The Darts Forum - Darts Chat

{darts forum}

{Darts chat}

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am



Reply to topic  [ 1936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 97  Next
 Boxing 
Author Message
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 1212
Location: The city of the 120 finish
No darts for a few days then, giving the general sports forum a browse


Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:05 pm
Profile Send private message
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 1212
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Sadly, there's no way Tyson Fury gets back in top shape. He can lose all the weight, but yoyoing like that will take its toll. Shame, because he could have beaten Joshua if 100%


Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:07 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 4910
thegentle wrote:
Sadly, there's no way Tyson Fury gets back in top shape. He can lose all the weight, but yoyoing like that will take its toll. No matter because he could not have beaten Joshua if 100%


Corrected,


Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile Send private message
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 1212
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Sin wrote:
thegentle wrote:
Sadly, there's no way Tyson Fury gets back in top shape. He can lose all the weight, but yoyoing like that will take its toll. No matter because he could not have beaten Joshua if 100%


Corrected,

He absolutely could have. Joshua is pretty static, Fury is anything but, Joshua no way has it easy with a fully-fit, fully-focused Tyson Fury


Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:55 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 4910
thegentle wrote:
Sin wrote:
thegentle wrote:
Sadly, there's no way Tyson Fury gets back in top shape. He can lose all the weight, but yoyoing like that will take its toll. No matter because he could not have beaten Joshua if 100%


Corrected,

He absolutely could have. Joshua is pretty static, Fury is anything but, Joshua no way has it easy with a fully-fit, fully-focused Tyson Fury


No fucking way, Joshua would bitch slap the fucking pikey shit cunt to death,


Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Boxing fan fined 85k for streaming the Joshua fight on Facebook.
Ouch


Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:13 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Good round for the ukranian
Is this meant to be pay per view Kim?


Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
That was a cracker, cheers Kim.
Whoever loses doesn't deserve it.
Think Usyk just about did enough.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:09 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:43 pm
Posts: 2489
Randall wrote:
That was a cracker, cheers Kim.
Whoever loses doesn't deserve it.
Think Usyk just about did enough.


Boxing was far more enjoyable than darts tonight.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Posts: 7856
Location: Quietly invading South Korea
Randall wrote:
Good round for the ukranian
Is this meant to be pay per view Kim?


Nah. It is just the only the channel that wanted to broadcast.

The concept started with two eight fighter tournaments. This was the first semi-final fight. The other cruiserweight semi-final on the same channel next week. Cruisers also managed to get all four world champs into the semis so the belts will be unified.

One of the Super Middleweight semi finals, Groves vs Eubank Jr, is PPV late next month.

There were some cracking first round fights on the same channel a couple of months back. Nice idea for a tournament tbh, but will never get the most lucrative divisions.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:37 am
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Good round for the ukranian
Is this meant to be pay per view Kim?


Nah. It is just the only the channel that wanted to broadcast.

The concept started with two eight fighter tournaments. This was the first semi-final fight. The other cruiserweight semi-final on the same channel next week. Cruisers also managed to get all four world champs into the semis so the belts will be unified.

One of the Super Middleweight semi finals, Groves vs Eubank Jr, is PPV late next month.

There were some cracking first round fights on the same channel a couple of months back. Nice idea for a tournament tbh, but will never get the most lucrative divisions.


This was a nice thrown back to the days where people actually fought each other.
Used to be a big boxing fan but I've lost all track since say 2003.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 am
Profile Send private message
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 1212
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Cruiserweights deliver again, quite possibly the best division in the sport at the minute. Another cracker on next weekend, the second semi-final between Murat Gassiev and Yunier Dorticos. Not sure what channel it is, I guess it's the ITV Box Office again. Both huge punchers but there to be hit, it's sure to be an absolute war!


Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:51 am
Profile Send private message
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 am
Posts: 1212
Location: The city of the 120 finish
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Good round for the ukranian
Is this meant to be pay per view Kim?


Nah. It is just the only the channel that wanted to broadcast.

The concept started with two eight fighter tournaments. This was the first semi-final fight. The other cruiserweight semi-final on the same channel next week. Cruisers also managed to get all four world champs into the semis so the belts will be unified.

One of the Super Middleweight semi finals, Groves vs Eubank Jr, is PPV late next month.

There were some cracking first round fights on the same channel a couple of months back. Nice idea for a tournament tbh, but will never get the most lucrative divisions.


This was a nice thrown back to the days where people actually fought each other.
Used to be a big boxing fan but I've lost all track since say 2003.

2018 should be an excellent year for the sport, already plenty of great fights made and we're still only in January


Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 am
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
thegentle wrote:
Cruiserweights deliver again, quite possibly the best division in the sport at the minute. Another cracker on next weekend, the second semi-final between Murat Gassiev and Yunier Dorticos. Not sure what channel it is, I guess it's the ITV Box Office again. Both huge punchers but there to be hit, it's sure to be an absolute war!


I will try and remember!


Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:33 am
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Posts: 7856
Location: Quietly invading South Korea
Randall wrote:
Kimmy wrote:
Randall wrote:
Good round for the ukranian
Is this meant to be pay per view Kim?


Nah. It is just the only the channel that wanted to broadcast.

The concept started with two eight fighter tournaments. This was the first semi-final fight. The other cruiserweight semi-final on the same channel next week. Cruisers also managed to get all four world champs into the semis so the belts will be unified.

One of the Super Middleweight semi finals, Groves vs Eubank Jr, is PPV late next month.

There were some cracking first round fights on the same channel a couple of months back. Nice idea for a tournament tbh, but will never get the most lucrative divisions.


This was a nice thrown back to the days where people actually fought each other.
Used to be a big boxing fan but I've lost all track since say 2003.


Should get back into it.

Some quality fighters around at the moment.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:06 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Used to love the old fighters, dempsey, Johnson on the old film.
Then in my youth the era of Hagley and then tyson.
Halcyon days.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:17 pm
Profile Send private message
Online
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am
Posts: 72018
Randall wrote:
Used to love the old fighters, dempsey, Johnson on the old film.
Then in my youth the era of Hagley and then tyson.
Halcyon days.


The heavies back then were serious quality. Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Richard Dunne

_________________
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life


Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:06 pm
Profile Send private message WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Father Rout wrote:
Randall wrote:
Used to love the old fighters, dempsey, Johnson on the old film.
Then in my youth the era of Hagley and then tyson.
Halcyon days.


The heavies back then were serious quality. Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Richard Dunne



Dempsey and Johnson predate them by 50 tears but the 70s were good as well.


Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:07 pm
Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:08 pm
Posts: 7856
Location: Quietly invading South Korea
Father Rout wrote:
Randall wrote:
Used to love the old fighters, dempsey, Johnson on the old film.
Then in my youth the era of Hagley and then tyson.
Halcyon days.


The heavies back then were serious quality. Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Richard Dunne


Almost as good as robotic roidhead Joshua :?


Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile Send private message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 68360
Location: On a hill surrounded by Indians (Leicester)
Kimmy wrote:
Father Rout wrote:
Randall wrote:
Used to love the old fighters, dempsey, Johnson on the old film.
Then in my youth the era of Hagley and then tyson.
Halcyon days.


The heavies back then were serious quality. Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Richard Dunne


Almost as good as robotic roidhead Joshua :?


Back in the day they used to fight unlimited distance.
Imagine him going 50 rounds+


Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:24 pm
Profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 97  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware.