THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Movies, music and TV
User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Sun May 19, 2019 10:54 am

I have started Season Five of 30 Rock. Only nine years behind, not bad for me tbf.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77493
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Sun May 19, 2019 12:17 pm

I'm rewatching Jonathan creek from the beginning
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Sun May 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Randall wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:17 pm
I'm rewatching Jonathan creek from the beginning
:) I've been doing that too. I've just finished Series 4 which is the last appearance of Julia Sawalha I believe. The Sheridan Smith business comes next.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77493
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Sun May 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Rogg wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:29 pm
Randall wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:17 pm
I'm rewatching Jonathan creek from the beginning
:) I've been doing that too. I've just finished Series 4 which is the last appearance of Julia Sawalha I believe. The Sheridan Smith business comes next.
I've just watched the chequered box.
The sawahlia ones are better than I remember
Image

noisy lives
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:05 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by noisy lives » Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm

CANT BEAT A BIT OF ALF GARNETT

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3804
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by StevieBoy » Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Re watched just before Christmas the box set of In sickness and in health top laughs

noisy lives
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:05 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by noisy lives » Mon May 20, 2019 2:11 pm

yep comedy as it should be without the pc brigade taking over

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3804
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by StevieBoy » Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 pm

For me in comedy everything is fair game, you as an individual have the right to turn it off if you don't like it. What I don't like is being told what I should find funny and what I should be offended by!

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77493
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon May 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Alf Garnett, love the neighbour it was always the racist who came off looking like the idiot.
That gets lost amongst all the complaints
Image

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3804
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by StevieBoy » Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Yep that's why it's funny!

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Randall wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Alf Garnett, love the neighbour it was always the racist who came off looking like the idiot.
That gets lost amongst all the complaints
So is Big Alf's idiocy what people are laughing at when they watch it? I've never seen it.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

noisy lives
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:05 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by noisy lives » Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm

racism is a word to easily used these days by the left to silence anything that makes them cry

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3804
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by StevieBoy » Mon May 20, 2019 4:24 pm

noisy lives wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm
racism is a word to easily used these days by the left to silence anything that makes them cry
Sounds like snowflake ideology to me! lol

User avatar
M H
Site Admin
Posts: 74118
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by M H » Mon May 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Rogg wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm
Randall wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Alf Garnett, love the neighbour it was always the racist who came off looking like the idiot.
That gets lost amongst all the complaints
So is Big Alf's idiocy what people are laughing at when they watch it? I've never seen it.
Pretty much, both were brilliantly written and performed.
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

noisy lives
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon May 20, 2019 9:05 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by noisy lives » Mon May 20, 2019 4:29 pm

u calling me a snowflake . ill speak with you after ive finished rimming your mum

User avatar
StevieBoy
Posts: 3804
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by StevieBoy » Mon May 20, 2019 5:08 pm

noisy lives wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:29 pm
u calling me a snowflake . ill speak with you after ive finished rimming your mum
After you've rimmed my mother and come and spoke to me. I'll tell you I was agreeing with you! lol

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77493
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon May 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Rogg wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm
Randall wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Alf Garnett, love the neighbour it was always the racist who came off looking like the idiot.
That gets lost amongst all the complaints
So is Big Alf's idiocy what people are laughing at when they watch it? I've never seen it.
Correct he comes off like a moron
Image

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77493
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Turns out I'd never seen the last transmitted Jonathan creek episode.
Was much more like it used to be.
Image

User avatar
Rogg
Posts: 23204
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Rogg » Wed May 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Randall wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Turns out I'd never seen the last transmitted Jonathan creek episode.
Was much more like it used to be.
You may have missed it because the broadcast clashed with something at Ally Pally. Possibly the MVG-Reyes session, can't remember exactly.

An excellent episode indeed. The Grinning Man is (still!) my next episode.
Goldsaddle Goatfish
cnt go round calliNG people cyclops

User avatar
Randall
Moderator
Posts: 77493
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Contact:

Re: THE TV SHOW THREAD - *** NO SPOILERS ***

Post by Randall » Wed May 29, 2019 4:18 pm

Rogg wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:38 pm
Randall wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 pm
Turns out I'd never seen the last transmitted Jonathan creek episode.
Was much more like it used to be.
You may have missed it because the broadcast clashed with something at Ally Pally. Possibly the MVG-Reyes session, can't remember exactly.

An excellent episode indeed. The Grinning Man is (still!) my next episode.
Grinning man was ok
Image

Post Reply
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests