2020 Players Championship/European Tour

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
DartJack Horseman
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 pm
Location: Eastern Block
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:54 pm

:D
playing darts since 2019, my ass! :P



Image

User avatar
DartJack Horseman
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 pm
Location: Eastern Block
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by DartJack Horseman » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Adam missed D12 for a niner in L64 of #5 against Bruliński.
Not that anyone cares after FIVE 9darters this weekend ;)

So...
#1 Pratnemer - Pisek 6-4 (Belgium)
#2 Koltsov - Steyer 6-1 (Sindelfingen)
#3 Ljubic - Pratnemer 6-1 (Levrkusen)
#4 Kanik - Koltsov 6-3 (Munich)
#5 Gawlas - Kanik 6-3 (Austria)

User avatar
SuperSwede
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by SuperSwede » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Emulsfier wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:21 pm
Well if these first two PCs are any indication, this year should be both pretty competitive, and filled with good stuff.

Now just stay at this level Asp, less of that stuff on thursday.
Standard is insane as is the depth and can only see it getting deeper. As (i think it was) Randall said yesterday, there are fewer and fewer "no interest in him" type players in the 128 every year.
Sole trifecta member of the Rob Cross, Ian White and Mervyn King fan clubs. Membership open pending application.

User avatar
SuperSwede
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by SuperSwede » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 pm

mad jock wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:50 pm
I think when Saturday winners get humped out in the first round on a Sunday, they are well and truly hungover from Saturday night swally..ie they just carry on drinking straight after the game..well thats my theory
Gary abstains these days doesn't he? Goes on coffee benders instead lol

Dan Dawson asked him after winning yesterday if he fancied another deep run tomorrow and Gary said "dunno, depends if Joanne has a roast on" so obviously she did :lol:
Sole trifecta member of the Rob Cross, Ian White and Mervyn King fan clubs. Membership open pending application.

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 7066
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: Watford
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by thegentle » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:02 pm

DartJack Horseman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:54 pm
:D
playing darts since 2019, my ass! :P



Image
Don't be salty that your guy lost, Mason! ;)
'Noel, you require 136'

User avatar
DartJack Horseman
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 pm
Location: Eastern Block
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by DartJack Horseman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:28 am

thegentle wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:02 pm
DartJack Horseman wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:54 pm
:D
playing darts since 2019, my ass! :P



Image
Don't be salty that your guy lost, Mason! ;)
:lol:

I've been playing darts since summer 2017 and still am 50-60 avg PRO so that's just jealousy, nothing to do with Kanik :D hahaha

User avatar
cannibal
Posts: 6411
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:41 am
Location: Tipping cows in fields Elysian
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by cannibal » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Impressed by Jeff. Always thought he was the one of maybe 3 players from North America who could go over and raise his standard by playing in the PCs regularly. I admit I soured on him over the last year or so. Hopefully this isn't a one off.
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

User avatar
mad jock
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:35 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by mad jock » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:07 pm

SuperSwede wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:23 pm
mad jock wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:50 pm
I think when Saturday winners get humped out in the first round on a Sunday, they are well and truly hungover from Saturday night swally..ie they just carry on drinking straight after the game..well thats my theory
Gary abstains these days doesn't he? Goes on coffee benders instead lol

Dan Dawson asked him after winning yesterday if he fancied another deep run tomorrow and Gary said "dunno, depends if Joanne has a roast on" so obviously she did :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

whereisman
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by whereisman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:20 pm

cannibal wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 pm
Impressed by Jeff. Always thought he was the one of maybe 3 players from North America who could go over and raise his standard by playing in the PCs regularly. I admit I soured on him over the last year or so. Hopefully this isn't a one off.
Already looks better than Murschell did, and this is only the first weekend.

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 10937
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by The Thorn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm

whereisman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:20 pm
cannibal wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 pm
Impressed by Jeff. Always thought he was the one of maybe 3 players from North America who could go over and raise his standard by playing in the PCs regularly. I admit I soured on him over the last year or so. Hopefully this isn't a one off.
Already looks better than Murschell did, and this is only the first weekend.
No idea what happened to Dawson, his second year was damn awful. Smith already won more in PC's than Murschell did in his first year if I'm correct.

As for Smith, I honestly didn't expect much from him but good to see it. Hopefully this will give him confidence and financial security for the year.

