DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Threads Worth Preserving
Post Reply

Will DBG attend Q School?

Yes
17
31%
No
15
27%
Fucks it gotta do with you?
23
42%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:
Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by sennafan24 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:24 pm

From the infamous 2007 interview with Dartoid:
Firstly Dartoid, I must say that although I have adopted the nickname Dave ‘Boy’ Green I am not the boxer. The nickname itself was given to me back in 2000 by several players who played within Oxfordshire after some banter between myself and other players. I have always had great belief in my ability and show a lot of aggression and am a very confident player – maybe I should have taken up boxing!!

It was a player named Jimmy Jukes who was the first of many players to call me Dave ‘Boy’ Green after an incident at the Super League finals night when he handed my pairs partner an envelope inviting him to play in a grand prix tournament. On asking my pairs partner what it was for I was quickly told by Jimmy that it didn’t matter to me as I was not good enough to play in it. Of course me being me, I had to have my say and quickly told Jimmy exactly how good I was in a manner of speaking!!

The following day was the play offs for the Friday Night League Singles in Oxford. With four venues and only one winner advancing from each I took the opportunity to back up my words from the night before and won through to the semi finals without losing a single leg of darts on the night. The following Tuesday I had a league match and soon spotted Jimmy at the bar of the venue I was playing at. On ordering a drink I heard him as he was reading the paperwork for the Friday Night Singles finals night say, “Who’s this Dave Green cunt?”

Straight away I pulled him on this and offered to play him for 200 pounds there and then. He managed to get an offer of a loan for the money but unfortunately the game was halted before the start and I was handed a warning for gambling on the premises.

This then brought us to Friday night again, the 11th August 2000, playing for the Cricketer’s Arms in Cowley Oxford, one to nil up in my singles match. Jimmy enters the pub, asking me if he could have a word with me I promptly told him to wait until I had won my game. After doing so he handed me an envelope with Dave ‘Boy’ Green wrote on the front of it. On opening it I was stunned to see an invite to Jimmy’s Grand Prix tournament, so shocked so that I tore it in two and threw it at his feet.

A week later was the Friday night league finals night which I played my semi final and won 2-0. Then lo and behold I had to play Jimmy in the final. If I am 100% honest and if those who saw the game are as well, I will say that I destroyed Jimmy and never gave him a dart at a winning double in any leg. It was a great night for me winning a tournament from start to finish without dropping a leg throughout but I have to say that without the anger and determination to get one over on Jimmy I would not have won as convincingly and without the bad blood between the two of us I wouldn’t have the nickname Dave ‘Boy’ Green.

http://dartoidsworld.net/2007/09/column ... boy-green/
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
Mabbsy
Posts:10168
Joined:Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm
Location:Rural Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by Mabbsy » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:33 pm

That never gets old :lol: :lol:

User avatar
ILAD
Posts:3498
Joined:Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Location:Gods country (Geordieland)
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by ILAD » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Some boy :D :D

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm
I may have missed something here, but why the vitriol towards this guy? He has given Q school a go. Surely he deserves to be commended for that?
Oh dear.
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts:8845
Joined:Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm
I may have missed something here, but why the vitriol towards this guy? He has given Q school a go. Surely he deserves to be commended for that?
Oh dear.
Wow, you have trawled through a post that is months old, I’m sorry but that is rather sad and for what exactly? 😂😂😂My question was genuine, i only joined this forum in January 2019 so I am not aware of any back story regarding this.
Maybe you could enlighten me. I assume something has happened.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Come on Wadey”

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm
sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm
I may have missed something here, but why the vitriol towards this guy? He has given Q school a go. Surely he deserves to be commended for that?
Oh dear.
Wow, you have trawled through a post that is months old, I’m sorry but that is rather sad and for what exactly? My question was genuine, i only joined this form in January 2019 so I am not aware of any back story regarding this.
Maybe you could enlighten me. I assume something has happened.
You made that post 70 pages into the thread, after DBG demonstrated several times why there is so much "vitriol" towards him. The thread was also started after you signed up.

