2022 darting predictions thread

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Randall
Site Admin

Re: 2022 darting predictions thread

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:12 pm

Ross, Bob wrote:
PT13 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:31 pm Smith to win World Series of Darts, and we'll debate whether it's a major or not
No debate, it isn't.
Correct mate

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:31 pm

Randall wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:12 pm
Ross, Bob wrote:
PT13 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:31 pm Smith to win World Series of Darts, and we'll debate whether it's a major or not
No debate, it isn't.
Correct mate
I know it's correct mate, otherwise we would be having a debate.

Might I suggest you ban any cunt that begs to differ?

thegentle

Post by thegentle » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:32 pm

PT13 wrote:Barney's year will be similar to his 2021 most likely, meaning his ranking continues to go up with no money to defend. Likely to be in the top 32 by December. The 2023 World Championship is what he'll be focused on.
Dobey is in 32nd with over £150k, Barney is in 58th on £53.5k, considering Barney isn't currently in a Matchplay spot, he's gonna have to have a really good year to crack the top 32 (of course a decent run at the Worlds could go a long way)

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Malanax

Post by Malanax » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:35 pm

Smith to win 2 TV majors. (one of which will be one of the proper majors)

Ross Smith to win a tour event.

Durrant to retire by late summer.

viced92

Post by viced92 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Would be interesting to comb through these threads from the past few years and see how many "Smith wins a major" predictions occurred

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:38 pm

I've never predicted such a thing

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:45 pm

viced92 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:36 pm Would be interesting to comb through these threads from the past few years and see how many "Smith wins a major" predictions occurred
Depends. Is the Shanghai Masters a major?

cidermaster

Post by cidermaster » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:49 pm

One thing is for sure I will have money on Smith when he wins his first TV Major this year

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:56 pm

thegentle wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:32 pm
PT13 wrote:Barney's year will be similar to his 2021 most likely, meaning his ranking continues to go up with no money to defend. Likely to be in the top 32 by December. The 2023 World Championship is what he'll be focused on.
Dobey is in 32nd with over £150k, Barney is in 58th on £53.5k, considering Barney isn't currently in a Matchplay spot, he's gonna have to have a really good year to crack the top 32 (of course a decent run at the Worlds could go a long way)

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
Okay. Perhaps not until January 2023 does Barney get into the top 32 then.

shenmue

Post by shenmue » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm

Smith will not win a major

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:42 pm

MAJORS

- Wright will win a dire UK Open, the Grand Slam and at least 4 PC events

- Price wins the Matchplay but goes out early at the Grand Prix and Worlds

- MVG will have a bad year. Starting with a mediocre PL campaign, finishing between 5th and 8th, he goes out early at the Matchplay. Stabilises somewhat by finding form in an ITV event before finally losing first game at the Worlds. Scares from Barstow, Murray and Rene Eidams early doors finally catch up with him.

- Cross continues to find his old form, by winning a tv event and his first Euro Tour title

- Clayton sadly will decline in performance consistency but will rise in the rankings. A good run in the Matchplay and Worlds but struggles at his Grand Prix defence. Finishes mid table Premier League and has a very poor Euro Tour campaign.

- De Sousa will have a horrible year. His throw will break down leading to lurching and snatching. After his Grand Slam money gets struck off, he'll have another poor Worlds. Will be relegated from the PL.

- Smith finally gets over the line in an ITV tv event, maybe the PC Finals.

- Gurney, Van den Bergh and Humphries to reach ranking tv semi finals

- Wade to do nothing of major note. Several QF runs

- Anderson to do fuck all for 11 months, turn up at the Worlds and reach another semi final

- Barney to reach the final of a Euro Tour event, qualify for the Grand Prix and lose first round to someone like Danny Noppert. Will have another solid, if not spectacular year.

RANKINGS

- Top 8 in January 2023 to be Wright, Price, Smith, Clayton, MVG, Wade, Anderson and Cross in that order.

- De Sousa and Aspinall to fall out of the top 16. Searle to rise to 13th but have a poor year on tv. Ratajski will begin to decline.

- Humphries and Noppert to consolidate top 16 places. Gurney to rise back into the top 16.

- Dirk to have an awful year and fall to the late 20s. Bunting will fall massively also once his Worlds SF gets struck off.

- Suljovic to give up the ghost and fall massively. Whitlock, White and Petersen fall out of the 32 as well.

- Rydz, Smudger, Dobey, Huybrechts and O'Connor to be safely top 32

- Joyce will begin to decline and job on the floor, barely scraping into the Worlds.

- Barney will overtake Lewis but both will be in the 40s.

- Durrant will lose his tour card very narrowly but will improve admirably in the second half of 2022, qualifying for the PCF but not the Worlds.

- West, Miss Keegan, Hendo, Hopp and Jeff Smith will lose their cards. Beaton survives only barely.

- Schindler, Edhouse and Barry consolidate top 64 places but not Mitchell, who goes back to play WDF with Waites.

- Bradley Brooks and Rusty Jake to get top 64 in one year.

Q-SCHOOL

- Many of the 2021 tour card losers fail. Klaasen, Waites, Wilson, Webster, Edgar, Murray and Hamilton all flop.

- Tabern, Nick Kenny, Evetts and Sedlacek win their cards back

- The Year of the Dreaded Modus uprising with Shaun McDonald, Connor Scutt, Martin Thomas and Scott Marsh to win cards. Chas Barstow and Danny Lauby also win cards.

