FIFA's poppy stance?

Life would be boring without it!
Dicie

Re: FIFA's poppy stance?

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:59 am

Noisycrowds wrote:hahahah how are you , hope your ok and your pigeons are well

There in fine shape sir, hope the holiday went well......

yeah, im just killing 10 mins here to annoy the furious one, then i shall be off.

Iv no views at all on the poppy day, infact i think it is a nice way to remember family or loved ones that have died offering there lives for others.

Bit like st patricks day over here, honouring all them great irish heros that bombed london and the rest of the uk

Noisycrowds

Post by Noisycrowds » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 am

yes thanks holiday great then come back to rain all bloody day

each to there own on celebration days , one mans meat etc

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 am

Dicie wrote:

yeah, im just killing 10 mins here to annoy the furious one, then i shall be off.

Iv no views at all on the poppy day, infact i think it is a nice way to remember family or loved ones that have died offering there lives for others.

Bit like st patricks day over here, honouring all them great irish heros that bombed london and the rest of the uk
Baiting up well this morning.....

I'd suggest that alot of Irsh views similar to yours refect the gulit at the time of WW2 sitting on the fence springs to mind.
In fact you can say that Ireland was quite pro-active towards the Nazi's in the early days....until of course they realised they were loosing the war.....they suddenly became more helpful to the British.....suprise suprise.
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:
Dicie wrote:

I'd suggest that alot of Irsh views similar to yours refect the gulit at the time of WW2 sitting on the fence springs to mind.
In fact you can say that Ireland was quite pro-active towards the Nazi's in the early days....until of course they realised they were loosing the war.....they suddenly became more helpful to the British.....suprise suprise.

Walk around any english housing estate and speak to you're every day white family about the african/american family down the road, and tell me the nazis had it wrong.

As for sitting on the fence, why shud we fight another mans battles? Why should we back up a country that had tried (but failed) to destroy us.

As i said, it the nazis had it so wrong, why do so many brits hold the same opinions as them?

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 am

Dicie wrote:
Dicie wrote:

Walk around any english housing estate and speak to you're every day white family about the african/american family down the road, and tell me the nazis had it wrong.

As for sitting on the fence, why shud we fight another mans battles? Why should we back up a country that had tried (but failed) to destroy us.

As i said, it the nazis had it so wrong, why do so many brits hold the same opinions as them?
Well i'm glad thats cleared that up...Nazi's had it spot on then...
My apologies.... :lol:

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:20 am

Dicie wrote:
Dicie wrote:

Well i'm glad thats cleared that up...Nazi's had it spot on then...
My apologies.... :lol:

Were they wrong? If they were wrong surely there would be no racism in the UK?

Maybe people should lead by example, like you're football captain

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 am

Racism existis in every country, it diddn't play a big part in why we went to war in 1939....not initally anyway.

Men who fought in WW2 for example wern't fighting for racism, they were fighting for freedom from the Nazis plans of a 1000 year reich.....
Hitlers persecution of the Jews wasn't the reason why we went to war in the first place...

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 am

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:Racism existis in every country, it diddn't play a big part in why we went to war in 1939....not initally anyway.

Men who fought in WW2 for example wern't fighting for racism, they were fighting for freedom from the Nazis plans of a 1000 year reich.....
Hitlers persecution of the Jews wasn't the reason why we went to war in the first place...

Ah yes.

believe everything you read do you.

Just like thew war in iraq had fuck all to do with oil.

Ok furious, you believe the propoganda war machine lies if you want fella, its obvious to me we differ on this greatly.

Hail hitler.

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am

Hail Dice.....

Of course Iraq was about oil, some wars are more just than others though...WW2 for example.
That's where my thoughts will be on Sunday.....fuck knows where we'd be if the Nazi's has won WW2.

Dicie

Post by Dicie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 am

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:Hail Dice.....

Of course Iraq was about oil, some wars are more just than others though...WW2 for example.
That's where my thoughts will be on Sunday.....fuck knows where we'd be if the Nazi's has won WW2.

Alot of tall, blue eyed, good looking blondes, instead of the fat toothless mong that was on jeremy kyle there

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:03 am

Dicie wrote:
Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:Hail Dice.....

Alot of tall, blue eyed, good looking blondes, instead of the fat toothless mong that was on jeremy kyle there
ok ok....you win :lol:

gonk

Post by gonk » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:29 pm

i will not be remembering the losses in the great wars on remembrance day, instead i will be using it as a more personal day of thought thinking of the lives of 3 close mates who i served with and have sadly passed during my time in the forces.

yes it is a good argument about where would be if the germans had won, (and my opinion is we didnt win the war, germany lost it, far too many critical errors made my hitler like invading russia and moving the tanks at normandy and stopping the bombing raid on our airfields but tough shit) is id take freedom over a nazi reich, yes we may have had a better economy, we may have had a better policy on immigration but in my eyes those are nothing compared to not speaking german, being led by a dictatorship and having freedom
I wished for this, I bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact
You cannot kill what you did not create

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 pm

gonk wrote:i will not be remembering the losses in the great wars on remembrance day, instead i will be using it as a more personal day of thought thinking of the lives of 3 close mates who i served with and have sadly passed during my time in the forces.

yes it is a good argument about where would be if the germans had won, (and my opinion is we didnt win the war, germany lost it, far too many critical errors made my hitler like invading russia and moving the tanks at normandy and stopping the bombing raid on our airfields but tough shit) is id take freedom over a nazi reich, yes we may have had a better economy, we may have had a better policy on immigration but in my eyes those are nothing compared to not speaking german, being led by a dictatorship and having freedom
Cracking post Gonk.

The 'what ifs' in WW2 are a subject i've debated countless times. Its fair to say that the Russians bore the brunt yet in the main its the Western campaign that most will be aware of.
Your right in saying that Hitler fucked it all up basically by not taking his commanders advice, we were almost fucked several times prior to Hitler invading the Russians.
North Africa for example was a key victory.....this should have firstly been Hitlers main objective rather than invaiding the Soviets...

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Dicie wrote:

We should have fought against the people who murdered the innocents and oppressed nations with an iron fist.
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:07 pm

Does the poppy commemorate these British troops?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... leeve.html
One year I got a bike for my birthday. So I went peddling off down the road and knocked an old lady down.
'Can't you ring your bell?' She said. 'I can ring my bell,' I said 'But I can't ride my bike'

fandarts

Post by fandarts » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:18 pm

there is nowt wrong in rememebering your past-good over evil -good prevailed but paid huge losses of life and traumatic knock on effects for those involved, surely a national team wearing a flower to acknowledged those who made it possible for them to be where they are isn't too much to ask for fifa to allow? fuk fifa wear the flower anyway is my advice, you have to stand up for what you truely believe in.
Justin Credible wrote:all jail the pdc

LAUGHING AT THE PDC SINCE 1993

micko

Post by micko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:20 pm

The lesser evil prevailed.

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:21 pm

micko wrote:Does the poppy commemorate these British troops?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... leeve.html
Hardly shocking news tbf, there were may traitors on all sides.
Many Irish Nationals signed up to fight for the British/Alies, god bless em.

D & B

Post by D & B » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Are there any soldiers alive today who fought in WW1?

Randall
Site Admin

Post by Randall » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 pm

no, last one died a year or so ago.

my grandads brother was killed in france in the last days of world war one, body never found.

people like that i will be remembering.