The weekend football thread.

Life would be boring without it!
Dartfrog

Re: The weekend football thread.

Post by Dartfrog » Sun May 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Whilst Fergie is still in charge Red i can see them adding to that tally as well.
The transition between managers and United possibly picking the wrong successor is where they may fuck up for Liverpool to come back to their level.

redman

Post by redman » Sun May 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Dartfrog wrote:Whilst Fergie is still in charge Red i can see them adding to that tally as well.
The transition between managers and United possibly picking the wrong successor is where they may fuck up for Liverpool to come back to their level.

i'll answer that with a post just made elsewhere! (thats the fucking problem with these two forums you wanna talk with the people you have done for last couple of years and have to repeat self to do so!)

a nice thought but in reality its going to take a lot and we need to improve the squad the centre of the defence -skrtel is a fucking liability, agger too injury prone, carra reaching the end of his career

width and pace is lacking as is decent forward back up the likes of ngog is just not up to it - gerrard may never be the force he was again years of carrying us is bound to take its toll he is probably 3 years older in football terms than his actual age because of how much he has had to do

attracting good enough players is getting harder, revenues have to be grown to compete with man u and arsenal etc and to be fair the commercial dept under ian ayre are getting better but we are years behind the mancs

sad thing is we have just as much "support" in the lucrative territories like the far east for example but they have cashed in on it much better than we have.

Tungsten Terrorist

Post by Tungsten Terrorist » Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm

redman wrote:
Dartfrog wrote:Whilst Fergie is still in charge Red i can see them adding to that tally as well.

i'll answer that with a post just made elsewhere! (thats the fucking problem with these two forums you wanna talk with the people you have done for last couple of years and have to repeat self to do so!)

a nice thought but in reality its going to take a lot and we need to improve the squad the centre of the defence -skrtel is a fucking liability, agger too injury prone, carra reaching the end of his career

width and pace is lacking as is decent forward back up the likes of ngog is just not up to it - gerrard may never be the force he was again years of carrying us is bound to take its toll he is probably 3 years older in football terms than his actual age because of how much he has had to do

attracting good enough players is getting harder, revenues have to be grown to compete with man u and arsenal etc and to be fair the commercial dept under ian ayre are getting better but we are years behind the mancs

sad thing is we have just as much "support" in the lucrative territories like the far east for example but they have cashed in on it much better than we have.
I take the piss mate but love Scouse humour.. got a great story to tell as well

redman

Post by redman » Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Tungsten Terrorist wrote:
redman wrote:

I take the piss mate but love Scouse humour.. got a great story to tell as well

shouldnt you be out drinking your own body weight in lager!?

well done on number 19 as well :cry:

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sun May 08, 2011 9:39 pm

A little to negative me thinks. Yes the squad needs an overhaul but in terms of a name Liverpool will always attract.
I'm not sure in terms of what finance you may have though but was is important is the champions league, its this what really entices players to sign and in that respect next season is huge for Liverpool.
Fail again to finish in the top four and the financial/player hit will be huge but if they do make it the rebuilding process to eventually challenge for the title again can begin.

redman

Post by redman » Sun May 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Dartfrog wrote:A little to negative me thinks. Yes the squad needs an overhaul but in terms of a name Liverpool will always attract.
I'm not sure in terms of what finance you may have though but was is important is the champions league, its this what really entices players to sign and in that respect next season is huge for Liverpool.
Fail again to finish in the top four and the financial/player hit will be huge but if they do make it the rebuilding process to eventually challenge for the title again can begin.
oh aye the champions league is a must and i dont think we will be too far away from that over the coming seasons - i can only see chelsea going backwards - man u and arsenal will of course be there man citys money will work the trick for them - spurs i am not sure about and you can forget the rest so yeah i see no reason why we cant be up in that top 4 and kick on from there

what the new owners do about the ground issue is critical too they have to get it right

Tungsten Terrorist

Post by Tungsten Terrorist » Sun May 08, 2011 9:46 pm

well done on number 19 as well :cry:[/quote]
If i mention operations mate people shout "Look at me look at me"
Was that Rout? who knows? I had by the way my metal pins removed by local so i could watch United today thats how hard i am (Not really)

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Did you remove them with your teeth TT you hard bastard.

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Sun May 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Sideshow bob had a 'mare, & francesca torres, oh dear....

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Sun May 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Congrats to utd! Well deserved title win this year. As a Liverpool fan i am feeling very positive about the future. Expect some big signings and with Kenny at the helm he will instil believe in the team. Top 4 and maybe a title challenge next year. Top 4 the big priority for next year without a doubt

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Sun May 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Top four the target. Think Liverpools title ambitions are at least 2-3 years down the line and thats if everything goes to plan till then.

Tungsten Terrorist

Post by Tungsten Terrorist » Sun May 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Tungsten Terrorist wrote:well done on number 19 as well :cry:
If i mention operations mate people shout "Look at me look at me"
Was that Rout? who knows? I had by the way my metal pins removed by local so i could watch United today thats how hard i am (Not really)[/quote]
I never said any of that ya fuckers

redman

Post by redman » Sun May 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:Sideshow bob had a 'mare, & francesca torres, oh dear....
chelsea will never get the best out of torres in the system they use

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 pm

redman wrote:
They will ruin him like they ruined sheva.

Justin Credible

Post by Justin Credible » Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:
redman wrote:
They will ruin him like they ruined sheva.
WOULDN'T THAT BE AWFUL :lol:

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Mon May 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Another good game this. Unbelievable second half of the season for Liverpool, but that's the power of a Scottish manager for you.

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Yes, let's all do the bouncy!

lyallers_YNWA

Post by lyallers_YNWA » Mon May 09, 2011 9:41 pm

This is just beautiful! I just cant get enough......lol

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Peach from Sidwell.

D & B

Post by D & B » Mon May 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Knots, I'm guessing you were there yesterday can you tell me the reason ancelotti was so pissed at Luis? Would ask Ratty but it is evident he knows fuck all about footy.