Summer league with your average dart team

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Dicie

Summer league with your average dart team

Post by Dicie » Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 am

Signed this yr for the wicklow/wexford 5 a side league, lot of travelling involved in this, as teams spread a far apart as 85 miles (170 mile round trip) which is tough going on a weds night.

Only the 8 teams this yr, but entry fee is €500 per team, and a signing fee of €30 per player. I think this is what has kept alot of teams away. Weve got 9 players signed, you will get to hear about them all i hope thru out the season, we havent bothered signing big name players that can only make the final, thou we do have 7 county players on the panel, but then so do alot of the teams.

name of the team - The Britneys (Publican wud not stump up the entry fee, so we were not calling ourselves after his bar, thou we do have to play our home games somewhere, so are kinda fucked for a venue as yet) (weve approached 2 bars, we aint looking for anything but for the publican to put the 2 teams on a chicken in a basket type meal, or some such thing for the season) (7 home games)

Weve only 2 rules for the year, if you aint got you €10 a week subs paid, you aint playing, and if you lose a match with a 23 PD ave or less your dropped for the next game. I think this is fair enough, all the players were told this before they signed, and to be fair we are all working (even im back doing a bit lol)

Averages are kept for all games for the season, and the top 16 in the league then play off for the €30 per player reg fee, plus sponsorship off the hotel (€500) (winner is grntd €1,000) for hosting the final, there is also a doubles, each team has to enter at least 2 doubles into the comp at a cost of €40 per team (winners grntd €500), all money in is paid out for the doubles, plus €300 extra sponsorship from the hotel.

Team event
Winners €3000
R Up €1500

Top 4 in the league after the last game play off
All game best of 9 legs 501 all thru out the season

top of the averages gets €500
2nd gets €200

Highest checkout gets €200

least darts €100

and a 180s table, with top 3 in this playing off on stage on the finals night.

All these are paid out on the finals night last week in sept.

Should be a good season, and i hope to do weekly updates.

Lurgan

Re: Summer league with your average dart team

Post by Lurgan » Wed May 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Yous will finish last