THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Movies, music and TV
User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:07 pm

Started season two of timeless.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 am

Finished season two of timeless.
Really enjoyed it.
Sadly it has been cancelled but will be concluded in a two hour special next year apparently

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:07 am

Watched 'One Foot in the Algarve' yesterday :) the One Foot in the Grave Christmas Special from 1993.

Peter Cook is in it, taking a glorious battering. He died in January 95, so it's possibly the last thing he did for TV.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Watching some mothers do ave em on the drama channel.
Mr McKay from porridge and Lord melbury from fawlty towers in.

User avatar
Father Rout
Site Admin
Posts: 73358
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Father Rout » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Having a look at Fear the Walking Dead, a spin off from The Walking Dead. Totally unimpressed so far
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:06 pm

I was totally unimpressed with the walking dead after season 1.
Wish I had the original comic though

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Randall wrote:Watching some mothers do ave em on the drama channel.
Mr McKay from porridge and Lord melbury from fawlty towers in.
Richard Wilson himself will be along at some point. He was trying very hard not to laugh and not really succeeding.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Watching some mothers do ave em on the drama channel.
Mr McKay from porridge and Lord melbury from fawlty towers in.
Richard Wilson himself will be along at some point. He was trying very hard not to laugh and not really succeeding.
You could see Crawford and fighting laughter in this one.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Watching some mothers do ave em on the drama channel.
Mr McKay from porridge and Lord melbury from fawlty towers in.
Richard Wilson himself will be along at some point. He was trying very hard not to laugh and not really succeeding.
You could see Crawford and fighting laughter in this one.
Yes, the army interview scene with McKay is charming. They're having a blast.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:59 am

Same with Sachs and scales in gourmet night when cleeses destroys the dessert.
You can see them laughing.

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:08 pm

One of basils potential hotel inspectors just turned up in today's some mothers do ave em.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Brian Murphy turned up in One Foot in the Grave. Bet they had complaints about this one too. Very dark, again. Suicide.

David Renwick on the commentary of the episode with the old people's home, saying the BBC had so many complaints that it was edited for repeats. The original is on the DVD and it is nasty for 'sitcom.' A long way from Some Mothers Do Ave Em.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Favourite Brian Murphy appearance was as the policeman in Jonathan creek.
A devilish case.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 am

Randall wrote:Favourite Brian Murphy appearance was as the policeman in Jonathan creek.
A devilish case.
I have Jonathan Creek 1-4 up on me shelf ready to watch again. Can't say I remember that one.

A series that was produced by the legend Verity Lambert. Always seems queer to me, that.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:57 am

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Favourite Brian Murphy appearance was as the policeman in Jonathan creek.
A devilish case.
I have Jonathan Creek 1-4 up on me shelf ready to watch again. Can't say I remember that one.

A series that was produced by the legend Verity Lambert. Always seems queer to me, that.
The judge killed by electric shock from his alarm clock?
Tramps fingernail at the scene?

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:10 am

Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Favourite Brian Murphy appearance was as the policeman in Jonathan creek.
A devilish case.
I have Jonathan Creek 1-4 up on me shelf ready to watch again. Can't say I remember that one.

A series that was produced by the legend Verity Lambert. Always seems queer to me, that.
The judge killed by electric shock from his alarm clock?
Tramps fingernail at the scene?
I do remember that, yes, but not Murph's appearance as such. I'll get to it.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 74132
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 am

Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:
Rogg wrote:
Randall wrote:Favourite Brian Murphy appearance was as the policeman in Jonathan creek.
A devilish case.
I have Jonathan Creek 1-4 up on me shelf ready to watch again. Can't say I remember that one.

A series that was produced by the legend Verity Lambert. Always seems queer to me, that.
The judge killed by electric shock from his alarm clock?
Tramps fingernail at the scene?
I do remember that, yes, but not Murph's appearance as such. I'll get to it.
He plays a dithering and hopeless copper.
He dies at the end and creek let's him have the credit for solving it.

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 19293
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Barbara Windsor turned up in One Foot in the Grave. A scheming old trout with the hots for Victor.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Wolflanternbumbag
Posts: 5233
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Potter's Piss Palace, Surrey
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Wolflanternbumbag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Killing Eve was really good..
YORKSHIRE GRIT

User avatar
Father Rout
Site Admin
Posts: 73358
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Father Rout » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Wolflanternbumbag wrote:Killing Eve was really good..
Just started that, looks very promising
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests