Rate the movie you watched

Movies, music and TV
Post Reply
User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Poltergeist, the original 80s one.
4/10

Never seen it before... found it all a bit cringeworthy really. yes, yes i did.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Father Rout
Site Admin
Posts: 73358
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Father Rout » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Rogg wrote:Poltergeist, the original 80s one.
4/10

Never seen it before... found it all a bit cringeworthy really. yes, yes i did.
One that was great at the time but didn't age well. Jaws would be a similar comparison
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:59 pm

I saw poltergeist recently and didn't think it has held up too badly to be honest.
Now the sequels, they were shit at the time never mind now.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Magnificent seven remake.
Last half an hour was Ok but the overwhelming impression was that it didn't need making.
5/10

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.
:lol: bit harsh... not harsh. I don't know where to start with it all. The Doctor being half-human was a primary disaster.

McGann's audio Doctor Who stuff since has been rather good and it seems a pity he never had a full TV run. The movie is best forgotten about and quickly.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:18 pm

I enjoyed some of the big audio finish productions to be fair.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Randall wrote:I enjoyed some of the big audio finish productions to be fair.
Some excellent stuff in there. A fair few undercooked characters from the TV series have been salvaged nicely by Big Finish, including I'd say Colin Baker's doctor.

Even poor old Tom Baker makes them now. He still sounds like himself.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:I enjoyed some of the big audio finish productions to be fair.
Some excellent stuff in there. A fair few undercooked characters from the TV series have been salvaged nicely by Big Finish, including I'd say Colin Baker's doctor.

Even poor old Tom Baker makes them now. He still sounds like himself.
Peter Davison was my doctor so I've mainly listened to his. Castle of fear probably my favourite.
Also enjoyed many of the lost adventure books.
Thought players, which crosses Colin bakers doctor over with troughtons war games finale was excellent.

User avatar
Father Rout
Site Admin
Posts: 73358
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Father Rout » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.
:lol: bit harsh... not harsh. I don't know where to start with it all. The Doctor being half-human was a primary disaster.

McGann's audio Doctor Who stuff since has been rather good and it seems a pity he never had a full TV run. The movie is best forgotten about and quickly.
McGann did get a go as a prelude to the 50th anniversary episode, should still be on the BBC site
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.
Just watched a Making Of documentary. It's getting on for a miracle that it was made at all.

Anyway, the (American) main exec behind the project had a bloody *interesting* idea about who should play the role which McGann eventually got, and even offered him the part. Have a guess. Star of a 70s BBC sitcom.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 6558
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Tommo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.
Just watched a Making Of documentary. It's getting on for a miracle that it was made at all.

Anyway, the (American) main exec behind the project had a bloody *interesting* idea about who should play the role which McGann eventually got, and even offered him the part. Have a guess. Star of a 70s BBC sitcom.
Michael Crawford?
They're all here!

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Tommo wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.
Just watched a Making Of documentary. It's getting on for a miracle that it was made at all.

Anyway, the (American) main exec behind the project had a bloody *interesting* idea about who should play the role which McGann eventually got, and even offered him the part. Have a guess. Star of a 70s BBC sitcom.
Michael Crawford?
Is that a guess or did you know? :D correct! If you can imagine a mid-90s Frank Spencer. It all seems very odd.
He turned it down, as did his second choice - Michael Palin.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Dolans Cadillac.
Scraping the bottom of the king barrel.
3/10

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 6558
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Tommo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am

Rogg wrote:
Tommo wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:Doctor Who The Movie (with Paul McGann, 1996)
Well, oh dear.
3/10

:|
Only positive was McCoy being shot.
Just watched a Making Of documentary. It's getting on for a miracle that it was made at all.

Anyway, the (American) main exec behind the project had a bloody *interesting* idea about who should play the role which McGann eventually got, and even offered him the part. Have a guess. Star of a 70s BBC sitcom.
Michael Crawford?
Is that a guess or did you know? :D correct! If you can imagine a mid-90s Frank Spencer. It all seems very odd.
He turned it down, as did his second choice - Michael Palin.
I must have read it somewhere at some point or it was a lucky guess, and Palin, who was the exec and was he on drugs?
They're all here!

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Tommo wrote:I must have read it somewhere at some point or it was a lucky guess, and Palin, who was the exec and was he on drugs?
Philip Segal, and yes probably.

It was someone at the BBC end who suggested McGann. Robert Lindsay was another on their shortlist. Bringing back Tom Baker was also considered. It's nice to have a plan.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Ant man and the wasp.
Very good and a tie in with the avengers movie at the end.
7/10.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Rogg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Randall wrote:Thought players, which crosses Colin bakers doctor over with troughtons war games finale was excellent.
Had a quick look and couldn't find this so just checking... it's called 'Players'?
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74131
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Rate the movie you watched

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:29 am

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Thought players, which crosses Colin bakers doctor over with troughtons war games finale was excellent.
Had a quick look and couldn't find this so just checking... it's called 'Players'?
Yes, novel by Terence dicks.
Lots on eBay.

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests