupt a person or firm if every other avenue has been exhausted. By that repayment schemes not adhered to, communications ignored over a long period of time.

It's not the big deal it was years back and he could be clear in a year but I still wouldn't want it
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Dear fucking God!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-hankey
Ted Hankey is one of the most beloved and down to earth gentlemen to have ever graced the Oche. He has entertained the darts community and for years, and has unfortunately fell on hard times while continuing to pursue his career.

This fundraiser is aimed at helping Ted get back to his feet, and back to the Oche. If darts fans out there can donate any amount at all for this legend of the game, it will go a long way. Ted is one of the biggest gentlemen of the game, and i'm sure would appreciate the help from his friends.

Thanks for reading!
I should also have mentioned that it cost HMRC to bring these proceedings against Hankey

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Father Rout wrote:Dear fucking God!

Ted Hankey is one of the most beloved and down to earth gentlemen to have ever graced the Oche. He has entertained the darts community and for years, and has unfortunately fell on hard times while continuing to pursue his career.

This fundraiser is aimed at helping Ted get back to his feet, and back to the Oche. If darts fans out there can donate any amount at all for this legend of the game, it will go a long way. Ted is one of the biggest gentlemen of the game, and i'm sure would appreciate the help from his friends.

Thanks for reading!
I should also have mentioned that it cost HMRC to bring these proceedings against Hankey
Deleted already.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:

Thanks for reading!
Deleted already.
But will live here as proof of utter delusion

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 am

Thanks for reading!
I don't know what to say. Something's badly wrong.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:36 am

Rogg wrote:

Thanks for reading!
As an aside, I see Hankey tried to sell the house listed on the court paperwork last year. Says "SOLD subject to contract" but given the address was still listed on the court papers he must have still owned it?

All the internal pictures show it was empty, so he clearly has another house or property either rented or bought. Trying to get rid of assets before HMRC come knocking?

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:14 am

Meanwhile, the wreckage from another angle...
Tommy Thompson
I wrote to the BDO last week asking questions
Due to the continued uncertainty within BDO darts which is now having a direct influence on England Darts negotiations for their events we would like the following to be clarified, on a yes/no answer.

1) Is there a definite venue and date for the 2018 Winmau World Masters.
2) Is there enough sponsorship in place for the Masters to at least breakeven.
3) Is there TV in place for the 2018 Winmau World Masters.
4) Have contracts been exchanged for the 2019 World Championships for
a) Venue
b) Prize Funds
c) Coverage by a major broadcaster
5) Can you confirm that there will be a 2019 World Championships.

All of the above will have a direct consequence for our International players, member Counties and for England, the renewal of our events that feature in the BDO Invitational table.

It is quite clear that the collapse of these events in any shape or form will have massive and immediate repercussions for all the countries, yet the silence and uncertainty continues, currently nobody can book arrangements either U.K based players or players potentially attending from abroad. This is a matter of immediate response.

I was told that there would be a board meeting after the Gold Cup and answers to my enquiries would be forthcoming.

No answers again.
not a girl

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:22 am

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker
23.6 million watched last night’s game on ITV. And that’s just in homes. Can’t imagine the real number. The country has got World Cup fever and it’s glorious. Come on England.

He's flipped but he hasn't yet seen the FreakSpurts figures for a proper pinnacle, it's near obscene.
not a girl

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:34 pm

Speaking of FreeSporrts, Only weeks after a slap on the wrist for not keeping recordings....

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... lletin.pdf (page 11)

...and a previous b*llocking in March for showing too many adverts...

...they now get another for showing too many adverts again :DDD:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... lletin.pdf (page 43)

Oh dear :D

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:43 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:Speaking of FreeSporrts, Only weeks after a slap on the wrist for not keeping recordings....

...and a previous b*llocking in March for showing too many adverts...

...they now get another for showing too many adverts again :DDD:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... lletin.pdf (page 43)

Oh dear :D
They appear to be doing business with a (carefully selected) broadcaster that's nearly as embarrassing as they are. Credit where it's due, that is some going.
not a girl

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:15 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Rogg wrote:

Thanks for reading!
As an aside, I see Hankey tried to sell the house listed on the court paperwork last year. Says "SOLD subject to contract" but given the address was still listed on the court papers he must have still owned it?

All the internal pictures show it was empty, so he clearly has another house or property either rented or bought. Trying to get rid of assets before HMRC come knocking?
Makes sense to be honest but if he has another "Home" the equity in this property will be lost to HMRC. That said I haven't read the papers so can't be entirely sure of the situation

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Champions Cup winners. From Yorkshire thank goodness. "Doggy Dawson is where I'm at now"

not a girl

Fiss Plaps

Post by Fiss Plaps » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:36 pm

The entire front row looks mentally disabled.

I also forgot that McGeeney possesses YAWKSHIRE GRIT. Also, hello John Boy.
2020 World Grand Prix Lucky Dip winner!
2x 2019 Q-School Lucky Dip winner!

Both as valuable as the Lakeside piss pot!