Re: FIFA's poppy stance?

Post by fandarts » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:38 pm

and rightly so randall
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

hang the dj

Post by hang the dj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:48 pm

FIFA are correct not to allow poppies on the shirts, like it or not it is a ploitical symbol that could open a huge can of worms.

If the players wore poppies then what is to stop the likes of footabll teams in the middle east wearing symbols honoring Al-Qaidi?

hang the dj

Post by hang the dj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:49 pm

randall wrote:no, last one died a year or so ago.

my grandads brother was killed in france in the last days of world war one, body never found.

people like that i will be remembering.
This is how it should be, wear a poppy & remember in your own way

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:50 pm

randall wrote:no, last one died a year or so ago.

my grandads brother was killed in france in the last days of world war one, body never found.

people like that i will be remembering.

My granduncle on my fathers side fought in WW1, while a cousin on my mothers side fought against the Japanese in WW2. There was never much talk about it here as it was deemed at the time unpatriotic for Irish men to have served in he British army.
Last edited by micko on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:56 pm

doesnt make them any less brave or worth remembering now micko.

without them i dread to think what our lives would be, or if we would even have one.

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

randall wrote:doesnt make them any less brave or worth remembering now micko.

without them i dread to think what our lives would be, or if we would even have one.
That's for sure Randall, but Ireland in the 70s and 80s was a strange place when it came to Britain. A lot of monuments commemorating those who died in WW1 were let fall into disrepair and only lately have been restored.
Last edited by micko on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

Sheep Shagger

Post by Sheep Shagger » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:
micko wrote:Does the poppy commemorate these British troops?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... leeve.html
Hardly shocking news tbf, there were may traitors on all sides.
Many Irish Nationals signed up to fight for the British/Alies, god bless em.
plus if you look closely Ireland was never truly neutral and provided the UK with much needed intelligence and assistance, especially with regards to its atlantic coastline.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:44 pm

nikkiboy wrote:

plus if you look closely Ireland was never truly neutral and provided the UK with much needed intelligence and assistance, especially with regards to its atlantic coastline.

Failté ireland

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:47 pm

nikkiboy wrote:

Any allied air crew who landed in Ireland were allowed to "escape" to Northern Ireland, while German air crews were interred in the Curragh.
Last edited by micko on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:53 pm

micko wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Any allied air crew who landed in Ireland were allowed to "escape" to Northern Irland, while German air crews were interred in the Curragh.

Yes thats right, we sent them racing for the day!!

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 pm

Dicie wrote:
micko wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Any allied air crew who landed in Ireland were allowed to "escape" to Northern Irland, while German air crews were interred in the Curragh.

Yes thats right, we sent them racing for the day!!

Hahahaha.

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:18 pm

id like to congratul;ate every british soldier whose shot a mussie

well done lads you have done the world proud

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:20 pm

Noisycrowds wrote:id like to congratul;ate every british soldier whose shot a mussie

well done lads you have done the world proud
Noisy, do you have fucking huge fingers or a small keyboard?

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 pm

I'd suggest that alot of Irsh views similar to yours refect the gulit at the time of WW2 sitting on the fence springs to mind.
In fact you can say that Ireland was quite pro-active towards the Nazi's in the early days....until of course they realised they were loosing the war.....they suddenly became more helpful to the British.....suprise suprise.
what a load of shit.

First off, Ireland as a nuetral country was free to do whatever it wished and for the english to moan while they systematically tried to fuck up our country is hypocritical.

Tens of thousands of irish men volunteered for the british army to help "your" cause not our cause.
Lets not forget the innocent irish men in liverpool that were shot for treason because they refused to fight after being unlawfully conscripted so dont tell me about how bad the nazis were when the english were far worse to irish people

Mr Sheen

Post by Mr Sheen » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
I'd suggest that alot of Irsh views similar to yours refect the gulit at the time of WW2 sitting on the fence springs to mind.
In fact you can say that Ireland was quite pro-active towards the Nazi's in the early days....until of course they realised they were loosing the war.....they suddenly became more helpful to the British.....suprise suprise.
what a load of shit.

First off, Ireland as a nuetral country was free to do whatever it wished and for the english to moan while they systematically tried to fuck up our country is hypocritical.

Tens of thousands of irish men volunteered for the british army to help "your" cause not our cause.
Lets not forget the innocent irish men in liverpool that were shot for treason because they refused to fight after being unlawfully conscripted so dont tell me about how bad the nazis were when the english were far worse to irish people

Is that the Williams/Cahill case?

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:37 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
what a load of shit.

Indeed it was free to do whatever it wished, as already stated there was elements within the Irish goverment and society at the time very pro Nazi, deeply alarming imo considering Hitlers plans....
The very fact that as you say tens of thousands of Irish citizens signed up to fight for the British tells you something....pity your goverment at the time sat on the fence whilst Hitler swept all before him in Europe...
Anti Britsh sentiment aside, what about the French, Dutch, Danes, Poles etc....fuck em eh?
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Justin Credible wrote:
what a load of shit.

Indeed it was free to do whatever it wished, as already stated there was elements within the Irish goverment and society at the time very pro Nazi, deeply alarming imo considering Hitlers plans....
The very fact that as you say tens of thousands of Irish citizens signed up to fight for the British tells you something....pity your goverment at the time sat on the fence whilst Hitler swept all before him in Europe...
Anti Britsh sentiment aside, what about the French, Dutch, Danes, Poles etc....fuck em eh?
well done on missing the point completely....
The whole issue yopu make of sitting on the fence is what neutrality is about.
Whining like a bitch cos other countries did not help you seems a typical british attitude.
It was your war and your problem and sulking cos others did not help.

M H
Site Admin

Post by M H » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Fifa are gonna allow England to wear a poppy on their black armbands
When you actually feel anger over a place like this it's time to get a life

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:47 pm

common sense prevails :D
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993