Celtic

Life would be boring without it!
The Ginge Reaper

Re: FAO The Celtic Fans on the forum

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:49 pm

The lucky bastards.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Mr Sheen

Post by Mr Sheen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Cheating is cheating though. Regardless of intent.

They'll get pasted in the next round, but only one team turned up and played to the laws of the game so that team should go through to the inevitable walloping.

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:06 am

Celtic are indeed back in

I'm quite surprised as the player in question only played 4 minutes and the last time his happened, UEFA ruled that offending team had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour". Celtic were 6-1 on aggregate down

D & B

Post by D & B » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 am

Serves them right, stupid cunts.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:13 am

Jammy cunts.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Mr Sheen

Re: Ginge shoots his load a tad early.

Post by Mr Sheen » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:33 am

Ginge wrote:Jammy cunts.
Hardly. Like I said before, they cheated and got caught. It's good to see that some governing bodies have the balls to punish cheating - unlike other ones that Celtic play under.

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:34 am

Grazer wrote:Celtic are indeed back in

I'm quite surprised as the player in question only played 4 minutes and the last time his happened, UEFA ruled that offending team had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour". Celtic were 6-1 on aggregate down
when was that?

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:00 am

Knots & crosses wrote:

when was that?
2010, the full excerpt from the BBC website is below:
However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".

Noisycrowds

Re: Celtic

Post by Noisycrowds » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

celtic will get stuffed next round

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Grazer wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:

when was that?
However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".
that player wasnt registered. this player was suspended.

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
Grazer wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:

when was that?

True, but I'm not sure how that warrants the vastly different punishments

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:24 pm

Grazer wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:
Grazer wrote:
Knots & crosses wrote:

when was that?

True, but I'm not sure how that warrants the vastly different punishments
perhaps in the intervening 4 years, UEFA have tightened up their disciplinary procedures.

they should be cracking down on cheats.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Knots & crosses wrote: perhaps in the intervening 4 years, UEFA have tightened up their disciplinary procedures.

they should be cracking down on cheats.

I remember the incident grazer quoted, hence why I earlier thought they might only receive a fine, unregistered or suspended players are both "illegal" so I agree with your post

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:29 pm

At least if Celtic get dumped again the manager can rustle up a decent supper
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Ginge wrote:Jammy cunts.
Absolutely. Just read the article (on the BBC) and the player in question actually DID miss three matches. The first leg of the tie against Celtic and both legs against St. Patrick's Athletic. But Legia didn't register him in their squad for the match against St. Pat's so UEFA say that he's only served one game of his suspension.

Utterly bizarre logic. Surely missing three European games means he has served his punishment? Why would you register a player for a match he can't play in?

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 pm

M H wrote:At least if Celtic get dumped again the manager can rustle up a decent supper
:D

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Is anyone able to clarify something because I can't find anything specifically on it.

Was being thrown out the CL Legia's punishment, or was the result of the 2nd leg being changed to 3-0 to Celtic the punishment, which then had an additional knock on effect of them being knocked out the CL?

Mr Sheen

Post by Mr Sheen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Grazer wrote:Is anyone able to clarify something because I can't find anything specifically on it.

Was being thrown out the CL Legia's punishment, or was the result of the 2nd leg being changed to 3-0 to Celtic the punishment, which then had an additional knock on effect of them being knocked out the CL?
The latter. It was a 3-0, which is the usual punishment for ineligible players. Unfortunately for them they had conceded an away goal - which broke the tie at 4-4.

Grazer

Post by Grazer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Mr Sheen wrote:
Grazer wrote:Is anyone able to clarify something because I can't find anything specifically on it.

The latter. It was a 3-0, which is the usual punishment for ineligible players. Unfortunately for them they had conceded an away goal - which broke the tie at 4-4.
Thank you :)