Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Movies, music and TV
Post Reply
User avatar
mattp
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by mattp » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:31 pm

The Elementals was good.
More vintage/cheesy horror now - The Manitou by Graham Masterton

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:43 am

I'm reading comics mainly but in between I'm reading elevator pitch by linwood barclay
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:58 pm

Not read in 3 months but read the secret of cold hill by peter james in 2 sittings
Very good.
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Read virtually 2 books in 2 days
Luckily I grabbed a load at work before we closed
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Just finished the dead ex by Jane corry
Was just about ok
Image

User avatar
Emulsfier
Posts: 3398
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Emulsfier » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm

Tempted to read the Wheel of time series again to pass the lockdown. All 14 books of it :D
Boring Brendas number one and only fan.

Caretaker of Randall's Bedtime Watch.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm

The dinner party by RJ parker next up
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 75066
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by M H » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Could never imagine the day I'd be working more hours than Randall!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:24 pm

M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Could never imagine the day I'd be working more hours than Randall!
It's long overdue!
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 75066
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by M H » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm

The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm

M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
I'm not convinced our finance director has a clue what he is doing at this stage.
A quick google of his name doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Image

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 28593
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm

M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
Tommo
Posts: 7772
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:01 am
Location: East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Tommo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm

Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm
M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
I'm not convinced our finance director has a clue what he is doing at this stage.
A quick google of his name doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Is it Des Jacklin?
They're all here!

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Tommo wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 pm
Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 pm
M H wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm
The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
I'm not convinced our finance director has a clue what he is doing at this stage.
A quick google of his name doesn't inspire me with confidence.
Is it Des Jacklin?
Probably more competent than our guy.
He didn't seem aware the Loans for business and the grants to pay staff wages are 2 different things.
That or he is just a liar
Image

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 75066
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by M H » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:17 am

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
They are allowed to work and claim at the same time.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
The Ginge Reaper
Posts: 28593
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 3:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 am

M H wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
They are allowed to work and claim at the same time.
Its a farce.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 75066
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by M H » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:29 pm

The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 am
M H wrote:
The Ginge Reaper wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:45 pm
M H wrote:The world's gone mad. Even on my time I'm responding to client queries about the new reality
The self employed thing is a minefield. Some will be earning the same or even more as a result of all this, whats stopping them putting in a claim for 80% on top?
They are allowed to work and claim at the same time.
Its a farce.
Is less than perfect but should they not be able to fulfil contracts they would in all probability lose the client or customer.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm

Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm
The dinner party by RJ parker next up
Very good indeed.
Next up is a date with death by mark Roberts
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Randall wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm
Randall wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm
The dinner party by RJ parker next up
Very good indeed.
Next up is a date with death by mark Roberts

Wasn't bad
Serial killer police procedural by numbers really
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 85911
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: Any good books - sponsored by Randall

Post by Randall » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm

The house swap by rebecca fleet next up
Image

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests