Random Sports Crap

Life would be boring without it!
Monkety Tonkety

Re: Random Sports Crap

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:55 pm

D & B wrote:
Monkety Tonkety wrote:
M H wrote:
Darth Randall wrote:apparently its the last round of the open today, they kept that quiet.
All over the sports pages of my paper just like the tennis was a couple of weeks back. Waste of space
Not a fan of golf? Can't say it's my favourite sport either, but I don't mind the final day of the Open and also the Masters.

Mind you, there's always the Tour de France. A real spectacle for the fans. Waiting for hours on end to see about 100 cyclists go past you in the blink of an eye.
A few tacks on the road would change that.
Hahaha :D

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:41 pm

rory won, few wobbles along the way.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:44 pm

thats nice

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Does anyone give a flying fuck about the Commonwealth Games which are being given wall to wall coverage on the BBC? Me neither!
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

micko

Post by micko » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:53 pm

M H wrote:Does anyone give a flying fuck about the Commonwealth Games which are being given wall to wall coverage on the BBC? Me neither!

Shhhhhhhh!.....the hurlings on.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 pm

even the athletes arent bothered it seems.

bolt just flying in to have his ego stroked.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 pm

fucked if i understand the para swimming stuff.

guy with two arms and two legs racing people missing multiple limbs. of course he fucking won!

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Darth Randall wrote:fucked if i understand the para swimming stuff.

guy with two arms and two legs racing people missing multiple limbs. of course he fucking won!
He will have limited use of limbs.

Swimmers are classified S1 through S10. S1 swimmers are effectively just a torso whilst S10 are the least impaired. You can race with people above your classification (so an S9 can race with S10 people) but not the other way round.

As there are only a handful of para-races it could be that an S9 backstroke race could have a few S8 and S7 people in it.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Ginge wrote:

Swimmers are classified S1 through S10. S1 swimmers are effectively just a torso whilst S10 are the least impaired. You can race with people above your classification (so an S9 can race with S10 people) but not the other way round.

As there are only a handful of para-races it could be that an S9 backstroke race could have a few S8 and S7 people in it.
Is brick style an approved format?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Ginge wrote:

the poor fucks with legs missing have no hope against a guy with two whatever the limitation he has.

The Ginge Reaper

Post by The Ginge Reaper » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Darth Randall wrote:
Ginge wrote:

the poor fucks with legs missing have no hope against a guy with two whatever the limitation he has.
But as already said he might not have the use of his legs. If they are just there dragging behind him then that could be a disadvantage.
Big changes on the way ! We've heard it before but it's different this time !!!! , I believe Bdo gonna grow x

Tony O'Shea, 6th January 2016

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Ginge wrote:
Darth Randall wrote:
Ginge wrote:

But as already said he might not have the use of his legs. If they are just there dragging behind him then that could be a disadvantage.
looked to be kicking away, beat the limbless guys by a way.

clearly they cant have races for one arm, one leg etc but it seems pretty fucked up.

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:39 am

Ginge wrote:

He will have limited available orifices.

Rimmers are classified S1 through S10. S1 rimmers are effectively just a spunk receptacle (i.e. not rimmers at all) whilst S10 are the least impaled. You can fellate people above your classification (so an S9 can perform fellatio on S10 people) but not the other way round.

As there is only a handjob at most para-races, it could be that an S9 bukkake party would need 7 or 8 people in it.
You are sick! This was supposed to be about swimming.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 am

this is why it is the spastics olympics.

In fact take that south arfican murdering cunt with the 2 mock legs, if anything he has an advantage, he wont ever get calf strain of pull a muscle in his limbs unlike us ordinary blokes

Monkety Tonkety

Post by Monkety Tonkety » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:37 am

Justin Credible wrote:this is why it is the spastics olympics.

