BDO Rileys BICC Masters

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
M H
Site Admin

BDO Rileys BICC Masters

Post by M H » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Looks like the recent hassle between the Counties and Rileys has been resolved.
The BDO is launching the BICC/BDO Rileys Darts Masters Championships - a brand new and exciting event exclusive to all registered BDO county players (men and women).

With an entry fee of just £10 per player there is an available prize fund of £14,800, with the Men’s Champion receiving a cheque for £4,000 and the Women’s Champion receiving £1,500.

The BICC/BDO Rileys Masters Champions will also qualify for the Winmau World Masters and the International Play-offs for the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championships.

Only BICC registered County players who are eligible to play in these events will be allowed to play in the BICC/BDO Rileys Darts Masters.

There are 16 Men’s and Women’s regional venues to be announced – either County venues or Rileys Darts Zones – and the closing Date for entries will be Monday, August 1st, 2011. The 16 Men and Women players in the Regional play-offs will progress to the Great Britain Grand Finals on a date and in a venue to be advised.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

BDO Rileys BICC Masters

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue May 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Interesting how it says "all" can enter, yet the prize includes entry into the Masters and Lakeside qualifiers.

I smell a contraditcion!
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Re: BDO Rileys BICC Masters

Post by M H » Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 pm

I think it says who are eligable to enter these events which I'd assume to mean no PDPA players.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue May 17, 2011 1:57 pm

M H wrote:I think it says who are eligable to enter these events which I'd assume to mean no PDPA players.
Nope, it says "all" registered County players in the first line of the press release, which wont be true if that is the case.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue May 17, 2011 2:00 pm

And then goes on to say this.
Only BICC registered County players who are eligible to play in these events will be allowed to play in the BICC/BDO Rileys Darts Masters.
Clearly stating that anyone entering must me eligable to play in the Masters and Lakeside qualifiers. A contradiction to the opening line granted.

paulyboy

Post by paulyboy » Tue May 17, 2011 7:59 pm

MH the voice of reason , mind you the normal complaints of no dates etc and as it says event in sept and October a particulary busy tome in the calender , my idea would be to have 2 of the regional qualifiers at England classic and welsh classic ensuring good participation and still giving rileys 14 qualifiers for there clubs.

Lurgan

Post by Lurgan » Tue May 17, 2011 8:26 pm

More darts comps with decent money. Enjoy it I say

paulyboy

Post by paulyboy » Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 am

Mh H from rileys has answered a lot of queried on this event on BDO forums and TSOD is he a member on here? Does he know this site exists ?

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 am

paulyboy wrote:Mh H from rileys has answered a lot of queried on this event on BDO forums and TSOD is he a member on here? Does he know this site exists ?
Yes mate