Post by Darty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Zoldy has always been good value
Runner-up of the inaugral Ryde Social Club Island v Mainland Challenge Cup

martin71109

Re: Re: Site Censorship

Post by martin71109 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 am

DrZoidberg wrote:
gazman wrote:
DrZoidberg wrote:is anyone wanting stabbed?
In bradders type way? Or just generally knifed?
im having a wee drink, so later on ill be offering both, probably.
Any luck with the stabbing mate?

hang the dj

Site Censorship

Post by hang the dj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Any you cunts want to ban me?

Randall
Site Admin

Re: Site Censorship

Post by Randall » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 pm

hang the dj wrote:Any you cunts want to ban me?
i favoured shooting and deporting you.

hang the dj

Site Censorship

Post by hang the dj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Darth Randall wrote:
i favoured shooting and deporting you.
My wife seconds that

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:01 pm

martin71109 wrote:
DrZoidberg wrote:
gazman wrote:
i didnt leave the house.

glasgow survives for another weekend.

Darty

Post by Darty » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Runner-up of the inaugral Ryde Social Club Island v Mainland Challenge Cup

doG

Post by doG » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah nah, yeah

I mean yeah

Why not, just for kicks, and you asked so nicely.

MH, can you give me temporary powers so I can ban him ?
dOg...off his chain

martin71109

Post by martin71109 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm

DrZoidberg wrote:
martin71109 wrote:
DrZoidberg wrote:
gazman wrote:
i didnt leave the house.

glasgow survives for another weekend.
Saving yourself for the portuguese in midweek

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Will be interesting as to how this affects forums and the behaviour of those that use them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19660415
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Sheep Shagger

Post by Sheep Shagger » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 pm

When all is said and done it is no different to the written media, if someone post something that is inflammatory then they run the risk of being sued, forums and twitter should be no different. It does piss me off that twitter and facebook are responsible for almost all of the slagging off and abuse of people yet we get people announcing that "I will never use this forum again" and then go back to their twitter or facebook, hypocritical idiots all of them. They tried to make forum and blog owners responsible for the content whilst totally ignoring the bigger problem of twitter and facebook, why? because facebook and twitter have the money to defend themselves to the hilt. A rethink is good as like I said twitter and facebook are responsible for some 99.9% of abuse on the internet.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:56 pm

My understanding is the slander laws apply to forums should someone want to bring an action. Slander being a civil not criminal offence.

I also believe that the responsibility of forum owners/admin is to delete offending material if requested and pass on the poster's details if requested by the authorities.

Posts that are racist etc would come under criminal law and I'm not sure where we would stand in the circumstances. Possibly prosecuted if we allowed the posts and posters to continue? I'm not sure

Sheep Shagger

Post by Sheep Shagger » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:52 pm

When a site if notified about a racist or offending post it has to take reasonable action to remove said material, now if they have a multiple offender it could be argued that the site is facilitating the offensive material in which case it can itself be prosecuted.

Dolphiny

Post by Dolphiny » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm

You'll end up responsible if you refuse to give up the details of the user making the inflammatory post and refuse to remove it.

Take this guy who got arrested today for creating a Facebook page about the two coppers killed in Manchester. How do you think the cops got his IP/email/ISP From Facebook?

Users are responsible for the content of their posts unless admin refuse to remove it/supply the IP/ISP/email addy and any other information they have.

People think they can post what they want online without any comeback. They can't. It's always traceable to the PC/phone you post from.
RIP Tom Hopkins.

doG

Post by doG » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm

nikkiboy wrote:When a site if notified about a racist or offending post it has to take reasonable action to remove said material, now if they have a multiple offender it could be argued that the site is facilitating the offensive material in which case it can itself be prosecuted.
Shall I dob in Doublefinish now ?
Please post the link
dOG
dOg...off his chain

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:18 pm

Justin Credible wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am I like how its my fault this site is so quiet, and how i drive people away.,and its far easier to blame me of course.

but lets look at the real truth.Dicie left cos he did not get his way, so did frog ....whose fault was that ? was that mine as well

Members like sharky, sprocket, oche , noisy etc all used this place while they were on bans from trollsrus, the site they want to be on, NOT HERE.
This place is just a platform for them to take a swipe at trollsrus and then go running back as soon as the ban is up, but nah the mods kiss their asses but know themselves deep down thats the truth.
I feel sorry for the mods if honest as they mean well.
At least I am honest and had no intention of running back to trollsrus, and even if my ban was lifted and it could well have had been had I asked but chose not to but stay loyal to here. Since it appears I am not wanted here either then i wont post, in the end its this place's loss not mine.

I will be sure to pop in when this place is so much busier of course when the thousands of new members swell the ranks of here now that i wont be around to drive away membership.
Maybe ask dicie and frog to come back so they can live out their dream of being mods on a site of about 20 posters, which is not much less that the main membership of trollsrus either., where grown men can act like they are achieving something special in life , but get upset when the opinions of others who's words on a screen hurt their feelings.
And true to his word he never crawled back to df or posted here again..... Oh wait!

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Wed May 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Justin Credible wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am I like how its my fault this site is so quiet, and how i drive people away.,and its far easier to blame me of course.

but lets look at the real truth.Dicie left cos he did not get his way, so did frog ....whose fault was that ? was that mine as well

Members like sharky, sprocket, oche , noisy etc all used this place while they were on bans from df, the site they want to be on, NOT HERE.
This place is just a platform for them to take a swipe at DF and then go running back as soon as the ban is up, but nah the mods kiss their asses but know themselves deep down thats the truth.
I feel sorry for the mods if honest as they mean well.
At least I am honest and had no intention of running back to DF, and even if my ban was lifted and it could well have had been had I asked but chose not to but stay loyal to here. Since it appears I am not wanted here either then i wont post, in the end its this place's loss not mine.

I will be sure to pop in when this place is so much busier of course when the thousands of new members swell the ranks of here now that i wont be around to drive away membership.
Maybe ask dicie and frog to come back so they can live out their dream of being mods on a site of about 20 posters, which is not much less that the main membership of Df either., where grown men can act like they are achieving something special in life , but get upset when the opinions of others who's words on a screen hurt their feelings.
Could've been written yesterday.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed May 06, 2020 9:28 pm

Probably was elsewhere

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Wed May 06, 2020 9:31 pm

Randall wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:28 pm Probably was elsewhere
:lol:

Randall