It's clear you were/are on the wind up.
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts:33578
Joined:Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 pm

What a thread.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts:8845
Joined:Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:45 pm
sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm
I may have missed something here, but why the vitriol towards this guy? He has given Q school a go. Surely he deserves to be commended for that?
Oh dear.
Wow, you have trawled through a post that is months old, I’m sorry but that is rather sad and for what exactly? My question was genuine, i only joined this form in January 2019 so I am not aware of any back story regarding this.
Maybe you could enlighten me. I assume something has happened.
You made that post 70 pages into the thread, after DBG demonstrated several times why there is so much "vitriol" towards him. The thread was also started after you signed up.

It's clear you were/are on the wind up.
In my defence I hadn’t read all 70 pages, just a snippet. Having just spent 10 minutes reading about this character, I don’t think I have laughed out loud as much in a while. It was the post quoting some official that topped it.

Why though have you trawled through a thread which had its last post in April prior to replying to me? #hiddenagendamethinks 🤔

Edit - I’ve checked page 70 and I cannot see my post.
“Come on Wadey”

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm
Edit - I’ve checked page 70 and I cannot see my post.
viewtopic.php?p=885768#p885768
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:14 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:57 pm
What a thread.
These gems belong in here as well.
daveboygreen wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:06 pm
oche balboa wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:09 pm
daveboygreen wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:31 am
Dicie26 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am
Just so we all know
Luke woodhouse is shit according to dbg
Not played him since I beat him then but he has played in our Rileys league on Thursdays last season and I could see a big improvement in his attitude and his game, Would be a tougher task now but it would be close and I know he want's his revenge so I would love a rematch.
He will beat you with ease you deluded stupid cunt
Well he aint managed to beat me yet has he!!
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts:8845
Joined:Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's return to the big time.

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:18 pm

sennafan24 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:12 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm
Edit - I’ve checked page 70 and I cannot see my post.
viewtopic.php?p=885768#p885768
It was page 73 Not that I’m being pedantic 😉

I still don’t know why you have replied to a post I made in January of this year? Well I think we both know actually 🤨
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Come on Wadey”

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts:8845
Joined:Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:23 pm

I have to say now that I’ve read more of this thread, this DBG character is brilliant.
“Come on Wadey”

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by sennafan24 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:29 am

I was messing around on Darts Database the other week and found this - https://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerD ... erKey=5281

Did DBG really make the QF stage of the WDF Las Vegas Open earlier in the year? Or is it, as I suspect, a different Dave Green and Darts Database have made an error.
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
Captain Hobo
Posts:10209
Joined:Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:06 am
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by Captain Hobo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 am

sennafan24 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:29 am
I was messing around on Darts Database the other week and found this - https://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerD ... erKey=5281

Did DBG really make the QF stage of the WDF Las Vegas Open earlier in the year? Or is it, as I suspect, a different Dave Green and Darts Database have made an error.
He was at Q School that day.

vizIIsto
Posts:3549
Joined:Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by vizIIsto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:37 am

Captain Hobo wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:15 am
sennafan24 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:29 am
I was messing around on Darts Database the other week and found this - https://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerD ... erKey=5281

Did DBG really make the QF stage of the WDF Las Vegas Open earlier in the year? Or is it, as I suspect, a different Dave Green and Darts Database have made an error.
He was at Q School that day.
Or maybe he wasn't.
Think about it.
lurk lurk

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts:21162
Joined:Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location:Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:10 pm

😁
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
sennafan24
Moderator
Posts:21122
Joined:Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by sennafan24 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 pm

I wonder if he'll do Q School again next year?
"If you said that in front of me I would drop you" - Chris Mason

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts:21162
Joined:Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location:Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 pm

We can only pray he does
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Mabbsy
Posts:10168
Joined:Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm
Location:Rural Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by Mabbsy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 pm

He must be due to return here before too long.

It's been a while...........

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts:21162
Joined:Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location:Frimley Green, Surrey
Contact:

Re: DBG's career (Challenge Tour edition)

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:17 pm

We just want to see his best game
YORKSHIRE GRIT

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests