Page 56 of 58

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:31 pm
by mattp
The Elementals was good.
More vintage/cheesy horror now - The Manitou by Graham Masterton

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:43 am
by Randall
I'm reading comics mainly but in between I'm reading elevator pitch by linwood barclay

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 pm
by Randall
Not read in 3 months but read the secret of cold hill by peter james in 2 sittings
Very good.

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:04 pm
by Randall
Read virtually 2 books in 2 days
Luckily I grabbed a load at work before we closed

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm
by Randall
Just finished the dead ex by Jane corry
Was just about ok

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm
by Emulsfier
Tempted to read the Wheel of time series again to pass the lockdown. All 14 books of it :D

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm
by Randall
The dinner party by RJ parker next up

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm
by M H
Could never imagine the day I'd be working more hours than Randall!

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:24 pm
by Randall
M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Could never imagine the day I'd be working more hours than Randall!
It's long overdue!

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
by M H
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm
by Randall
M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
I'm not convinced our finance director has a clue what he is doing at this stage.
A quick google of his name doesn't inspire me with confidence.

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
by The Ginge Reaper
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm
by Tommo
Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm
M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
I'm not convinced our finance director has a clue what he is doing at this stage.
A quick google of his name doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Is it Des Jacklin?

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:09 pm
by Randall
Tommo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm
Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm
M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
I'm not convinced our finance director has a clue what he is doing at this stage.
A quick google of his name doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Is it Des Jacklin?
Probably more competent than our guy.
He didn't seem aware the Loans for business and the grants to pay staff wages are 2 different things.
That or he is just a liar

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:17 am
by M H
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
They are allowed to work and claim at the same time.

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 am
by The Ginge Reaper
M H wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
They are allowed to work and claim at the same time.
Its a farce.

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:29 pm
by M H
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 am
M H wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
They are allowed to work and claim at the same time.
Its a farce.
Is less than perfect but should they not be able to fulfil contracts they would in all probability lose the client or customer.

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm
by Randall
Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm
The dinner party by RJ parker next up
Very good indeed.
Next up is a date with death by mark Roberts

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm
by Randall
Randall wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm
Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm
The dinner party by RJ parker next up
Very good indeed.
Next up is a date with death by mark Roberts

Wasn't bad
Serial killer police procedural by numbers really

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm
by Randall
The house swap by rebecca fleet next up