Sky Sports Mix

Movies, music and TV
Justin Credible

Sky Sports Mix

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Even though setanta is long dead for most, here in Paddyland we get 2 setanta channels, one free and one ppv like sky sports

The free one showed champions league, the darts world series live most times instead of waiting for ITV.

Now the free setanta is being replaced on channel 105 (for those with chorus / virgin media) wqith a new channel called sky sports mix which is suppose to be free, it better show the fucking darts and football still.

As for the new Irish channel on sky 161 in the UK, no sign of that here and suspect is just a clusterfuck of shit programs heaped together for thick micks who cannot afford the pub in the UK.

Justin Credible

Re: Sky Sports Mix

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:00 pm

shit....seems it is non affiliated with the old setanta
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... sports-mix

There goes the itv darts and CL

ffs

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Time to ring up Virgin and tell them shove their package up their hole.

The only 2 things I watch are darts and football and both were free with Eir, now the got sky they will expect extra payment

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/compani ... ort-sky-tv

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:11 pm

I signed up to virgin to get free setanta......was part of the reason I went with them over the more reliable Sky
now they tell me but we give you sky.

If I wanted sky, then I would have gone to sky themselves who are not only slightly cheaper, but better service with a system that is not only more user friendly, but are less cunts to deal with.

Gonna ring them up in a bit and tell them fuck off as they are the ones that have broke the contract and are not showing to me what I signed up for.
Only for their internet service which is top class i would be long rid of the cunts.

Not sure why they call themselves "virgin" as they seem to enjoy fucking people over

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Sky Sports Mix launches on Wed 24 Aug and the schedules for the first 3 days are now on the SPI website (not publicly available).

The live sport on Sky Sports Mix during those 3 days is as follows:

Wed 24 Aug:
1.30pm - Live ODI cricket: England v Pakistan

Thur 25 Aug:
10.30am - Live European Tour golf: Made in Denmark (1st session)
2.30pm - Live European Tour golf: Made in Denmark (2nd session)

Fri 26 Aug:
10.30am - Live European Tour golf: Made in Denmark (1st session)
2.30pm - Live European Tour golf: Made in Denmark (2nd session)
7.00pm - Live EFL: Burton v Derby

The channel runs for 24 hours per day so there is also a whole host of highlights and filler programming - including ODI highlights and EFL Cup highlights.

Oh and there will be 10 PL games throughout the season as well, so probably one a month.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:50 pm

just spent 20 minutes on the phone to virgin media and after being shuffled round I ended up with some guy who could offer me a deal, pleasant african lad called ezekial.

I had a bundle with 260mbps internet
Phone deal that includes free calls to all mobiles and landline - unlimited
and a basic tv package

all for 86 euros a month

I now got a deal where I get to keep all that and now pay 45 euros a month for 4 months and the remaining 8 months at 90...overall a saving of 132 euros for the year.
Plus he is throwing in 3 months of the full sky sports package for free whenever I decide I wanted it turned on, plus the option for another 9 months full sky sports at half the price.

so saved 132 euros, got 3 months sky sports free and also will be eligible to have my broadband increased for free as the contract runs.
The squeaky wheel gets the oil

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:12 pm

I threaten to leave Sky every year and funny enough they always seem to find a deal lower than the normal price
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:14 pm

M H wrote:I threaten to leave Sky every year and funny enough they always seem to find a deal lower than the normal price
Once all my deals end next month I'll be doing exactly the same. If they call my bluff and cancel we will just sign back up as a new customer in my other half's name with a new customer offer. Win win.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:15 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
M H wrote:I threaten to leave Sky every year and funny enough they always seem to find a deal lower than the normal price
Once all my deals end next month I'll be doing exactly the same. If they call my bluff and cancel we will just sign back up as a new customer in my other half's name with a new customer offer. Win win.
You won't need to mate. If you don't get the deal you want with the exit team leave. Before you're due to be disconnected you'll get a call from them begging you to stay.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:16 pm

M H wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
You won't need to mate. If you don't get the deal you want with the exit team leave. Before you're due to be disconnected you'll get a call from them begging you to stay.
I shall see what they say!

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:22 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
M H wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
I shall see what they say!
Bottom line is mate it costs them nothing to keep you and a good few hundred quid if you go. Basic economics

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:21 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:

Thats exactly what i told them
Said why should a long term customer get less respect than a new member who is offered a better deal, i will cancel and my wife will start a new account and can you not see the logic,
I am happier with the deal now so cannot complain.
As for my 3 months free sky sport, will take that in october to take me in to the new year and it covers the best period of darts with the Worlds, Grand Prix and Grand slam and a heap of PL matches

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:

Said why should a long term customer get less respect than a new member who is offered a better deal, i will cancel and my wife will start a new account and can you not see the logic,
As for my 3 months free sky sport, will take that in october to take me in to the new year and it covers the best period of darts with the Worlds, Grand Prix and Grand slam and a heap of PL matches
PL starts in February mate

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:48 pm

M H wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:

PL starts in February mate
meant the footie

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:03 pm

got a letter from virgin who had taken over from chorus that they were pulling the service in my area..............had no choice but to join sky few months back, must say sky is top class in comparison , virgin sent a few letters saying a months payment was still due, told them to do one as i had to go to the trouble of setting up sky, aint heard nowt since.......
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:10 pm

fandarts wrote:got a letter from virgin who had taken over from chorus that they were pulling the service in my area..............had no choice but to join sky few months back, must say sky is top class in comparison , virgin sent a few letters saying a months payment was still due, told them to do one as i had to go to the trouble of setting up sky, aint heard nowt since.......
not only is sky a quid or two cheaper, more reliable, better customer service
also far more user friendly , searching, recording etc
and you have a few extra channels and you have the red button option as well not available with chorus.

Free setanta was their only plus and thats now gone.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Got a letter today from Sky, my deal will last for five years it appears. I reckon come May when I'm out of contract I'll get an even better deal

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:26 pm

after getting 3 free months of sky sports I still aint watched it,...had intentions of watching chelsea and spurs but was not on.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Justin Credible wrote:after getting 3 free months of sky sports I still aint watched it,...had intentions of watching chelsea and spurs but was not on.
On BT and fortunately I have access to Virgin Anywhere on a laptop connected to the big screen

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:34 pm

not bothered as I can get anything i want on line and truth is i prefer and have got used to watching stuff online than tv as i can be on the forums and do some graphics in lightroom and photoshop as well