Movies at the Cinema

Movies, music and TV
Mr R Paster

Movies at the Cinema

Post by Mr R Paster » Sat May 07, 2011 10:44 am

went to see THOR a week ago - could only see it in IMAX 3d and TBH couldn't notice much difference - definately not worth double the addmisson price!!

Saw Fast 5 on tuesday - cost me 65% less than thor and was 500% better - even though Dwight "the Rock" johnson was in it, bringing his rather wooden acting along too!

Dartfrog

Re: Movies at the Cinema

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 10:51 am

Cant say i'm interested in Fast 5 but did want to see Thor although perhaps not if everyone thought it was shit.

Raff

Post by Raff » Sat May 07, 2011 11:15 am

Dartfrog wrote:Cant say i'm interested in Fast 5 but did want to see Thor although perhaps not if everyone thought it was shit.
Haven't seen it but it looks shit. Not a fan of the comics anyway but just can't bring myself to accept the generic pretty boy in the lead role as Thor.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Having bought all the comics as a kid Raff i must admit i'm interested to watch them all, that said i agree that the actor playing Thor is not how i envisage him to look.

Raff

Post by Raff » Sat May 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Dartfrog wrote:Having bought all the comics as a kid Raff i must admit i'm interested to watch them all, that said i agree that the actor playing Thor is not how i envisage him to look.
I suppose the most interesting will be the Avengers flick when they bring them all together. It could either be a pretty neat idea or a complete mess, with no character getting the attention it deserves.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Lets be honest thats odds on to happen, the storyline will no doubt be flimsy and concentrate too much on cgi.
Of the comic book films The Dark Knight and Ironman are the best.

Raff

Post by Raff » Sat May 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Dartfrog wrote:Lets be honest thats odds on to happen, the storyline will no doubt be flimsy and concentrate too much on cgi.
Of the comic book films The Dark Knight and Ironman are the best.
Didn't watch Iron Man, I think I've said before I'm not a huge Marvel fan. The Dark Knight was very good though, the only real downside being that a lot of the explosions etc seemed rather forced in, as though the producers had a look at the script and decided that it didn't quite have that blockbuster feel.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 12:42 pm

True but at least it was a credible attempt. The Batman & Robin, Forever movies etc were just embarrassing.
Ironman is definately worth a watch, havent seen the sequel though.

Raff

Post by Raff » Sat May 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Dartfrog wrote:True but at least it was a credible attempt. The Batman & Robin, Forever movies etc were just embarrassing.
Ironman is definately worth a watch, havent seen the sequel though.
Aye, I'd say more than credible. If you ignore my above criticisms it was excellent. Ledger's Joker was superb, finally putting Jack Nicholson's overrated version to rest and they didn't overuse him, leaving you wanting more. The plot was more or less top class, and the way they got Two Face to resemble the guy from the comics was superb, makes the purple slop they pasted on Tommy Lee Jones' mug all the more laughable.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sat May 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Yep agree cpmpletely, Bale's role is worth mentioning as well, definately the best to ever play him. He's been excellent in both films.

sat

Post by sat » Sun May 08, 2011 12:01 am

Didn't like the two face make up. With those injuries he wouldn't be speaking properly. I thought that was the worst thing in the whole film and let it down.

sat

Post by sat » Wed May 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Just saw Insidious. Good fun is about all I can say about it. It's occasionally jumpy, but silly.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Wed May 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Worth the ticket price sat?

sat

Post by sat » Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Erm... *mumbles something*

I'd probably have to say no though. It's very generic. Did you ever see the series on History/Discovery called "A Haunting"? Well it's like an extended version of one of those episodes. I'd imagine there are better films on to spend your cash on.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 pm

You watched a copy didn't you...or you let Baldy pay heh.
Nah never saw that. I'll wait till it comes out on tv the just so i can post on the movies on tv thread.

sat

Post by sat » Wed May 11, 2011 6:53 pm

A copy? How DARE... Well ,yes.

I would never have gone to see it at the cinema anyway, horrors are rarely worth it these days and people in cinemas do my head in. Last time I went some girl was on her phone the whole fucking time as she had obviously seen the film before, and the kid with her kept asking her who was this and who was that and why are they doing that etc.

A Haunting was a series of one hour episodes, supposedly based on true events. Funny as heck, so funny I bought the box set of all five seasons.

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed May 11, 2011 6:54 pm

The dark knight was awesome, I saw it at an IMAX cinema and it was fucking immense.

sat

Post by sat » Wed May 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Loved that film, the nephew and I planned to go to London IMAX but it finished before we found time.