The future of Sky tv

Movies, music and TV
Justin Credible

Re: The future of Sky tv

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:18 pm

The Shank wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:I meant if the bookies were not aware of the result due to the owner changing his mind at the last minute, what comeback could the bookies have ?
Unlikely that an owner would change his mind in this way, storylines and matches are planned weeks, even months in advance. To change things last minute could cost a hell of a lot of money.

What I just don't get is the bookies taking bets on an event where lots of people already KNOW, cast iron guaranteed, what will happen. Just doesn't make sense.

I am not so sure Shank, with so much wrestling on tv any result could be changed at a moments notice and they could still get where they want to go in the long run .

When one person decides who wins or loses its inevitably his choice alone

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Sky Q
YORKSHIRE GRIT

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
The Shank wrote:
Justin Credible wrote:I meant if the bookies were not aware of the result due to the owner changing his mind at the last minute, what comeback could the bookies have ?
Unlikely that an owner would change his mind in this way, storylines and matches are planned weeks, even months in advance. To change things last minute could cost a hell of a lot of money.

What I just don't get is the bookies taking bets on an event where lots of people already KNOW, cast iron guaranteed, what will happen. Just doesn't make sense.

I am not so sure Shank, with so much wrestling on tv any result could be changed at a moments notice and they could still get where they want to go in the long run .

When one person decides who wins or loses its inevitably his choice alone
Outcomes week to week can be changed, of course they can.

But something like the rumble is planned weeks if not months in advance, the winner head lines wrestlemania, which is not till early April. Between now and then there's weeks of storylines written, promos every week, all about ppv buy rates. Literally millions of $$$ at stake. Theres little to no chance (barring mishaps due to injuries, drugs etc) of a storyline of that scale being changed last minute.

Which makes sky taking bets even more astounding as everyone in the know knows what the results will be.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:42 pm

my point is its FAKE.

I get the winner gets a shot at wrestlemania but there are no rules for the wwf to follow.
The winner of the rumble could be changed, and the "new winner" then in a storyline put his place at wrestlemania on the line in some other match before then and lose to the original guy who was supposed to win.

The point i am making is the owner can do what ever he likes planned or not as he only needs make up a new story the next wrestling show to change things again.
Its not like there are rules he must follow or face a fine from a governing body....its all made up shit.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:16 am

Justin Credible wrote:my point is its FAKE.

I get the winner gets a shot at wrestlemania but there are no rules for the wwf to follow.
The winner of the rumble could be changed, and the "new winner" then in a storyline put his place at wrestlemania on the line in some other match before then and lose to the original guy who was supposed to win.

The point i am making is the owner can do what ever he likes planned or not as he only needs make up a new story the next wrestling show to change things again.
Its not like there are rules he must follow or face a fine from a governing body....its all made up shit.
Of course its all fake, but the point im making is its an industry worth millions. Any wrestling organisation that chops and changes storylines willy nilly is gonna go downhill fast.

Even if there was to be a last minute change to a match like the rumble, all the people involved would have to be in the know, the wrestlers, refs, commentators, scriptwriters, everyone. They all have to work to the same script.

Which is why it astounds me that sky were taking bets. Must be because as a previous poster said, sky were hoping to make easy money from idiots stupid enough to bet on it.

Stran

Post by Stran » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:12 am

So many things shank I want to say but won't waste my time

As for the fake thing... it's entertainment ... same way any TV show is or Holywood movie is .. so take it for what it is just another thing on television to be enjoyed or hated etc

The people who going on about it being fake male.me laugh as it's the same people who are addicted to eastenders... oh ps eastenders is fake

And did anyone read the article I posted about the guy losing 35k

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 pm

IIII SSEEEEE YOU DEAD MAN

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Stran wrote:So many things shank I want to say but won't waste my time

As for the fake thing... it's entertainment ... same way any TV show is or Holywood movie is .. so take it for what it is just another thing on television to be enjoyed or hated etc

The people who going on about it being fake male.me laugh as it's the same people who are addicted to eastenders... oh ps eastenders is fake

I know its entertainment. I'm a wrestling fan, I've used the exact same argument you've made here many times to idiots when they say to me "why do you watch wrestling? It's all rigged".

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:34 pm

Forgot to add I did read your post about that cretin losing 35 grand.

The guy is a fuckin moron for betting on any wrestling match, plus the match was discussed on a wrestling talk show on sky months prior to the event where it was "strongly hinted" that Lesnar would win.

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Last point Stran, if there's anything else you want to say, feel free, I'm always up for a wrestling discussion, maybe even start a new thread!

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:00 pm

You can both fuck off with your homo erotica

The Shank

Post by The Shank » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:06 pm

Lister of Smeg wrote:You can both fuck off with your homo erotica
Fuck off.

There's nothing homo about watching fit young men wearing tiny trunks with oiled up bodies grappling and writhing around on a mat. Or with very big hairy men pinning a guy down and climbing on top of him.

The Thorn

Post by The Thorn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 pm

The Shank wrote:
Lister of Smeg wrote:You can both fuck off with your homo erotica
Fuck off.

There's nothing homo about watching fit young men wearing tiny trunks with oiled up bodies grappling and writhing around on a mat. Or with very big hairy men pinning a guy down and climbing on top of him.
Of course.
Spread positivity and love. BDO4LIFE

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Yaaaassss!!

Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:31 pm

The Shank wrote:

Forgot to add I did read your post about that cretin losing 35 grand.

The guy is a fuckin moron for betting on any wrestling match, plus the match was discussed on a wrestling talk show on sky months prior to the event where it was "strongly hinted" that Lesnar would win.

The guy is a moron for putting 35k on any bet.

unless its jamie cave-in to lose on tv

And there is a wrestling thread on here ;)

Lister of Smeg

Post by Lister of Smeg » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:46 pm

Sky TV has no future now that frontrunner are taking all the big darts events

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm

My Sky bill has just gone down by a fiver a month as Sky Go Extra is now free as a loyalty bonus. I have the top TV package with HD sports and cinema now for £37 a month, including Extra which my two brothers take full advantage of.

Google Sky VIP lads, there's discounts and upgrades to be had
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Wolflanternbumbag

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:57 am

Rosier than this forum
YORKSHIRE GRIT