The weekend football thread.

Life would be boring without it!
Knots & crosses

Re: The weekend football thread.

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Luiz was rank rotten yesterday.

He was to blame for both goals and generally played like the game of football was particle physics and he was a window licker.

Or as the bloke next to me said, "when did they swap luiz for colluncini?"

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Mon May 09, 2011 10:15 pm

D&B i believe Ancelotti had told Luis to get rid of the ball instead of fannying about which led to the first goal, but rather than accept the bollocking he argued back at which point Ancelotti told Alex to warm up.

D & B

Post by D & B » Mon May 09, 2011 10:17 pm

Ancelotti said something about him not being right during his interview at the end, had he picked up an injury during the week/warm up?

D & B

Post by D & B » Mon May 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Knots & crosses wrote:Luiz was rank rotten yesterday.

He was to blame for both goals and generally played like the game of football was particle physics and he was a window licker.

Or as the bloke next to me said, [b]"when did they swap luiz for colluncini[/b]?"
Love it, who has been Uniteds best player this season in your opinion.
Last edited by D & B on Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 pm

I would suggest anything ancelotti said goes down the old adage of "deny externally, bollock internally."

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Uniteds best player?

Vidic. Fucking monster of a defender.

However, if Ji Sung Park hadn't gone off to play in the Asian championship, he would have run nemanja close.

D & B

Post by D & B » Mon May 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Cheers mate.

redman

Post by redman » Tue May 10, 2011 12:34 am

redmen awesome tonight what could have been had the king been in charge from start of season especially in a season where teams have been under par at the top

the dalglish revolution has now yielded 33 points from 16 games after the previous regime yielded a measely 25 from 20!

a club and team transformed and its a pleasure to have our club back in some kind of shape

fans chanting the managers name players motivated and playing well - why didnt those twats who owned the club make the right appointment last summer?

DMA

Post by DMA » Tue May 10, 2011 10:33 am

Agree with Redamns post.
Was a pleasure to watch Liverpool at Craven Cottage lastnight, Maxi is not only scoring but is all round game has improved under Kenny so much and still so happy with young Flanaghan and Spearing, Kenny take a bow son what a job.
Suarez scared the crap out of Fulhams defence last night, Team performance was tops like watching Liverpool at home and to those in charge apparently the contract for Kenny is in place, get him sign it now don't wait untill the end of the season do it now,
Mate of mine who is a boxing promoter he told us he was in London chatting with some folk about a month back and the guy who is Arron Lennons agent was there and he said if Liverpool come in for him Lennon would be very intrested.
I don't think the guys final balls are good enough tbh I would leave Kuyt over on the right and save the cash.
Other rumour I heard is Kaka is not happy at Madrid not starting and getting subbed and fancies a move to the Premier League (not to play Barney or Taylor) Think only Chelsea or Citeh could afford his wages though. Briliant player in my book. End of the season is nigh the rumour mill will run high.

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 am

The big test for Dalglish will come next season, good enough for a top 4 challenge? Perhaps with 2/3 quality additions to the team. Hodgson to the blame but some of the more senior players need to take a look at their performances during that period.
The reliance on Gerrard will be in full decline next season...32 now? and injury prone to boot....
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies put you down and their promises bust

DMA

Post by DMA » Tue May 10, 2011 10:52 am

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:The big test for Dalglish will come next season, good enough for a top 4 challenge? Perhaps with 2/3 quality additions to the team. Hodgson to the blame but some of the more senior players need to take a look at their performances during that period.
The reliance on Gerrard will be in full decline next season...32 now? and injury prone to boot....

The start of this season was terrible we can blame Woy the players the unrest with the board but thank the lord it is over now. New owners new manager and the team look like a new team under Kenny,
I think we need to tighten up at the back we need a Vidic or Terry kind of defender solid every match.
If Kenny can keep the momentum going and clean up those shitty away days like the ones at West Ham and Blackpool where we didn't turn up then getting back in the top four is a very feasable target imo give Lfc a about 3 quality players and I can't see why we couldn't challenge for a title if they keep the belief and play like they did lastnight and aginst Chelsea away and Utd at home Liverpool won't be the easy team to beat like we were under Woy.

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:55 am

DMA wrote:
Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:The big test for Dalglish will come next season, good enough for a top 4 challenge? Perhaps with 2/3 quality additions to the team. Hodgson to the blame but some of the more senior players need to take a look at their performances during that period.

The start of this season was terrible we can blame Woy the players the unrest with the board but thank the lord it is over now. New owners new manager and the team look like a new team under Kenny,
I think we need to tighten up at the back we need a Vidic or Terry kind of defender solid every match.
If Kenny can keep the momentum going and clean up those shitty away days like the ones at West Ham and Blackpool where we didn't turn up then getting back in the top four is a very feasable target imo give Lfc a about 3 quality players and I can't see why we couldn't challenge for a title if they keep the belief and play like they did lastnight and aginst Chelsea away and Utd at home Liverpool won't be the easy team to beat like we were under Woy.
Wont happen next season....the big boys will all look to strengthen as well leaving Liverpool still playing catch-up to a degree. 3rd/4th's probably best you can aim for......

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue May 10, 2011 11:04 am

Great job done by King Kenny but i expect the other big teams to spend big. It'll be difficult next season for them regardless and as Wolfie said the real test starts next season.

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 11:05 am

Kaka would get destroyed in the epl.

Dartfrog

Post by Dartfrog » Tue May 10, 2011 11:07 am

Fatality move?

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 am

FINISH HIM!!

Furious Wolfie 180

Post by Furious Wolfie 180 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 am

Knots & crosses wrote:Kaka would get destroyed in the epl.
I haven't read anything but let me guess?

Man City?

Knots & crosses

Post by Knots & crosses » Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am

I think he'll end up back in Milan.

DMA

Post by DMA » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 am

Furious Wolfie 180 wrote:
DMA wrote:

Wont happen next season....the big boys will all look to strengthen as well leaving Liverpool still playing catch-up to a degree. 3rd/4th's probably best you can aim for......
Utd have some good signings in the pipeline, Citeh I suppose will go stupid again and Chelsea might add 1 or 2, Normal procedure for summer but the way Lfc are playing under Kenny cannot be ignored they have proved they can beat the top teams Chelsea, Utd, Citeh, all well beaten and Arsenal were lucky to get a draw at beginning of the season alas under Woy, it's the rainy away days at places like Blackpool on a wednesday night where we can improve Utd do it and Chelsea do it thats why there first and second, I don't see any reason why they can't be challengeing with Utd Chelsea etc if we make a couple or more quality signings. Anyone with sense will feel Utd or Chelsea will be favourites for next years title but if Lfc can challenge in the top four with only say 3-5 point difference and a Champions league place finish at the end of the season I will be happy, It will be an improvement and something to build on.

DMA

Post by DMA » Tue May 10, 2011 11:28 am

Gotta say I think Kaka would fail in the EPL he would get closed down so quick and so hard he wouldn't handle it.