GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Chat and Gossip About Professional and Ever More Farcical BDO Darts
Post Reply
User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 10316
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by The Thorn » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Rogg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:08 pm
The Thorn wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Fuck the floor qualifiers. If you go to 4, there are still more deserving players to miss out. That argument might have been valid a few years ago but it holds zero water now. Every year the rank and file players get significant boosts.

In recent years we have the World Series finals with floor qualifiers. UK Open is now guaranteed to every card holder. There are significantly more PC events than there were years ago and also a few more European Tours. The prize money is constantly rising. The Players Championship Finals has been expanded to 64 players a few years ago. The European Championships criteria has also changed to favour top players less,. Remember, the top 16 in the rankings were guaranteed qualification up to a few years ago. And perhaps the biggest boost of all, Ally Pally has expanded to involve 96 players, at least 64 of which are main tour players. From the 24 extra players, 16 went to card holders that otherwise would have had a low chance to qualify.

That's why I'm arguing that the Grand Slam has to do away with the floor qualifier. It makes a complete joke of one of the biggest majors. It is definitely a top 5 PDC major, especially as it's ranked now. Give all the jobbers free spots in mickey mouse events but not the GSOD.
I just wanted to say that there's a fine post. Well done Thorn. The Grand Slam is frozen in 2015 or thereabouts.

I would add the abolition of entry fees to your list of radical improvements recently provided for the benefit of the most useless tour card holder. That was truly an historic game changer for all but especially for the underclass.
Also a good point. Probably there's a few more I forgot about as well.

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 5815
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: Watford
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by thegentle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:35 pm

M H wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:48 pm
Biaoeur wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 pm
I think the PDC might need to scrap the BDO places in the long term if they want to keep it as a ranking event. We wouldn't have that discussion about the qualifiers if there were 8 more places on offer and let's be honest, the top BDO players aren't much better than an average tourcardler anymore.
The top BDO players aint better than any tour card holder. They would lose as many as they win against the lower ranking PDC players
Generous to Michael Barnard
'Orns

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Rogg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 pm
sennafan24 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:15 pm
They should replace the floor qualifiers with 8 more BDO players.
Image
I would be fairer to the BDO players.

- 16 BDO players vs 16 PDC players

- Random draw

- Half the sessions played at Lakeshite

- Paula Jacklin on commentary
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by StevieBoy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:37 pm
Rogg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 pm
sennafan24 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:15 pm
They should replace the floor qualifiers with 8 more BDO players.
Image
I would be fairer to the BDO players.

- 16 BDO players vs 16 PDC players

- Random draw

- Half the sessions played at Lakeshite

- Paula Jacklin on commentary
Glad to see Des has finally signed up! lol

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by sennafan24 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 pm

StevieBoy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Glad to see Des has finally signed up! lol
Can I say no comment?
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts: 1776
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by Captain Hobo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 am

Rogg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:08 pm
The Thorn wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Fuck the floor qualifiers. If you go to 4, there are still more deserving players to miss out. That argument might have been valid a few years ago but it holds zero water now. Every year the rank and file players get significant boosts.

In recent years we have the World Series finals with floor qualifiers. UK Open is now guaranteed to every card holder. There are significantly more PC events than there were years ago and also a few more European Tours. The prize money is constantly rising. The Players Championship Finals has been expanded to 64 players a few years ago. The European Championships criteria has also changed to favour top players less,. Remember, the top 16 in the rankings were guaranteed qualification up to a few years ago. And perhaps the biggest boost of all, Ally Pally has expanded to involve 96 players, at least 64 of which are main tour players. From the 24 extra players, 16 went to card holders that otherwise would have had a low chance to qualify.

That's why I'm arguing that the Grand Slam has to do away with the floor qualifier. It makes a complete joke of one of the biggest majors. It is definitely a top 5 PDC major, especially as it's ranked now. Give all the jobbers free spots in mickey mouse events but not the GSOD.
I just wanted to say that there's a fine post. Well done Thorn. The Grand Slam is frozen in 2015 or thereabouts.

I would add the abolition of entry fees to your list of radical improvements recently provided for the benefit of the most useless tour card holder. That was truly an historic game changer for all but especially for the underclass.
I am not arguing in favour of the Floor Qualifier, just pointing out that while the Grand Slam is a Ranking event it will remain. Reducing the number is the only change that can happen.
Founding member of the Justin PlPE Appreciation Society.

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 4141
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by StevieBoy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:20 am

sennafan24 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 pm
StevieBoy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Glad to see Des has finally signed up! lol
Can I say no comment?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 24916
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by Rogg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Captain Hobo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 am
Rogg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:08 pm
The Thorn wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Fuck the floor qualifiers. If you go to 4, there are still more deserving players to miss out. That argument might have been valid a few years ago but it holds zero water now. Every year the rank and file players get significant boosts.

In recent years we have the World Series finals with floor qualifiers. UK Open is now guaranteed to every card holder. There are significantly more PC events than there were years ago and also a few more European Tours. The prize money is constantly rising. The Players Championship Finals has been expanded to 64 players a few years ago. The European Championships criteria has also changed to favour top players less,. Remember, the top 16 in the rankings were guaranteed qualification up to a few years ago. And perhaps the biggest boost of all, Ally Pally has expanded to involve 96 players, at least 64 of which are main tour players. From the 24 extra players, 16 went to card holders that otherwise would have had a low chance to qualify.

That's why I'm arguing that the Grand Slam has to do away with the floor qualifier. It makes a complete joke of one of the biggest majors. It is definitely a top 5 PDC major, especially as it's ranked now. Give all the jobbers free spots in mickey mouse events but not the GSOD.
I just wanted to say that there's a fine post. Well done Thorn. The Grand Slam is frozen in 2015 or thereabouts.

I would add the abolition of entry fees to your list of radical improvements recently provided for the benefit of the most useless tour card holder. That was truly an historic game changer for all but especially for the underclass.
I am not arguing in favour of the Floor Qualifier, just pointing out that while the Grand Slam is a Ranking event it will remain. Reducing the number is the only change that can happen.
Of course. Sorry, I didn't realise that anyone still bothered with reality :D
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
thegentle
Posts: 5815
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Location: Watford
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by thegentle » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:52 pm

Rogg wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 pm
Captain Hobo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:22 am
Rogg wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:08 pm
The Thorn wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Fuck the floor qualifiers. If you go to 4, there are still more deserving players to miss out. That argument might have been valid a few years ago but it holds zero water now. Every year the rank and file players get significant boosts.

In recent years we have the World Series finals with floor qualifiers. UK Open is now guaranteed to every card holder. There are significantly more PC events than there were years ago and also a few more European Tours. The prize money is constantly rising. The Players Championship Finals has been expanded to 64 players a few years ago. The European Championships criteria has also changed to favour top players less,. Remember, the top 16 in the rankings were guaranteed qualification up to a few years ago. And perhaps the biggest boost of all, Ally Pally has expanded to involve 96 players, at least 64 of which are main tour players. From the 24 extra players, 16 went to card holders that otherwise would have had a low chance to qualify.

That's why I'm arguing that the Grand Slam has to do away with the floor qualifier. It makes a complete joke of one of the biggest majors. It is definitely a top 5 PDC major, especially as it's ranked now. Give all the jobbers free spots in mickey mouse events but not the GSOD.
I just wanted to say that there's a fine post. Well done Thorn. The Grand Slam is frozen in 2015 or thereabouts.

I would add the abolition of entry fees to your list of radical improvements recently provided for the benefit of the most useless tour card holder. That was truly an historic game changer for all but especially for the underclass.
I am not arguing in favour of the Floor Qualifier, just pointing out that while the Grand Slam is a Ranking event it will remain. Reducing the number is the only change that can happen.
Of course. Sorry, I didn't realise that anyone still bothered with reality :D
If only more people listened to forum nerds, we'd definitely do a better job of everything
'Orns

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 pm

PDC - 1
BDO - 0
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 80276
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by Randall » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Gurney 5-0 veenstra
1-0
Image

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm

PDC - 2
BDO - 0
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 80276
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by Randall » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm

May as well mark up 3-0 now
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74557
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by M H » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Randall wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm
May as well mark up 3-0 now
Cross aint exactly pissing all over her
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
The Thorn
Posts: 10316
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:36 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by The Thorn » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:08 pm

M H wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:02 pm
Randall wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm
May as well mark up 3-0 now
Cross aint exactly pissing all over her
Disgusting comment, imagine the sight

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74557
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by M H » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm

The Thorn wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:08 pm
M H wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:02 pm
Randall wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:37 pm
May as well mark up 3-0 now
Cross aint exactly pissing all over her
Disgusting comment, imagine the sight
I always pick my words very carefully
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:11 pm

PDC - 3
BDO - 0
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts: 10833
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by sennafan24 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:46 pm

After the first session:

PDC - 3
BDO - 0

(4-0 if you count Duzza as a BDO player)
"nature v nuture , kid is surrounded by pricks you end up being one" Fandarts on Leighton Bennett

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74557
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by M H » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:46 pm
After the first session:

PDC - 3
BDO - 0

(4-0 if you count Duzza as a BDO player)
Which he is as he's one of the BDO eight
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 7441
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: GSOD 2019: PDC vs BDO Scorecard

Post by Tommo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Phil Taylor is the only difference between the codes.
They're all here!

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: Captain Hobo, Cooking with Sanchez, Google [Bot], ILAD, Randall, Stran, The Thorn and 30 guests