viz rates your songs

Movies, music and TV
vizIIsto

viz rates your songs

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Self-explanatory. Send me a song and I'll rate it from S/A through F.
It can be anything considered a song, so you can either be nice and share a song you really like or send an 8 minute piece of dreadful hot garbage that I'll have to listen to.

Fire away.

Randall
Site Admin

Re: viz rates your songs

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Love me some joan

sennafan24

Post by sennafan24 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:55 pm

oche balboa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 am Would be a cold day in hell before you two have a disagreement. I thought you was the same person. perhaps you are brothers

Who knows....

Who cares.....

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Love me some joan
That was an excellent listen! I love female soul music! The rhythm of the song sounds familiar to some of those gospel Christmas songs and that just adds to the joy. The vocalist, wow, she's got a heart for soul and a soul of gold. Gives me some Etta James vibes too.
Overall, great pick! I'm just a bit worried that this kind of music has lost a bit of its glamour the past few years, because I like it and it shows much more vocal talent than most pop songs today.

If you like this, I would recommend looking up and listening to some bits of the Ladies of Soul. They're a Dutch female group that does all kinds of genres but they really know how to do these types of songs.

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:13 pm

sennafan24 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:55 pm
Fair played, senna, and as promised I had to listen to the whole of it.
To be honest, if English was a foreign language for me, I actually have a sweet spot for this kind of genre. The good ol' country music with just a guitar. When it comes to music, this is my guilty pleasure; I really dig it but will never admit I do.
I had a great laugh halfway through when some of those messed up lyrics kicked in. This is a typical comedian's song. Love it for that.

I had just watched a Family Guy episode today where Peter and Quagmire start a band, and the songs they 'wrote' in that episode are just like this. Have a listen if you want:

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:15 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Love me some joan
That was an excellent listen! I love female soul music! The rhythm of the song sounds familiar to some of those gospel Christmas songs and that just adds to the joy. The vocalist, wow, she's got a heart for soul and a soul of gold. Gives me some Etta James vibes too.
Overall, great pick! I'm just a bit worried that this kind of music has lost a bit of its glamour the past few years, because I like it and it shows much more vocal talent than most pop songs today.

If you like this, I would recommend looking up and listening to some bits of the Ladies of Soul. They're a Dutch female group that does all kinds of genres but they really know how to do these types of songs.
Glad you liked it.
Her voice is pure gold.
I'll check the band out

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:18 pm

My favourite current band

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:15 pm
vizIIsto wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 pm

Love me some joan

Glad you liked it.
Her voice is pure gold.
I'll check the band out
I'll give you one of my all-time favorites to listen to, for nothing else but PURE VOCAL QUALITY by one of the best singers in this world: Shirma Rouse.

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:59 pm

Randall wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:18 pm

There's not a lot of this type of music where I'm from - even though for a European country we have quite a bit of this - and it's kind of a shame. These are bands in its simplest and purest form. Just making music.
As I said earlier, I have some sweet spot for this genre. The harmony between these three is excellent and makes their works shine. I will consider looking up more songs of this band.

I suppose I'll share one with you now that has similarities with your song but is still different enough, maybe you'll like it maybe you don't. Or maybe you've already heard it.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:59 pm

There's not a lot of this type of music where I'm from - even though for a European country we have quite a bit of this - and it's kind of a shame. These are bands in its simplest and purest form. Just making music.
As I said earlier, I have some sweet spot for this genre. The harmony between these three is excellent and makes their works shine. I will consider looking up more songs of this band.

I suppose I'll share one with you now that has similarities with your song but is still different enough, maybe you'll like it maybe you don't. Or maybe you've already heard it.
I approve

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:16 pm

The Thorn wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:32 pm

So the first song, that's not really my taste. It makes me feel pretty depressing, but in the end that's the aura the song tries to show. It does a good job at that, and it's great for its genre, but sadly I don't like it.
I also don't really have anything I can compare this with, because I usually don't listen to this genre.

That second one is already. I still don't really dig most kinds of rap songs, but this gets a pass. (in all honesty, only real good rap songs like Lose Yourself make me feel awesome) After some time I just get bored of it. Not that it's annoying or anything, but I'm struggling to enjoy it.
In the Netherlands we have a whole culture which is even a sub genre of hip hop, called nederhop. I'll give you a preview:

Again, not my genre. Some artists are Lange Frans, Brainpower, Jeugd van Tegenwoordig. In case you're interested.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Seen these live a few times

Tommo

Post by Tommo » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:16 pm

They're all here!

Ross, Bob

Post by Ross, Bob » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:17 pm

vizIIsto wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:59 pm

Please stick to rating other member's songs, and refrain from posting the shit you like yourself, mate.

Thanks.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 pm

I think the words say it all.
‘For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and everyone who humbles himself will be exalted’

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:51 am

Randall wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Seen these live a few times
This for me is the music I like listening to, apart from live. Simply because this music is kinda overwhelming, and then I can't stand loud bass lines and drum sounds.
The song itself also has these overpowering notes in it, the background vocalists surely add to the epicness. Overall great pick!

If you haven't heard of Nightwish, that's what I'd recommend. But because Bob Ross was being a gadfly about sharing stuff myself I'd like to say you don't have to listen to me at all. Ignore it if you want.

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:04 am

Tommo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:16 pm
Touche.
I'm not usually a rock music type, and this is sadly not an exception. Some rock songs have the ability to grab someone's attention, either by an amazing lead singer or a creative bass line / drum solo. This for me didn't really have much of that, but maybe that was because I expected something better from a band of the grandeur of Metallica.

Also because 2020 is a meme of a year I've seen a few songs that have been out for a few years but never got any attention until 2020 happened because 2020 is a disaster year. This was one of them and it's exactly what you expect to hear before Armageddon:

vizIIsto

Post by vizIIsto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:08 am

HalloweenJack wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:59 pm

I think the words say it all.
Sounds like she's having an orgasm and a seizure at the same time. No further comment.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 am

Seen these twice as well