The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
sennafan24

Re: The BDO Appreciation Society - Sponsored by Zeyes

Post by sennafan24 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:44 pm

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.
Maybe he could have dragged Taylor down, we will never know.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Bunting doesn't like them either

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:45 pm

sennafan24 wrote:Image
Cheers, for some reason Tapatalk isnt letting me post images here but it does over the road.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:48 am

So a few things have happened recently and I think it's time to set the record straight, clearly there are going to be people that don't believe what they read and some won't want to believe it, i'm not too bothered either way because it's only important for my family and friends to know the truth.

I'm getting slated over this Wayne Warren Trophy and prize money situation, well the fact is that Wayne (along with every other player from the O2 Championships ) knew that they were playing for a total prize fund of 150k 8 days before the competition started, every player had the opportunity to pull out but only Fallon did, everyone else said they still wanted to play for the reduced money, it was either play for a reduced prizefund or cancel the entire thing, Wayne's actual words were "I don't play for the money, I play for the title" I do feel for Wayne and all the players as they all got less than in previous years but they all had an opportunity to not play.

The reason why the prize money was slashed was because I received an email telling me there were no sponsors on Xmas eve at 17.20, I had 2 days in which to sort something out, I got 3 Sponsors which helped the prize fund.

But the money issues goes back way further than that, when I took over the BDO Chairmanship in August 2018 the BDO was a going concern to the tune of about 600k but we owed out about 850k meaning I had to find 250k in about 18 months, I made cuts everywhere, the office, equipment, vehicle, staff payments, rent, wages etc,,, I made and saved about 150K of the 250k needed.

I told the Counties from the start that we was in a bad position but I was still the only one willing to stick my neck out FOR YOU, of course you all say "me me me or I I I " the fact is there was no one else prepared to put their head about the parapet for the dart players other than me FACT.

After being the Chairman a month the BDO Accountant told me " it's going to take a miracle to save this bussiness" in March 2020 he told me " I don't know how you managed to keep it going as long as you have, this business should have been dead last August"

I took on a dying business, nevertheless I still took it on and you all need someone to blame, I was warned this would happen, I was told "you'll see how they all turn on you" hey i'm a big boy, I tried my best but the fight against me was too strong.

In December 2019 I put together a plan to save the business YES I PUT IT TOGETHER, it was passed by the Bank, Accountant, a liquidation Company, the other Directors and even some of the Creditors, this plan was considered the best way and a great plan for the BDO to trade through the bad times, sadly it never came to fruition because I just wasn't prepared to take the public battering any more for doing something that I wasn't getting anything for except a HEADACHE.

I've read some right vile things said about me on here but here are the facts, I've never taken a penny from the BDO In fact I worked to keep the BDO Alive for almost a year longer than the experts said it should have lived. No one else has stepped forward to help without wanting something in return ( and that's a whole new story.

Cyprus Turkey Torremolinos is not paid for by the BDO??? It's paid for by 35 years of hard work from me and my wife, work most of you would NEVER BELIEVE we are capable of and it's quite frankly a total disgrace to even suggest I took a penny from the BDO, let me tell you if I needed the BDO money I'd be in a very sorry state, I will NEVER be investigated on any level for doing any wrong or underhanded for the simple reason there's nothing to find.

Although I firmly believe that the O2 was the best venue for our event I could not go back to the Lakeside as the previous BDO board had made it almost impossible, I could not take out product to a place where the owners were refusing to talk to me ???? Whilst i'm talking about the O2 it was that week I decided I was resigning from the BDO after receiving 21 death threats over the Xmas period, 3 of which on New Years just after midnight, it was then that I thought "it's just not worth it anymore".

As I said at the beginning some of you will believe and some won't and it's human nature to need to blame someone but ask yourselves this, do I really deserve the verbal battering from most of you that know absolutely nothing of what your talking about? Ok so I can be a bit brash and harsh when i'm defending my family and friends but cant we all?

There are a thousand other reasons, issues why the BDO failed but none are down to any wrong doing by me or any of the Directors that I appointed or were appointed at the time that I became Chairman and although some of you are going to find that disappointing it's the truth as is all that I've written above.

As I write this i'm getting messages saying that I've been reported to the police for covid19 travel violations ???? I picked up the Trophy from Pontypridd Police Station, I have been liaising with several Sargents from that station and the Police handlers, people will stop at nothing to try and get one on me?? Are people that stupid??? You know what it easier for it to just go over my head.

Oh btw, as stated earlier, it might not be liked by some but the BDO is very much alive!!

Des
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:03 am

So...He can be 'a bit brash and harsh' and is offended by threats made towards him and his family yet his own son dishes out threats on social media....Un fucking real

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:09 am

"There are a thousand other reasons, issues why the BDO failed "

"Oh btw, as stated earlier, it might not be liked by some but the BDO is very much alive!!"

About 3 sentences between these two quotes

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 am

There are a thousand other reasons, issues why the BDO failed but none are down to any wrong doing by me or any of the Directors that I appointed or were appointed at the time that I became Chairman
And this is why he'll never change.

He's incapable of owning up to his mistakes.
Randall wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:05 pm Dulla has never faced anything like Taylor in top gear.

daveboygreen

Post by daveboygreen » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:15 am

sennafan24 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:20 am
There are a thousand other reasons, issues why the BDO failed but none are down to any wrong doing by me or any of the Directors that I appointed or were appointed at the time that I became Chairman
And this is why he'll never change.

He's incapable of owning up to his mistakes.
Nice to see your a fan of mine sennafan24, You must really love that pic of me and Bristow from when I beat him

SuperSwede

Post by SuperSwede » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:50 am

I agree with Jacklin re the prizemoney and said as much at the time. The players had the chance to group together before the event started and not play. They started an event and claimed they were unaware of what the prizemoney was leaving themselves powerless if that is true or else they knew (roughly) what the pot was and made the decision it was better to play for it than make a stand and not play which would have meant zero. The moaning afterwards was and is pointless and typifies the attitude of them as a group throughout the years as total passengers sitting in the back seat along for the ride and happily going wherever they are led and then occasionally moaning that they don't like the destination but still buckling up once the engine started again.

On everything else he is of course, as usual, talking pure shite.
Michael "Bully Boy" Smith REIGNING Shanghai Darts Master

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:30 am

daveboygreen wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:03 am So...He can be 'a bit brash and harsh' and is offended by threats made towards him and his family yet his own son dishes out threats on social media....Un fucking real
Such a vile family.............

bullseye

Post by bullseye » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:52 am

tungsten tossers wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:30 am
daveboygreen wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:03 am So...He can be 'a bit brash and harsh' and is offended by threats made towards him and his family yet his own son dishes out threats on social media....Un fucking real
Such a vile family.............
+1

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:09 pm

I see MH has given a tenner to a man who won £23k in a week last year

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 pm

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:40 pm

Randall wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... rophy/amp/

More good press for des
Sadly, they will probably wallow in the attention they are getting

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:43 pm

To be fair
Legally he must be in right as the police enforced it but to brag about it when his name is already mud is baffling.

Jimmi

Post by Jimmi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 pm

Vile cunts.

The pair of them.
“I don’t want you lumbering me with some old bow-wow who don’t know the difference between a Liebfraumilk and a can of Tizer!“

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 pm

What's the pot actually worth, a few hundred quid, possibly a couple of thousand, who knows?
Its hardly going to raise enough money needed to restart the shitshow, why don't they just wave the white flag and let the WDF do what they are trying to do.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Mabbsy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 pm What's the pot actually worth, a few hundred quid, possibly a couple of thousand, who knows?
Its hardly going to raise enough money needed to restart the shitshow, why don't they just wave the white flag and let the WDF do what they are trying to do.
The attention apparently

Mabbsy

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Randall wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:21 pm
Mabbsy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 pm What's the pot actually worth, a few hundred quid, possibly a couple of thousand, who knows?
The attention apparently
Bless em, simpletons