Dick
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by Dick » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:27 pm

Players Championship 5 & 6 entries here:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/02/13/play ... -confirmed

I make it 4 tour card holders missing the first one and 2 missing the second one.
Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock are the two missing PC5 but not PC6. Daniel Larsson is one of the two who is missing both but not worked out the other yet. Kyle is back in both.
Last edited by Dick on Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 10937
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by The Thorn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Players Championship 5 & 6 entries here:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/02/13/play ... -confirmed

I make it 4 tour card holders missing the first one and 2 missing the second one.
Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock are the two missing PC5 but not PC6. Daniel Larson is one of the two who is missing both but not worked out the other yet. Kyle is back in both.
Thornton and Whitlock have the same management or something so it's probably an exbo. Good to see Kando back.

User avatar
mattp
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by mattp » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Players Championship 5 & 6 entries here:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/02/13/play ... -confirmed

I make it 4 tour card holders missing the first one and 2 missing the second one.
Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock are the two missing PC5 but not PC6. Daniel Larsson is one of the two who is missing both but not worked out the other yet. Kyle is back in both.
Dobey

whereisman
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by whereisman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm
whereisman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:20 pm
cannibal wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:33 pm
Impressed by Jeff. Always thought he was the one of maybe 3 players from North America who could go over and raise his standard by playing in the PCs regularly. I admit I soured on him over the last year or so. Hopefully this isn't a one off.
Already looks better than Murschell did, and this is only the first weekend.
No idea what happened to Dawson, his second year was damn awful. Smith already won more in PC's than Murschell did in his first year if I'm correct.

As for Smith, I honestly didn't expect much from him but good to see it. Hopefully this will give him confidence and financial security for the year.
Murschell was always pretty crap anyway, but the tour can really break players who weren't quite there in the first place. You can see the same happening to that Aaron Beeney who just got his card. Smith always stood a bit more of a chance anyway, but it was a surprise to see him do so well on the first weekend.

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 7066
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: Watford
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by thegentle » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:00 pm

mattp wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Players Championship 5 & 6 entries here:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/02/13/play ... -confirmed

I make it 4 tour card holders missing the first one and 2 missing the second one.
Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock are the two missing PC5 but not PC6. Daniel Larsson is one of the two who is missing both but not worked out the other yet. Kyle is back in both.
Dobey
A bit surprising, as it stands, Dobey isn't even in the Matchplay. I'd definitely expect him to get back up there with the time left, though unless there's a good reason why he's skipping this weekend, if I were him, I'd just make sure I was safe before putting my feet up
'Noel, you require 136'

User avatar
Safc
Posts: 3561
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm
Location: North East
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by Safc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

thegentle wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:00 pm
mattp wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Players Championship 5 & 6 entries here:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/02/13/play ... -confirmed

I make it 4 tour card holders missing the first one and 2 missing the second one.
Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock are the two missing PC5 but not PC6. Daniel Larsson is one of the two who is missing both but not worked out the other yet. Kyle is back in both.
Dobey
A bit surprising, as it stands, Dobey isn't even in the Matchplay. I'd definitely expect him to get back up there with the time left, though unless there's a good reason why he's skipping this weekend, if I were him, I'd just make sure I was safe before putting my feet up
He surely ain't choosing to play the open in Sunderland it only has a 500 pound winner prize
Rod Studd is a Wanker pass it on

User avatar
SuperSwede
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: 2020 Players Championship Tour

Post by SuperSwede » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:27 pm
Players Championship 5 & 6 entries here:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2020/02/13/play ... -confirmed

I make it 4 tour card holders missing the first one and 2 missing the second one.
Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock are the two missing PC5 but not PC6. Daniel Larsson is one of the two who is missing both but not worked out the other yet. Kyle is back in both.
I had suspicions of Larsson being a bit of a part-timer, not good signs missing weekends this early.
Sole trifecta member of the Rob Cross, Ian White and Mervyn King fan clubs. Membership open pending application.

User avatar
The Dazzler
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:09 am
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by The Dazzler » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:08 am

When does the Tour Card Qualifier start today?

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 27179
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by Rogg » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:28 am

The Dazzler wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:08 am
When does the Tour Card Qualifier start today?
Noon.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

oche balboa
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:52 pm
Contact:

Re: 2020 European Tour

Post by oche balboa » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:29 am

110 entries for 24 spots

You only have to win 2 matches lol

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cinnamon Bun, Dart Claret, Dfc180, Emulsfier, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Malanax, Safc, skweezit, TheGoose, Tommo, tungsten tossers, viced92, Wolflanternbumbag and 40 guests