Horizons box

Life would be boring without it!
Justin Credible

Horizons box

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:11 pm

Decided to get rid of Sky since the bastards wanted me to pay for yet another remote control.

I have gone for the upc/chorus/ntl horizons box, came this morning and signed for it.
Makes your tv a smart tv, doubles my internet from my current 100mb download to 200mb.

however when my wife went to set it up the cable from the box to the "point" on the far wall was too far a distance and need an extra long cable.

Was told an insrallation engineer costs 80 euro call out so need to buy the wire.
When my wife told me i lost the plot and rang them

Fucked them from a heightt, and told them its not my fault the point on the wall is too far from the telly, thats their fault as they were the ones who years back installed it there and were i a brand new customer i would have it installed for free,
Why trhe fuck should i pay extra for a cable that should be provided by them, which they claimed was not their fault cos it was too short.
Told them i dont want their box and want it removed from my house.
Supervisor then came on the line and had the nerve to tell me it was "only a wire" I let him have it,
Told him he had 2 choices , if i but the longer cable i want the price of my vill or the box is going back and i will go back to sky.

Cunt rang me back saying they will take the price of the wire of my bill.
I know it is little momey, but their attititude and my principals were always gonna lead to a confrontation.
Thinking of adding the travel costs as well now for spite :lol:

Cameron

Re: Horizons box

Post by Cameron » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 pm

ok thanks

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:27 pm

it always pays to be a cunt.

Wife went of to maplin where the tv crowd told her to buy the cable, seems they dont stock it as the new horizon boxes are using a new connection not available yet.
now my wife is as annoyed as me, so she rang them again and told then thats it no more excuses take the box back.

They rang back, they will send out an installation guy for free and have wavered the first months payment of 80 euros as an apology.
52 euro of that was for the internet that was due anyway, which I now got for free.........pays to take no shit

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 am

why didnt u get a wireless box or plug in a dongle

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 pm

seemingly this device is the most up to date version.

I was paying 52 euros a month for my internet, for an extra 7 euros a week i fet the multi channel var the sky sport and movies, but since i dont watch them except for on line it makes no difference as I can view them on the tv bow via links and with my net increasing from 100mb to 200mb it will be no problem I suspect

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:39 pm