- Either Sherrock or Menzies will win a tour card but not both.

- Several jobbers return after absences, these include Colin Osborne, Vindaloo and Gary Stone. Newton, Kong and McDine will embarrass themselves.

- Rafferty will miss out on leg difference but win the Development Tour.

- Dick Veins, Tricole, Horvat and Kurz will find ways to fold yet again. European card winners will include Kevin Doets, Kist, Roid Wenig and Jose Justicia.

- At least two complete unknowns will be found, win cards and qualify for the Worlds comfortably.

Barney's chief slave. Also severely addicted to The Ferret.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:44 pm

MISCELLANEOUS

- Price will have a massive meltdown with the crowd at next year's Worlds. The heat of losing World no.1 and title defence will lead to him losing the plot and saying something retarded to particular people in the crowd, leading to fines and controversy.

- Wright will cry at least 4 times in tv. He'll continue to do bizarrely pissed interviews but will remain professional and well liked.

- Barney will create fresh controversy by announcing that his new girlfriend is pregnant. Consequently, his new child will be younger than his four grandchildren.

- Speaking of Barney, his fan club will grow exponentially due to an influx of new members. Unfortunately, the forum will crash for weeks one day later.

- Sherrock will be picked for the Premier League regardless of her Q-school result. The Hearns will be embroiled in a massive Twitter spat with rejected top 32 players.

- At some point in the year, Barry Hearn will call certain players "ungrateful" without naming anyone. It'll be aimed towards Van Gerwen, Van den Voort and Price who will moan like fuck when Sherrock gets picked for the PL.

- Wade will do something racist that HJ will ignore.

- Clayton will continue to plaster, giving Stuart Pyke commentary material for the next 12 months. He will call it "brave".

- Dan Dawson will emerge on tv as a presenter, maybe Sky. He will also balloon to Part proportions before settling as the new funny fatman.

- Jim Williams will become a new villain for the forum by whining about commitments and ducking out of events last minute. Phill Barrs will defend him but verbally castrate men like Zoran Lerchbacher.

- Barrs will become a cunt to unforeseen heights when he campaigns for a "Women's Premier League" on Sky.

- Malt will find new jobber heroes from the Q-school graduates, one of which the majority of the forum will grow to despise, especially TT.

- DBG won't play Q School, ILAD finds it hilarious, Greipel will defend him, leading to more comical exchanges between the trio.

- Someone will get a freak injury and miss the whole year on tour. My money's on Merv.

- The World Seniors is a moderate success and P Douglas Taylor will play well but not win it. I'm not sure who will but it won't be Ted Hankey.

- The less said about Ted's future the better.

- The WDF Lakeside will go ahead and the standard will be shockingly alright. However, absolutely nobody will go to it and many of the confirmed entrants may not play as they're in the PDC.

- John Rawling will have a revival in the 'Shit Commentator' table after a quiet few months. However, Unbearable Prick Smith will win the new title as worst commentator.

- Clayton will win the new Forum Favourite player much to my delight.

An ultimate jamboree of Lord Hobo-loving, Sexy Joyce worshipping, Smudger smearing, Goldfingering, Beautiful Biscuit bonanza.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:44 pm

Wright will win whichever events he puts his mind to

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:52 pm

Title defence on the ranking for Price just to clarify

PT13

Post by PT13 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:01 pm

As for the 2023 World Championship, I think Rob Cross might win it. He's slowly grinding his way back to consistency. Gerwyn Price will most likely, and unfortunately, have another meltdown at some point under the pressure of the number 1 ranking slipping away as DFR says, but before that I think Price will win the Masters, World Matchplay, and the Grand Slam for a fourth time in 2022, but Peter Wright will stay right on his tail and win a couple of majors of his own (Premier League and World Grand Prix, I reckon) going into the next World Championship.

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:26 pm

by DeepFriedRat » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 pm

MISCELLANEOUS

- Malt will find new jobber heroes from the Q-school graduates, one of which the majority of the forum will grow to despise, especially TT.

:lol: I'm thinking Ryan Furness, i've already had an argument on here with TT in the Modus Muck thread where i said he's quality and a future tour card holder

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:37 am

TheMalteseDart wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:26 pm by DeepFriedRat » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 pm MISCELLANEOUS - Malt will find new jobber heroes from the Q-school graduates, one of which the majority of the forum will grow to despise, especially TT. :lol: I'm thinking Ryan Furness, i've already had an argument on here with TT in the Modus Muck thread where i said he's quality and a future tour card holder
It's only banter you lover of all things jobber, lol, nothing worth having an argument over...............
Your Modus predictions for future tour card holders cheers me up............

TheMalteseDart

Post by TheMalteseDart » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:51 am

I know it’s all banter TT and I also know I’ll be proven right one day

DeepFriedRat

Post by DeepFriedRat » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:03 am

Oh don't worry I meant it was all banter 😂 it's all a joke, especially Modus

tungsten tossers

Post by tungsten tossers » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:16 am

DeepFriedRat wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:03 am Oh don't worry I meant it was all banter 😂 it's all a joke, especially Modus
Malt loves his Mouldus.....

It is his own personal version of Britain's Got Talent and Malt is Simon Cowell