Post by Sheep Shagger » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 pm

M H wrote:
fandarts wrote:common sense prevails :D
Or a dangerous precedent
Bowing to hysteria created by a story hungry media

DrZoidberg

Re: FIFA's poppy stance?

Post by DrZoidberg » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 pm

who gives a fuck that some prima donna's could wear a poppy?

i'm betting not a lot of people. people just feigning outrage for the sake of it.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:33 pm

DrZoidberg wrote:who gives a fuck that some prima donna's could wear a poppy?

i'm betting not a lot of people. people just feigning outrage for the sake of it.
The Scottish team will be wearing it as well Doc
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Knots & crosses

FIFA's poppy stance?

Post by Knots & crosses » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:40 pm

M H wrote:

not the point. I believe docs point is that these disaffected money grabbing whores don't give a fuck either way. None of them spoke out.

DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
M H wrote:

not the point. I believe docs point is that these disaffected money grabbing whores don't give a fuck either way. None of them spoke out.
this^^^

and the fact i doubt anyones life would be greatly affected if they were or were not allowed to wear the poppy.

just people kicking up a fuss for the sake of it.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
M H wrote:

Course they don't give a shit mate, I never thought for a moment they did. PR is king
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:22 pm

i agree MH and it seems it just bacame a battle of stubborness.

micko

Post by micko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:31 pm

The poppy, the new symbol of right wing extremism in Britain.

One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:15 pm

the back pages of the papers were a fucking joke today.

poppies on football boots and glorifying the players for wearing them.

totally demeaning, imagine the british legion is rightly disgusted.

micko

Post by micko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:38 pm

randall wrote:the back pages of the papers were a fucking joke today.

The two minutes silence all over Britain and Northern Ireland was a dignified and respectful way to honour those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the service of their country. This rubbish of putting poppies on football boos and other crap, to me, seems to demean the whole ethos of what the poppy should stand for.
The FA really scored an own goal with their absured request for the poppy to be on the England football shirt for their upcoming friendly with Spain, as now most of Europe will see it as a symbol of the EDL.

Are people gone so shallow as to think that not having the poppy on everything that everyone will forget the fallen? Or are you going down the American Republican Party route of having to wear a pin of the national flag on your lapel at all times to prove your patriotisim.

Seems now it's compulsory to wear the poppy to prove your Britishness. (for the want of a better word)
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:57 pm

micko wrote:
randall wrote:the back pages of the papers were a fucking joke today.

The two minutes silence all over Britain and Northern Ireland was a dignified and respectful way to honour those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the service of their country. This rubbish of putting poppies on football boos and other crap, to me, seems to demean the whole ethos of what the poppy should stand for.
The FA really scored an own goal with their absured request for the poppy to be on the England football shirt for their upcoming friendly with Spain, as now most of Europe will see it as a symbol of the EDL.

Are people gone so shallow as to think that not having the poppy on everything that everyone will forget the fallen? Or are you going down the American Republican Party route of having to wear a pin of the national flag on your lapel at all times to prove your patriotisim.

Seems now it's compulsory to wear the poppy to prove your Britishness. (for the want of a better word)
have to agree with you on most of that micko.
The whole symbolism of the poppy has lost its original meaning now to others who are only using it as a way to promote the own agenda.

micko

Post by micko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:02 pm

The whole symbolism of the poppy has lost its original meaning now to others who are only using it as a way to promote the own agenda.
The same way that the racist BNP and the sectarins of Northern Ireland and Scotland hijacked the Union Jack, as did the extreme republican movements over here with the Tri Colour.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:12 pm

one old boy cancelled his standing order for the mail today, so disgusted was he! i applauded him!

another snotty piece of benfit claiming shite was getting stroppy because i wouldnt serve during the 2 minutes silence.

get your fags elsewhere love!

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:19 pm

micko wrote:
The same way that the racist BNP and the sectarins of Northern Ireland and Scotland hijacked the Union Jack, as did the extreme republican movements over here with the Tri Colour.
look at how the family crest and red hand of the O Neill, one of the longest reigning dynasties ever in europe that outlasted the tudors, stewarts and windsors had their emblem.family symbol of irish pride and some might say catholicism stolen and used as a symbol or orange hate and bitterness.

The Swastika itself is a symbol that was originally indian in its origin but stolen and adopted by the nazi's.

micko

Post by micko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:21 pm

randall wrote:another snotty piece of benfit claiming shite was getting stroppy because i wouldnt serve during the 2 minutes silence.

You should have threw the cnut out Randall.

micko

Post by micko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
micko wrote:
look at how the family crest and red hand of the O Neill, one of the longest reigning dynasties ever in europe that outlasted the tudors, stewarts and windsors had their emblem.family symbol of irish pride and some might say catholicism stolen and used as a symbol or orange hate and bitterness.

The Swastika itself is a symbol that was originally indian in its origin but stolen and adopted by the nazi's.
These extremists attach themselves to the popular bandwagon of the day Gaz and people are too blind to see whats happening around them.

This is how most of Europe (rightly or wrongly) view the poppy since the other day.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

micko wrote:
randall wrote:another snotty piece of benfit claiming shite was getting stroppy because i wouldnt serve during the 2 minutes silence.

it was apparent to everybody else in the store, and to anyone with a brain what was going on, but sadly this ruled her out.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:30 pm

no doubt the dole claiming whore will breed a heap of fatherless children of limited intelligence that working people like yourself will have to provide for with your hard earned tax money.............dont it just sicken you.

micko

Post by micko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:32 pm

randall wrote:
micko wrote:

it was apparent to everybody else in the store, and to anyone with a brain what was going on, but sadly this ruled her out.
She's probably one of the many outraged over FIFA's original stance on the wearing of political symbols on football shirts.

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Justin Credible wrote:no doubt the dole claiming whore will breed a heap of fatherless children of limited intelligence that working people like yourself will have to provide for with your hard earned tax money.............dont it just sicken you.
there is a post office in my store, every monday the queue for benefits stretches around the store, then straight to the till for fags and scratch cards!

one had the nerve to moan she didnt get enough from the state and what did they expect here to live on!

i was fucking speechless!