PDC Order of Merit

Chat and Gossip About Professional Darts and The More Farcical Successors To The BDO
Rogg

Re: PDC Order of Merit

Post by Rogg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 am

BeppeBergomi wrote:That would make a very interesting choice for the PDC to make come Premier League 2018 Decision time....
Speaking of next year's PL... at the moment it seems to be 8 core players plus 2 fairly obvious weak links, although no-one ever has a clue what Daaave will be up to, including him. A PL without Taylor should balance the field and seriously liven up the elimination thing.
not a girl

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 am

Rogg wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:That would make a very interesting choice for the PDC to make come Premier League 2018 Decision time....
Speaking of next year's PL... at the moment it seems to be 8 core players plus 2 fairly obvious weak links, although no-one ever has a clue what Daaave will be up to, including him. A PL without Taylor should balance the field and seriously liven up the elimination thing.
Depending on who will ''the two new boys'' eventually be....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:49 am

Lister of Smeg wrote:Beppe is a something not a someone.
Like yourself, an object.... Precisely a turd!!! ;)

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:05 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:

You may not realize this but you just called yourself a piece of shit, there :D

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:47 pm

Lister of Smeg wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:

Self defecating humor
We Do Not Desire Tributes.
We Desire Information.
We Seek The Worm Drink Who Has Lately Betrayed His Nation

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:53 pm

PL next year should be very interesting. With Taylor probably gone, they could possibly feature 4 new players, if Lewis gets dropped after falling way below the top 10.

Would be great to watch a PL featuring all of Gurney, Price, Whitlock and Mensur, for example. (I know some would be seething)

It's a brilliant tournament but maybe could do with a little bit of revamp, they will sell the tickets either way and that's what counts.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 pm

The Thorn wrote:It's a brilliant tournament but maybe could do with a little bit of revamp, they will sell the tickets either way and that's what counts.
I feel like some of the current players are just not motivated for the PL, Lewis being one of them. A break would help the one's who are struggling. The PDC needs to make sure that other guys are ready to step up after Taylor, and with MVG not having the potential to carry the PDC for a long time, the Pl would be the perfect place to get guys like Gurney the confidence they need to perform consistently well for a long time.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:51 pm

cannibal wrote:
Lister of Smeg wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:

Self defecating humor
Underrated post.

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:
The Thorn wrote:It's a brilliant tournament but maybe could do with a little bit of revamp, they will sell the tickets either way and that's what counts.
I feel like some of the current players are just not motivated for the PL, Lewis being one of them. A break would help the one's who are struggling. The PDC needs to make sure that other guys are ready to step up after Taylor, and with MVG not having the potential to carry the PDC for a long time, the Pl would be the perfect place to get guys like Gurney the confidence they need to perform consistently well for a long time.
We still have to see how the drama will unfold during the year.... Who knows? Maybe Slimfast wakes up and win a Major, (highly unlikely) :pointing: :pointing:

Jokes apart I'd like to see the likes of Mensur and Gurney making the Premier League....

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm

BeppeBergomi wrote:
Chizzyfan wrote:
We still have to see how the drama will unfold during the year.... Who knows? Maybe Slimfast wakes up and win a Major, (highly unlikely) :pointing: :pointing:

Jokes apart I'd like to see the likes of Mensur and Gurney making the Premier League....
There is always that possibility. Lewis does look more erratic than ever, though.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:40 pm

I cannot see lewis ever becoming even half the player he promised to be while he is with Dellar who is prostituting his lardy arse on tugboats

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 pm

When he dumped the useless old fucker in the past it didn't make him play any better. Bottom line is Lewis is a spent force.

Chizzyfan

Post by Chizzyfan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 pm

I am not sure he is even capable these days. He rarely hits big averages anymore and seems to be a regular last 32 and last 16 guy based on his results in majors towards the backend of last year. I thought he would be MVG's biggest challenge in more ways than one but that thought has passed.

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:I am not sure he is even capable these days. He rarely hits big averages anymore and seems to be a regular last 32 and last 16 guy based on his results in majors towards the backend of last year. I thought he would be MVG's biggest challenge in more ways than one but that thought has passed.

He needs to shape up or fuck off. Same goes for that jug eared simpleton that you spank your monkey over.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:54 pm

Lister of Smeg wrote:When he dumped the useless old fucker in the past it didn't make him play any better. Bottom line is Lewis is a spent force.

its not too late for him still.