In fact take that south arfican murdering cunt with the 2 mock legs, if anything he has an advantage, he wont ever get calf strain of pull a muscle in his limbs unlike us ordinary blokes
Haha some guy called Ortis Deley (think he presents shows aimed at children) got the gig for C4's athletics coverage in 2011 (lasted about 3 or 4 days before he was binned) and I believe he called Pistorius "The fastest man on no legs", alongside many other gaffes.

skweezit

Post by skweezit » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:43 am

read this in the new york times newspaper today. semi-interesting.

"Kasparov Is Soundly Defeated in Bid to Lead Chess Federation"

Garry Kasparov, the former world chess champion, rarely tasted defeat in his long playing career. But on Monday, in an election for the presidency of the World Chess Federation, the game’s governing body, Mr. Kasparov received a stinging rebuke in his effort to unseat the incumbent, Kirsan N. Ilyumzhinov. Mr. Ilyumzhinov won handily, by a vote of 110 to 61, in Tromso, Norway.

Mr. Ilyumzhinov, 52, a native of Kalmykia, a poor Russian republic on the Caspian Sea, has led the chess federation since 1995, but not without controversy. He cultivated friendships with Saddam Hussein, Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi and Bashar al-Assad, the Syrian president, and claims that he was abducted by space aliens one night in 1997. He also claims the game was invented by extraterrestrials.

Mr. Kasparov, 51, who lived in and played for Russia for many years, retired from competition in 2005. He has complained for years that Mr. Ilyumzhinov’s stewardship of the federation has discouraged corporate sponsorship and brought the group disrepute.

After the election, Mr. Ilyumzhinov issued a statement through a spokesman. “We have big differences with my opponent: I believe that chess should be clear of politics, while he thinks that they are a political tool.”

Mr. Kasparov has long been a critic of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia and has sought to find ways to force him from power. Some people saw Mr. Kasparov’s running for the presidency of the federation as part of an effort to gain a more visible platform for his views.

In a pre-emptive move in the months leading up to the election, Russian embassies in many countries called chess officials in an effort to help the candidacy of Mr. Ilyumzhinov. Among those who said they had been contacted were officials in the Czech Republic, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Norway and Singapore.

The election was held during the Chess Olympiad, a biennial competition that will end Thursday, and each of the participating countries had one vote.

The candidates crisscrossed the globe in a long, bitter campaign for support. Each side charged the other with trying to secure votes through dirty dealing and bribery, charges that were elevated after secret contracts signed by the candidates were put online this year.

One contract was between Mr. Kasparov and Ignatius Leong, a Singaporean chess official who was the general secretary of the federation and Mr. Ilyumzhinov’s lieutenant. In the contract, Mr. Kasparov, through his foundation, agreed to pay a scholastic chess foundation run by Mr. Leong up to $1 million in return for Mr. Leong’s securing votes for Mr. Kasparov’s election.

The other contract was between Mr. Ilyumzhinov and Andrew Paulson, the founder of an organization called Agon that was given the exclusive right to organize all top chess events. In the contract, Mr. Ilyumzhinov would have owned 51 percent of Agon and Mr. Paulson the rest. Both men said the contract was real but never went into effect.

Mr. Kasparov’s campaign also accused Mr. Ilyumzhinov, through his control of the federation, of replacing chess officials in some countries who were loyal to Mr. Kasparov with officials who supported Mr. Ilyumzhinov. Among the countries where Mr. Kasparov said this had happened were Afghanistan and Gabon.

In the end, all of the jockeying did not make a big difference, as the vote was no closer than it was in 2010, when Mr. Ilyumzhinov beat back a challenge by Anatoly Karpov, Mr. Kasparov’s longtime nemesis and his predecessor as world champion. In that election, Mr. Kasparov supported Mr. Karpov, but Mr. Ilyumzhinov won 95 to 55.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:59 am

Chess and from the States, Sprocket will have the tissues out

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 am

A great player and a great self publicist, a surprise he came up short.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 pm

cram getting his panties bunched about kenyans running for other countries, wont be happy when somalian mo wins then.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:39 pm

He didn't say anything about Zola Budd in 1984