The Darts Forum - Darts Chat

{darts forum}

{Darts chat}

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Cannibal Cuts 

Alison Krauss has the voice of an angel. She generally has worked her craft in the area of new bluegrass, progressive bluegrass, or music of Appalachia. Not a traditionalist but certainly doesn't run from the tradition either. Her new album "Windy City" caught my interest because I had heard it was more a traditional country album and not a new grass album. And after 18 years without releasing a solo album I had to give this one a listen. Typically country is not on my list of things to listen to especially that shit coming out of Nashville now. I would say the traditional country of Cash, Carters, Williams, and music of Appalachia either bluegrass or flat picking is something I enjoy.

On "Windy City" Krauss as always makes the cover songs her own with a respectful treatment and caring love that comes across with a passion that Krauss delivers every time. Early in the year but I have to say right now this is my favorite album for 2017 so far. If you like great music this is a must have.The track "I never cared for you" written by Willie Nelson, shows how Krauss can bring something new to a song and truly make it her own. Not much to say about this one as the proof of how good of an album this is, is in the listening.

playlist for tracks from "Windy City"

Willie's version "I never cared for you"

Here is an interview with Krauss and the producer, good listen.
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/20/516138272 ... windy-city

Total entries: 5 and counting.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile Send private message

After going thru a stretch of not finding much of anything that impressed me; seems the tide has turned and finding loads of really good shit. I mean the shit that just kicks you in the guts and makes you want more. Beth Hart does that every time. She has got a big voice that goes from Janis Joplin type growling and in a N.Y. thinstance she can be some kind of smokey voiced lounge singer. This bitch be crazy in live performances. Check out her performance at the Paridiso, she is a real rock n' roll chick and you better be man enough to stand your ground or else you will get fucked.

Anyways check her out on her latest album "Fire On The Floor" Beth Hart runs the entire range of her vocal ability on this one.

Total entries: 5 and counting.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2