Remember that he is still roughly the same age as Wade and that is still young in darts.

To put that into comparison

Lewis is only 32....he is 15 YEARS younger than Glen Durrant who has won nothing of note

15 years younger than Krusty who has only one career title of note and even then had to wait for MVG and Taylor etc to not enter.

5 years younger than Chizzy who has won nothing in his entire career.

13 years younger than Mensur who has won nothing in his career

13 years younger than Alan Norris who also won nothing.

15 years younger than Ian White who has won zero in his career.

24 years younger than Bottler O Shea who has won fuckall of note in a long depressing career

18 years younger than Barney who has not won a ranking major in well over a DECADE

There is plenty of time for lewis to put together a few years of top quality, but he needs to get rid of a load of weight and start with deller before hitting the gym, healthy body healthy mind etc

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 pm

If Taylor sticks to his retirement, then Lewis will be a shoe-in for next year's P.L - even if he plummets in the rankings. He'll get the Barney treatment. The PDC will want all the name value they can get. Lewis is not as popular as MVG, Gando and Barney - but he's just as well known in the UK.

I do think Taylor's departure will make the PDC try something a bit different elsewhere. Whether that be a slight change in the format/presentation, or creative wildcards.
oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

sennafan24 wrote:If Taylor sticks to his retirement, then Lewis will be a shoe-in for next year's P.L - even if he plummets in the rankings. He'll get the Barney treatment. The PDC will want all the name value they can get. Lewis is not as popular as MVG, Gando and Barney - but he's just as well known in the UK.

I do think Taylor's departure will make the PDC try something a bit different elsewhere. Whether that be a slight change in the format/presentation, or creative wildcards.
Would they possibly go back to 8 players? The expansion only added an additional week. It has been 5 years since they expanded and they are still selling out venues, so probably won't go back to 8. Personally I would rather see them go back to 8 players as seems your always getting 2 players at least that are way out of contention.
We Desire Information.

cannibal

Post by cannibal » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Chizzyfan wrote:
cannibal wrote:Thornton runs in cycles and he hasn't reached the bottom of the current piss poor run yet, and besides his purple patches don't last long enough to take in two majors.
Thornton is an interesting case. There is always the chance he will show up and win another t.v title. I think, though, that the days of him showing up and winning a week long major like the WGP is highly unlikely. If he ever does show up at another major and throw proper darts, he could take home another UK Open.
That 2012 UK Open Final that he decimated Taylor in was the most bizarre final I can recall. It was 3-3 till that crazy guy tried to get on the stage and Phil was never the same after that, more than a dozen darts missing doubles in 3 legs after that. Final score was 11-5 to Thornton. That means after the first break Thornton won 9 out of 11 legs. At one point Thornton took 7 straight legs off Philth.

Like all things that happened to Philth while playing they are extremely catastrophic...well in his eyes. He said about the guying diving on the stage; "He landed just behind my back. I was thinking, if he had hit me, he would have crippled me to be honest. Because it went bang, it threw me concentration..." Reminds me of the time King threw a dart over his head and how he cried how he could have been seriously injured and blah blah blah. His nickname shouldn't be the power it should be Precious.
We Desire Information.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:57 pm

shows how much confidence plays a factor.

Taylor is still doing 95 plus averages and he is fucked, even led games in the PL 3-0 and ended up losing games

BeppeBergomi

Post by BeppeBergomi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:51 am

cannibal wrote:
sennafan24 wrote:If Taylor sticks to his retirement, then Lewis will be a shoe-in for next year's P.L - even if he plummets in the rankings. He'll get the Barney treatment. The PDC will want all the name value they can get. Lewis is not as popular as MVG, Gando and Barney - but he's just as well known in the UK.

Would they possibly go back to 8 players? The expansion only added an additional week. It has been 5 years since they expanded and they are still selling out venues, so probably won't go back to 8. Personally I would rather see them go back to 8 players as seems your always getting 2 players at least that are way out of contention.
They won't go back to 8... But Taylor's retirement will for sure give some other players like for example Gurney, Hopp, Mensur, Price, van de Pas and if he moves to Britain and keep showing the talent that we are all thinking he has Corey Cadby the opportunity to mix it with the big guns in the Premier League...